Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I just think some weird freak has made stuff up. I became aware of something being made out earlier this week and have been assured its not true. Let's see, won't know if its true until we see the team so I won't dig the person out completely until I know for sure but I'm pretty confident.

The bit which is slightly suspicious is that Praet has come from nowhere to start ahead of Madders and Perez.

But as you say we’ll just have to wait and see. Roll on 5 past 1!

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I just think some weird freak has made stuff up. I became aware of something being made out earlier this week and have been assured its not true. Let's see, won't know if its true until we see the team so I won't dig the person out completely until I know for sure but I'm pretty confident.

The alleged miscreants are consistent with the team you posted last night.  Or do you think the rumour has been created from the team - i.e. make something up about players not in it?

I’m sorry but this is such BS, taking me back to when an unknown user told FT that Vardy would be injured for the rest of the season - it was actually Becky Vardy lol

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah let’s be real here Brendan ain’t dropping lads from the squad and disciplining them for one of our biggest games of the season.

Tbh I’d be more annoyed at Rodgers if he were to do that than the players for going to a party. 

And show the whole squad they can just walk all over the manager? Come on, nobody is bigger than this club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Are you mad????

Strict discipline during a fantastic season is absolutly vital and he as the manager should deliver strict punishment no matter what.

Strong discipline squad is a professional and successful squad on and off the pitch 

Totally agree, and puts the whole team and staff at COVID risk. I realise it’s quite fashionable to belittle that as in contradiction of personal liberty (going to a party) though

4 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

The bit which is slightly suspicious is that Praet has come from nowhere to start ahead of Madders and Perez.

But as you say we’ll just have to wait and see. Roll on 5 past 1!

Not that off the wall though . Mendy in for N’didi would be off the wall 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Totally agree, and puts the whole team and staff at COVID risk. I realise it’s quite fashionable to belittle that as in contradiction of personal liberty (going to a party) though

Aren’t there PL or FA Covid rules that apply to players? Might be punishments outside Rodgers’ control anyway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah let’s be real here Brendan ain’t dropping lads from the squad and disciplining them for one of our biggest games of the season.

Tbh I’d be more annoyed at Rodgers if he were to do that than the players for going to a party. 

That's only going on what we know so far though. We have no idea what actually could have happened (or not happened tbf) 

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Not that off the wall though . Mendy in for N’didi would be off the wall 

Oh yeah. Just a little bit strange how he’s gone from 3rd in the pecking order to starting.

We’ll just have to wait and see, I’ll be pissed if true though! Our bench will be ultra thin with no Madders or Perez.

As the "great" Donald Rumsfeld said

There are things you know that you know 

There also things you know you don't know 

And there are things you don't know that you don't know 

This is something that we know that we don't know 

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah, let's just let them mix with the whole squad after breaking their bubble and putting themselves at risk of catching Covid..... Even if you didn't discipline them, you would still have to isolate them from the rest of the squad. (If indeed thos has actually happened)

5 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

What's a 'covid party'? 

Did they put disease shaped balloons up

I doubt whether it’s a Covid party in the sense of deliberately trying to spread Covid between them (as rumoured amongst some young people IIR). Surely they’d be mad to do that as professional athletes. Probably just a regular party, but during a pandemic.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

12 minutes ago, NasPb said:

As the great dick cheney said

There are things you know that you know 

There also things you know you don't know 

And there are things you don't know that you don't know 

This is something that we know that we don't know 

And as the great Dick Emery said "Ooh you are awful"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

They get tested every few days. Have a final warning - just because they’re footballers doesn’t mean they aren’t gonna wanna have a beer together considering the last year or so of not being able to. 

The expectations of what athletes have to be these days is ridiculous. We know that none of those 3 lads are bad eggs 

So after this party do they get 3 days off, a test and only then reintegrate with the squad? And to be honest, I have no idea if they are bad eggs or not, do you really? Or is it just ‘my club’ fandom that draws your conclusion?

• Like 2