Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Prince Philip Dies

RIP to his Royal Highness.  Almost feels like losing the nations grandfather in a way. :(

Best to flat out ignore the vile attention seeking pond life on social media with their hot edgy takes.  Today will be their Christmas's and birthdays all rolled in to one.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

His life spanned three generations and twenty Prime Ministers. One of the rapidly dwindling number who fought in the Second World War. 

A link to another Britain, tougher and harsher than ours perhaps,  but surely one that demands some respect. 

Sorry to see him go. 

Midshipman in the Royal Navy in WW2. Not exactly front of house but nonetheless, at peril. 

8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Is it bad that I'm more annoyed that I can't watch the Masterchef final now?

lol I'm kind of with you on this. I have radio shows that I always listen to on a Friday when I'm cooking as well as regular TV stuff as I wind down. 

He could've gone on Sunday when there's sod all on radio or TV. Inconsiderate.

RIP though. 

I wonder if Greece will be in mourning? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Is it bad that I'm more annoyed that I can't watch the Masterchef final now?

I remember how shocked everyone was to wake up and find that Princess Diana died, but by midday it was like, yes that's sad but can we have normal telly back now please

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I remember how shocked everyone was to wake up and find that Princess Diana died, but by midday it was like, yes that's sad but can we have normal telly back now please

They cancelled a Premier League match that day, nobody was sure why.

17 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

Source?

Google "did Prince Philip serve in WW2 and you'll find: The Independent:

With Britain at war in 1940, Philip joined the Royal Navy, serving as a midshipman on HMS Ramillies, and was posted to the Indian Ocean.

The Duke of Edinburgh was mentioned in despatches for his service during the Second World War. He was a midshipman aboard HMS Valiant off the southern coast of Greece when he earned his honourable citation

Edited by Parafox

14 minutes ago, Parafox said:

With Britain at war in 1940, Philip joined the Royal Navy, serving as a midshipman on HMS Ramillies, and was posted to the Indian Ocean.

The Duke of Edinburgh was mentioned in despatches for his service during the Second World War. He was a midshipman aboard HMS Valiant off the southern coast of Greece when he earned his honourable citation

Apparently he was in command of the searchlights and shone the light on the enemy...

Genuinely quite saddened by this. The man fought for our freedom and gave loyal service to the monarchy up until just before his final years.

People are embarrassing themselves on social media. A man of his accomplishments should be respected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know she's not dead and it's obviously not about her today, but it's interesting how social media is a cesspit (and I don't disagree) when someone dies, but when someone is still alive and they get hounded with abuse, hatred and vitriolic comments there's less of a clamour to avoid it. Not even just Meghan to be honest. Anyone, for that matter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Midshipman in the Royal Navy in WW2. Not exactly front of house but nonetheless, at peril. 

27 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Sorry, I was confused by the "midshipman" quote, probably because the war didn`t end in 1941....

6 hours ago, bovril said:

I was thinking that. Losing Elizabeth will be very traumatic for this country, I think even republicans respect her.

I think you’re right there.Will be a tough transition for the country and Royal family.I really don’t have any faith in Charlie boy and hope he just does a kind of caretaker role for a few years.If we have to have a monarchy then please give William and Kate a good run while they are still in their prime.

Guest bss9401
3 hours ago, String fellow said:

Kind of hoping PP had just told the lady on the left a dirty joke.

ppp.jpg

Nope. That's the exec boxes at Stamford Bridge in 2016 and Spurs have just gone 2-0 up..............................

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Seriously BBC?

Every channel?

We know. I now know more about Prince Phillip than I ever cared to. I'm not sure that watching it on identical, but separate, channels is trying to achieve. :dunno:

There'd be a meltdown if they *weren't* showing it on all channels, such is the society we live in nowadays.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

There'd be a meltdown if they *weren't* showing it on all channels, such is the society we live in nowadays.

I really don't think there would be. When the news broke at work, everyone was, yeah, it's sad, but expected.

I’m not a royalist and I don’t really like him at all but the social media “jokes” are embarrassing. It’s like “look I’m so left wing I’m laughing at a dead old man”. And I say that as a compete lefty twat. As I say, hate the monarchy and not a fan of Prince Philip but someone lost a husband today, a father, a grandfather, etc. To laugh at that is base and vile. I’d be a hypocrite if I went all over social media saying what a legend he was and how I’m sad but I’d never rejoice in someone’s death. Ever. My thoughts are with to those that knew and loved him. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I really don't think there would be. When the news broke at work, everyone was, yeah, it's sad, but expected.

Not sure your MailOnline news editors/outraged masses on Twitter/actual Government Ministers think that way sadly.