Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

Rice, Yarmolenko and Antonio out, that's fantastic news for us. As long as we manage to keep Lingaard quiet and keep on creating chances we should be fine

WHAM 0 - 3 LCFC, Ian, Tielers and Vards to share the goalscorers glory  :scarf: 

Edited by Chester Dontlie

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

lollollollol

Wow. You've managed to make us weaker in attack and defence with that, pretty good. Pretty impressive. If Moyes could pick a team, it would probably be that.

I'm convinced the diamond is the way forwards in this game. It became a 3 4 1 2 in possession and then a 4 3 1 2 out of possession.

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Evans

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Praet

Maddison

Kel

Vardy 

Sounds like Madders will only be fit for the bench, so swap in Perez and this would be my team as well.

• Like 1

Moyes said:

”We’ve had a couple of injuries and I don’t think Mick is going to make this game. 

But apart from that I don’t think we’re too bad.”

Not sure if that means Rice as well or whether it means there are other injuries.

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Moyes said:

”We’ve had a couple of injuries and I don’t think Mick is going to make this game. 

But apart from that I don’t think we’re too bad.”

Not sure if that means Rice as well or whether it means there are other injuries.

They said Rice was out for 5 weeks minimum so doubtful he will be back Sunday. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

They said Rice was out for 5 weeks minimum so doubtful he will be back Sunday. 

Yeah, I know Rice is out but I wasn’t sure if “We’ve had a couple of injuries” meant Antonio and another.

Although we'd all agree a draw would be a good result for us I hope Rodgers doesn't set us up to play for one. As a top 4 team we should be and, in my opinion, are much better than that. Win and we'll go 7 points clear of them. End of! 

32 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Rice, Yarmolenko and Antonio out, that's fantastic news for us. As long as we manage to keep Lingaard quiet and keep on creating chances we should be fine

WHAM 0 - 3 LCFC, Ian, Tielers and Vards to share the goalscorers glory  :scarf: 

If only... 

:nigel:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-press-conference-live-5280441

13:57JORDAN BLACKWELL
Must win?
“Even if we lost the game we’re still ahead and then we’re counting the games down. We want to win. Our plan is to win the game. We don’t worry about it. Is it a must-win game? If we lose it and win all of the others it doesn’t really matter. We’ll aim to give our best. If we lose, we’re still in a great position. There’s lots of games to play.”

13:57JORDAN BLACKWELL
What went wrong in home game?
“Availability of players, we were missing some key players. We came off the back of a great win at Man City, and then we went into the West Ham game and we weren’t very good. We have to give credit to them. A lot has happened in between. We have developed. We arrive into this game. Maybe people didn’t expect to challenge for the top four, but both teams are where they are on merit. Certainly we will be better than we were that day.”

13:56JORDAN BLACKWELL
Injury crisis over?
“Hopefully. We’ve got players back and available. It was flipping for us the other way at this point last season. We want to have them fit and then you have a choice.”

What would success be?
“For us to find success would be to arrive in European football for the second year in a row. We want to arrive in the Champions League and finish as high as we can. Once the 38th game is done, if we are in Europe, that’s a success. We have a semi-final, can we get to the final? What’s most important is the progression. There’s so many points to fight for, and many twists and turns to come I’m sure.”

Vardy drought?
“The team’s still been winning. It’s just a mixture of everything. What’s most important, you need to continue to work, and then you need a bit of luck. We know he can score at anytime. He’s just been unfortunate, with keepers making incredible saves, blocks on the line. He’s such a threat, with his sharpness and speed."

Home defeat to West Ham?
“They performed at a good level. We weren’t on our game. They were much better than us, we didn’t control the counters well and they exploited that. We know we have to play a high level game. We know it will be a tough game for them. They’ve had some great results, we lost to a team who is on a different level, but other than that we’ve been in good form.”

13:55JORDAN BLACKWELL
West Ham?
“David has done a great job. He’s moulded the squad into a tough team to beat. His organisational skills and experience as a manager. Alongside that, you need good players and they have some outstanding players. Declan is a top player. Fabianski is good goalkeeper, Cresswell has quality, Coufal has been great since he came in. Noble has experience who works very well, and then Lingard and Antonio have combined very well. On the sides, Fornals is a talent, Bowen has done well since coming in from the Championship. It’s not so much a surprise.”

