Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

3 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

Do you really think that’s it?

On merit I don’t think Maddison gets in the England squad even before this incident. He might disagree but at best he was on the fringes of the squad at his peak and he’s been injured a lot since then anyway.

Southgate has his flaws, and some decidedly dodgy picks, but I don’t think leaving Maddison out is a stick to beat him with.

I'm hacked off with Maddison over this incident but before this I can't see why he was only on the fringes of the squad. Despite missing about half the season his numbers are still significantly better than Mount's.

29 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If the police were involved and noticed they were in Perez's House in the pitch black, surely they were questioned and given a warning..

Let it go, Wymsey! :P

The England manager was speaking in the wake of James Maddison, who had hoped to be in his squad this summer but appears to have finally blown his chances, being one of three players dropped by Leicester City after attending a party during lockdown restrictions.

Southgate, who had expected to watch Maddison play in Sunday’s Premier League match away to West Ham United, praised Leicester for the way they dealt with the incident although he added that he did not want to “talk about specifics”.

However, there have been a number of off and on-field incidents that have affected the England squad in the past two years and which have annoyed Southgate. “In the end we’ve had issues ourselves in the autumn. That’s always very difficult for coaches to deal with. It puts you in really difficult positions,” he said referring to Ben Chilwell, Jadon Sancho and Tammy Abraham also flouting Covid guidelines. Before that Phil Foden and Mason Greenwood were sent home in September for meeting women in the England team hotel in Iceland. On the pitch, Kyle Walker and Harry Maguire were sent off as was Reece James.

47 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If the police were involved and noticed they were in Perez's House in the pitch black, surely they were questioned and given a warning..

.....if they knew who lived there, they would have wanted to sweep in under the carpet!!!

No point creating an issue, when they had shut the music down, they probably believed (the police) they made the right decision but the players (if the story is to be believed) had other ideas.

5 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I think they’ll keep Wes if he wants to stay. Too much good thrown to waste if he leaves or is dismissed. Maybe they thought they were in a sub bubble. Nevertheless it was daft behaviour all round. 

We fans adore Wes for obvious reasons.  But it’s time for clear eyes.

There’s been a long and widely reported contrast between his professional character and his personal character.  But it’s all character isn’t it?  He can still be appreciated as a great retired player.  But we can no longer say he has the character required for a coach or executive of a club where standards (and “face”) count.

Who do you think Kasper and Vardy would have been the most pissed off at?

• Like 2

I wonder if the rule breaking among the team ( maybe all prem teams ) is a bit more prevalent than we realise . 

Quite a few have been  caught so it would be no surprise if others have got away with it in the past . 

Maybe that's why Wes  felt he could do it and that players not involved would not be as mad as we think they'll be .

Edited by los dedos
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Among the things I can’t fathom is if you’re going to have a gathering, when it’s outlawed, why draw attention to yourself with loud music? 

I’m starting to understand the wider thought processes of the host (Perez), and believe me going from some of his play on the pitch he’s slow at the best of times*

* though before partygate he drastically improved and seemed almost worthy of a place in the starting 11

11 hours ago, KingsX said:

The club haven’t been paying him to play this year.  He has one job -- to set an example and to lead off the pitch.  He’s done the opposite.  Directly contravened his manager’s direction and brought others with him.  At the worst possible time.

This is a much worse look than for the junior players, because he has badly abused a position of trust.  He's pissed away the absolutely massive capital he's built up.  Thanks for all you’ve done, say your goodbyes to the staff.

**** me, give over.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I think they’ll keep Wes if he wants to stay. Too much good thrown to waste if he leaves or is dismissed. Maybe they thought they were in a sub bubble. Nevertheless it was daft behaviour all round. 

Keep him to do what exactly?  I would think that due to the new Covid-19 financial conditions effecting football, the Club retaining any non essential staff and players is much less likely than in previous years.  Even more so where an individual has in effect slapped the Club around the face and undermined the Manager.  

Any salary saved now can surely be put to much better use?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Keep him to do what exactly?  I would think that due to the new Covid-19 financial conditions effecting football, the Club retaining any non essential staff and players is much less likely than in previous years.  Even more so where an individual has in effect slapped the Club around the face and undermined the Manager.  

What we don't want to do is create a climate of bitterness that will be played out in the media. Wes has been one of the club's greatest servants and this is a misdemeanor not a crime. Can everybody just move on FFS. This did not cost us the match against West Ham by the way. We had a bad 60 minutes , it happens and it will happen again.

The Players have every right to be seething at Maddison and co, we are at the crunch end of the season, fighting for a top 4 place and those players do something as daft as that. One can party after the season is done.

To get in the good books Maddison and co need to step up and be counted on and do their talking on the pitch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

What we don't want to do is create a climate of bitterness that will be played out in the media. Wes has been one of the club's greatest servants and this is a misdemeanor not a crime. Can everybody just move on FFS. This did not cost us the match against West Ham by the way. We had a bad 60 minutes , it happens and it will happen again.

Agree totally with the first sentence. Just saying pointless keeping non-essential staff in these difficult Financial times.  BTW - I think is it may be a crime of sorts as why would the police attend the Perez residence ?  I might be missing something there. 

15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The club will still be making millions through the PL itself, TV deals, playing in the different competitions etc. If finances were hit so hard then why are players still being bought (not just here I mean throughout the league)?

If OP is implying Morgan will be retained as a coach, if Brendan wants that then it'll be done. We ain't gonna start losing potential coaches because of Covid. We're in the richest league in the World.

Everyone is going way over the top here.

Edited by Fox92

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The club will still be making millions through the PL itself, TV deals, playing in the different competitions etc. If finances were hit so hard then why are playing still being bought? 

If OP is implying Morgan will be retained as a coach, if Brendan wants that then it'll be done. We ain't gonna start losing potential coaches because of Covid. We're in the richest league in the World.

Really?  I read somewhere our Accounts were showing a huge loss.  Apologies.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The club will still be making millions through the PL itself, TV deals, playing in the different competitions etc. If finances were hit so hard then why are players still being bought (not just here I mean throughout the league)?

Although I do agree that we need to put this sorry saga to bed and start talking about actual football again, answer me this - IF we miss out on top 4, will this event factor into your thinking as a contributing factor?

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Really?  I read somewhere our Accounts were showing a huge loss.  Apologies.

Every club showed a loss. Whelan stated, when the accounts were posted, that investment was still being made in the training ground and also in transfers (Justin etc). We were linked with players, even if it was a loan, just a couple months back in Jan yet you think we’d need to ditch Morgan because of his wage and the fact he doesn’t play regular? I’m not accountant but that doesn’t add up.

Also you can have a debate without sarcasm. No need for it.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Although I do agree that we need to put this sorry saga to bed and start talking about actual football again, answer me this - IF we miss out on top 4, will this event factor into your thinking as a contributing factor?

No I do agree, I think people (some of our fans too) will point to it as a disrupting factor but what can we do now except move on? Fine them, move on, it’s all Rodgers can do really.

IF we do miss out on top 4, and I think we will, bigger questions would need to be pointed at those home games we did not win plus lack of depth in some areas.