Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

20 hours ago, Hales said:

To be fair the training video was only a minute or so long and showed no one really other than the youngsters, Evans and vards. Fofana and castagne were briefly visible. If we are going on that then most of the team is out! It felt to me like they were not really showing much on purpose, maybe keeping things on the down low a little more now. Tunnel cam has also disappeared.  I suspect he wants tactics etc kept quiet and players concentrated. It's a shame for fans that there is less on social media but understandable. They were all included in the gallery though so I don't think we need to worry 😊

Not a bad idea with Covid maybe.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

With the injury problems West Ham have got we need to get straight at them from the off tomorrow, none of this over cautious mamby pamby slow start let's play not to lose bollocks. 3pts would really put a big downer on their ambitions to overtake us. We also need to 'mind the gap' between us Chelsea and Liverpool who are looking ominous. If you want to be top 4 you need to show courage and ambition, if you don't, you have no right to be there.

Agree.

The "performance" tomorrow will be a good indication of where our manager and players heads are at.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

With the injury problems West Ham have got we need to get straight at them from the off tomorrow, none of this over cautious mamby pamby slow start let's play not to lose bollocks. 3pts would really put a big downer on their ambitions to overtake us. We also need to 'mind the gap' between us Chelsea and Liverpool who are looking ominous. If you want to be top 4 you need to show courage and ambition, if you don't, you have no right to be there.

Superb :appl:

• Thanks 1

Guest StevieLynex

I think that this is probably Rodgers' most important match since he became our Manager. A win goes a long way to cementing our position in the top four and probably takes us out of the reach of West Ham and Spurs at least. A defeat brings back memories of last season's bottling job. Can Rodgers deliver? He has a track record of bottling at this level. Come on Brendan, three points please

I think psychologically, it's a must not lose sort of game. I can see us sitting back for much of the game. Whether that backfires on us, who knows? 

I've noticed that whu tend to concede goals in the second half. Fingers crossed that we don't concede in the first half. They definitely start off strongly. 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Season defining game. Must win for me if we want to finish in the top four. Although it won’t be mathematically over if we lose, I just think it opens the door for the chasing pack, and means we’re within arms reach of Chelsea. We have to go for third because if we do then this could all be done with two games to play. Five games, five must wins for me. One massive push lads to get the job done, we’ve been amazing all season, let’s not **** all of the hard work up....

Why not just go for first and get it done sooner?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can take losing the game, but what I can't deal with is if we start like we have never kicked a football before and wait for them to race into a 2-0 until we start playing like prime Barca. 

If we have learnt and matured from last season, then tomorrow is the game.... Fvcking huge! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Four very winnable league games after this one. Not time to panic if we don’t get the result. 

Agree, but a defeat could put a seed of doubt again in their minds and then those 4 winnable games become very tense, particularly if you drop points in the first one. 6 wins on the bounce I'm going for. That will tie up Champions League football and an FA cup final. :trumpet:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I can take losing the game, but what I can't deal with is if we start like we have never kicked a football before and wait for them to race into a 2-0 until we start playing like prime Barca. 

If we have learnt and matured from last season, then tomorrow is the game.... Fvcking huge! 

I think we have proved it on a few occasions already, I'm confident we can get the win if everyone turns up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

When I think of must wins I think of this game. It’s absolutely a must win. Lose and it’ll be catastrophic. 6 pointer. I’d take a point though 

You'd take a point from a 'must win' game. Okay. I'll assume this is intentionally funny.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bryn said:

It's absolutely a must win in the sense that the harm a defeat will cause, on the points board, psychologically, would be absolutely devastating. Any other interpretation is semantics, if you want to be a pedant and say there's X amount of points left fine, but defeat tomorrow is absolutely inconceivable if this team wants to be playing CL football next season.

A draw would be ok