Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Every club showed a loss. Whelan stated, when the accounts were posted, that investment was still being made in the training ground and also in transfers (Justin etc). We were linked with players, even if it was a loan, just a couple months back in Jan yet you think we’d need to ditch Morgan because of his wage and the fact he doesn’t play regular? I’m not accountant but that doesn’t add up.

Also you can have a debate without sarcasm. No need for it.

For the record I actually said I consider the Club offering Contracts to non-essential staff and players may be off the Agenda due to the Covid-19 effect of the Club's Finances.  This money can be better spent for sure.  So that's it from me.

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison and Co

Maddison's a disgrace

Maddison's this, that and the other

Why is the whole narrative about him, even from our fans? Just sums up all the disparity that we accuse the media of being guilty of when they go after certain individuals and don't hold others to account to the same standards.

Maddison is no better or worse than the other 4, just because he is flamboyant and has a persona as someone who loves himself makes him an easy target even from our fans who you'd think might be less stereotypical than the rest. 

Wez needs to take the responsibility for this, for me his captaincy supersedes the others participation, I want a statement from him, an explanation/apology to the fans and club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison and Co

Maddison's a disgrace

Why is the whole narrative about him, even from our fans? Just sums up all the disparity that we accuse the media of being guilty of when they go after certain individuals and don't hold others to account to the same standards.

Maddison is no better or worse than the other 4, just because he is flamboyant and has a persona as someone who loves himself makes him an easy target even from our fans who you'd think might be less stereotypical than the rest. 

I think perhaps because it isn't the first time with him after his England publicity. After the adverse media reporting then, some people may have thought that he'd learnt a little bit of a lesson. Particularly when he was videoed telling us to follow guidelines and help the NHS. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison and Co

Maddison's a disgrace

Personally, I'm more pissed at Maddison than the others because of the impression he has portrayed of not giving a single fvck. 

Yes, I was pissed about them breaching covid restrictions and jeopardising a really important part of our season but I'm more pissed that after being reprimanded for it and missing the game as part of the consequence, he's off playing golf during the game. Then he is (reportedly) going to clubs in Coventry at midnight on the same day the story breaks and only hours before he's due back to training for the first time in a week. 

I'm not niave enough to believe all our players love our club like we do but I ATLEAST expect them to respect it and I not only think that his actions AFTER their escapades have shown a lack of respect but more so an active disrespect to us as fans, his team mates and his manager. 

That being said. What's done is done and I do feel that nothing that's not already been said can be said on the matter and would rather we drop it and get on with moving forward. Like I said, it's an important stage of the season and although I may feel he has been a bit of a knob, he and every other Leicester player should get our continued support to get them over the finish line. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison and Co

Maddison's a disgrace

Correct...

transfer list the lot of them

• Haha 4

Guest bennytwohats
16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Who is more consistent than him who plays in his position?  All of them are patchy in form - Mount, Maddison, Foden, Lingard etc

I think Grealish and Foden are the two who are more obviously ahead of him. Mount probably divides opinion, but seems to be in Southgates plans. However I think realistically we won’t take 3 or 4 in that position alone, we’ll have some combination of attacking players who can also play out wide, so a pack that also includes Sterling, Sancho, Rashford.

I can’t look at that list of players and say confidently that Maddison should be in ahead of them. I think the only one there is even a case to be made for Maddison is Mount, but I think you could argue either way for either of them. Whilst Maddison has been out of the England squad and injured/inconsistent for us, Mount has played 16 games and scored 4 for England. Why wouldn’t you go with his experience if you were Southgate? Only reason for me is if Maddison’s form was such that it was a no brainer, and until there is more between him and Mount that’s not the case.

I don’t think that was the case pre-party tbh.

Guest bennytwohats
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison and Co

Maddison's a disgrace

I think a lot of the chat has focussed around his international impact, which isn’t relevant for the others. I think people are a bit meh about Hamza, and to a slightly lesser extent Perez. Morgan and Barnes have rightly been spoken about more, particularly Morgan due to him being club captain, however when neither of them would have played anyway it’s a little less pertinent

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think perhaps because it isn't the first time with him after his England publicity. After the adverse media reporting then, some people may have thought that he'd learnt a little bit of a lesson. Particularly when he was videoed telling us to follow guidelines and help the NHS. 

He didn't do anything wrong with England, neither did he do anything wrong going to play golf. It was probably more ill advised this time as he'd actually done something wrong before hand. But the England stuff was nonsense. Most peoples option seemed to be, don't do that because some idiots and the press will go after you. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Has there been any remorse shown by any of the players?

They won't say anything without club approval, so if nothing has been said it's because the club want to keep a tight lid on things and not stir it up again prior to the semi-final. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rigga said:

What’s funny? I was being serious..

That action would shave many million off their price tags. Emotionally that decision might be valid but economically it's not and if we want to see the rainbow of success and ambition we have to put up with the rain.

• Like 1

The absolute worst time of our season 

A day or so after Soyuncu gets covid 

The club would have reiterated the need to respect the rules on that very day if the Man City game I imagine...

Let the club , Rodgers and the Fans down..

the bigger picture out of this could be BR leaving at the end of the season after being let down by members of the team..

Now that would hit us hard..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rigga said:

the bigger picture out of this could be BR leaving at the end of the season after being let down by members of the team..

Now that would hit us hard..

If Rodgers leaves it will be because he has better offers or thinks he can't push us any further than he already is. Not because a few players broke a rule, he's the manager, deal with it. Get rid of them if he wants to, but leaving because of it makes no sense. 

Just now, Babylon said:

If Rodgers leaves it will be because he has better offers or thinks he can't push us any further than he already is. Not because a few players broke a rule, he's the manager, deal with it. Get rid of them if he wants to, but leaving because of it makes no sense. 

Exactly, he's dealt with Suarez biting people and probably numerous appalling ill discipline. He is very ambitious and has probably 1 more shot at a mega club so he has to play it right and he needs to achieve something tangible here.

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They won't say anything without club approval, so if nothing has been said it's because the club want to keep a tight lid on things and not stir it up again prior to the semi-final. 

personally, I think that an apology would help everyone to focus on the semi final..

• Like 1