Big game?
“It’s a very important game and we’ll look to do well. They beat us well. They put us in our place. They were very good. We know their qualities on the counter-attack. Antonio is a counter-attack on his own, it’s unbelievable the level he has been playing. Lingard is a high level player. You can see the quality he has, so he’ll be a big threat. It should be a fantastic game.”

Maddison?
“It was really good to get him back on the field. He’s a bit away from where his level would be. It’s important to have him back.”

Iheanacho contract show he's Vardy's successor?
“What we’re saying is we think he’s going to be an important striker for us in the future. You need more than one. He’s developing and improving and is going to be an important part of the squad. But later down the line, when Jamie is finished, we will have to have another one, maybe two. We’ve seen his confidence grow. He looks a real threat and can score goals. Being so young, we know there is a lot more to come.”

13:54JORDAN BLACKWELL
Neville says you should be next England boss?
“Ooh, Gary. I want to manage at international level at some point during my career. I’m very happy here. I’ve signed a long contract here and I’ve only been here just over a couple of years. Leicester City is the perfect place for me. I can develop players, I have a great relationship with the board. Gareth has done a great job. They have an exciting group of players and are always going to be competitive. I look no further than when I am at the minute.”

LCFC Women?
“It’s fantastic. I’m delighted for them. It’s a great achievement. They’ll move into the top level next season. It’s a show of resilience, persistence, quality. They’ve been very consistent throughout the season.”

Soyuncu?
“We’re hoping by Sunday when he’ll do his test, it will be negative and we can get him back. He will have done his isolation period out there. He’s been able to train. He’s had no symptoms. We decided to keep him there where he could train and so he wouldn’t have to isolate over here. Hopefully he can rejoin the group next week and be ready for Southampton.”

13:32JORDAN BLACKWELL
Rodgers is here
The manager has taken his seat.

Updates should start to be posted in around 20 minutes time.

13:21JORDAN BLACKWELL
Good afternoon!
Hello and welcome to our live coverage of Brendan Rodgers' press conference.

The manager is due to sit down with us at about 1.30pm, when he will give his thoughts on the trip to West Ham, the top-four race, Caglar Soyuncu's availability, the fitness of his squad, and more.

Stay tuned.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rodgers said they're all fit except cags, jj, Barnes and under.

Why would he lie? Sone missing from the training video but I imagine they're managing those who've either just come back or had heavy workloads. Lots of unnecessary panic.

Rodgers has a habit of this. He knew Soyuncu would be missing for Man City but he didn’t mention it in his press conference.

Just now, Ricey said:

Rodgers has a habit of this. He knew Soyuncu would be missing for Man City but he didn’t mention it in his press conference.

He didn't actually. He wasn't due back till later that Thursday in that specific example. He also pretty much said he was waiting for some to report back when Dorsett asked him.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He didn't actually. He wasn't due back till later that Thursday in that specific example. He also pretty much said he was waiting for some to report back when Dorsett asked him.

He’d have failed his test by then though, if he was due back on Thursday.

He did it with Vardy earlier in the season as well. Didn’t mention it in his pre-match press conference but then after the match stated he’d not trained all week.

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He did it with Vardy earlier in the season as well. Didn’t mention it in his pre-match press conference but then after the match stated he’d not trained all week.

It was 130 and turkey played on the weds I believe so they may not have had the results back. Don't recall that incident with vardy at all. He certainly called it before the villa game.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/injury-crisis-leicester-city-jamie-4614303

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Yeah, he's previous for this and he was asked about injuries and illnesses in the presser not whether players are unavailable. The training video is a minute long, I find that odd when they are usually 5 mins of slow motion dross.

He's talked about Maddison explicitly today, which says to me he didn't train yesterday either due to a slight knock, or like Vardy/Morgan they are managing his training time to minimise the risk of the pain resurfacing.

Tielemans and Perez is more of a concern, I'll grant you. Hopefully just precautions over knocks that have settled down today.