Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham away post match 3-2

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Spot on. We have Albrighton as the only out and out winger. 

I suggested 4-4-2 or something similar. If 4-4-2 then I agree we have limited winger option, but there is Under (you never know ...) or the Malaysian-named youngster who was on the bench today. Or could try a similar formation that didn't demand wingers, such as 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2.

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

I suggested 4-4-2 or something similar. If 4-4-2 then I agree we have limited winger option, but there is Under (you never know ...) or the Malaysian-named youngster who was on the bench today. Or could try a similar formation that didn't demand wingers, such as 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2.

Ünder has been injured for weeks

• Like 1

I really like your team and the not too unpleasant things you say about West Ham which is my club.

I really hope that both my team and yours do well enough in the run in to wipe the smirk off Klopps mug, send Tuchel packing, and send lovely Spurs into a tailspin of anger, humiliation and despair.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jonesy9 said:

You lot seem so civilised.

Have you read the Fighting Cock forum?

It's like a convention of simpletons with Tourettes:D

Have we read the Fighting Cock? Is the sky blue?? 

lol 

Let’s face it u can’t win games when in the whole 1st half all we want to do was play back no interest in going forward , we go down 3-0 and come out in the second half and attack, we looked so much better , Rodgers has got to stop this shit playing backwards game plan or we will miss the top 4 again 

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
10 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree about West Ham. They're not impressive at all. Surely they'll revert to the mean at some point? 

It always baffles me when I read this kind of stuff from our fans, as it’s exactly the narrative other people used against us in our good seasons, and also has our fans up in arms.

You don’t get to be fourth at this stage of the season without having something about you, and look at what the expectations were for West Ham this season. They’re flying - give credit where it’s due

I actually think we are very fortunate to be one point behind you.

We have had some major close shaves ,seem to run out of steam in the last quarter and have benefitted from others mistakes ( see the 3-3 with spurs)

All in all, I do feel we are slightly punching above our weight.

Best wishes to Leicester 

• Like 1

Apart from getting the tactics wrong with to high a line in the 1st half I also think and it's not new that we set out to play nice football with little or no intensity and WHU were just gung ho with a get in their faces and get the ball forward as quick and as slick as possible.

The PL like most professional leagues where big money is at stake are nasty leagues. I'm not advocating we resort to that but to counteract it we need to be aggressive and intense in our play from the off. No more nice guy stuff.

46 minutes ago, jonesy9 said:

I actually think we are very fortunate to be one point behind you.

We have had some major close shaves ,seem to run out of steam in the last quarter and have benefitted from others mistakes ( see the 3-3 with spurs)

All in all, I do feel we are slightly punching above our weight.

Best wishes to Leicester 

I think there's no team in the PL right now with your team unity though. You remind me of us when we won it, there's quality amongst a team of players that all fit perfectly in to a system and there's momentum, belief and a desire and awareness of this opportunity being one that might not happen again and you want it. Fair play to you, if we don't make it I hope you do. 6 of your final 7 games are all winnable. 

• Like 1

Today I actually feel a bit sorry for them. Yes the first half was shocking, they looked shell shocked and tactics were wrong but maybe the party boys had disrupted the plans and tactics and it wasn't what was planned? They just seemed off and maybe now we know why. The fight in the second half was a little bit too late but they showed grit and determination and Albrighton was inspired! Kel was great too, loved the way when he scored he just grabbed the ball and got on with it wasting no time.  Onwards and upwards. Hopefully they can clear the air and sort out whatever is going on and come out fighting on Sunday! 

I think the fightback was important. Ok we still lost, but if their fourth goal had been given then I think we may have totally imploded to such a level that it would be hard to build that confidence back up. We at least have something to take into the week and build upon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

I think the fightback was important. Ok we still lost, but if their fourth goal had been given then I think we may have totally imploded to such a level that it would be hard to build that confidence back up. We at least have something to take into the week and build upon.

At 3 down the game was gone so it becomes a question of goal difference, not points.

This is probably the last fuch up we can get away with this season and goal difference could be critical in the end

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Yeah definitely, whilst the game was a massive downer come the end you are actually walking away disappointed it wasn't 3-3. That's very different to being on the end of an absolute battering. I'm hoping that and a week of flack from the press, fans, the manager and the club making it clear how disappointed we are in some players will actually give everyone a massive rocket up the arse. 

We have to come out of the traps quickly in the next game, set the tempo and mentality easy. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

Said at the start of this season I'd be surprised if we are able to field a "first choice XI" at any point this season. It's worse than that, we have pretty consistently had whole blocks of players unavailable through injuries and now players being punished for being twats. We managed brilliantly at the start of the season but that was only ever going to last so long and now it's coming home to roost. Three of our top 4 scorers are currently injured, in honking form or had been dropped as a punishment this weekend. 

It's just not sustainable. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Said at the start of this season I'd be surprised if we are able to field a "first choice XI" at any point this season. It's worse than that, we have pretty consistently had whole blocks of players unavailable through injuries and now players being punished for being twats. We managed brilliantly at the start of the season but that was only ever going to last so long and now it's coming home to roost. Three of our top 4 scorers are currently injured, in honking form or had been dropped as a punishment this weekend. 

But apparently Rodgers isn't doing that good a job. Considering the injuries, he's done a fantastic job so far. Room for improvement still in areas, of course. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But apparently Rodgers isn't doing that good a job. Considering the injuries, he's done a fantastic job so far. Room for improvement still in areas, of course. 

Yeah. Players that you'd usually think would be reserved for Cup games etc have throughout the course of the season been heavily involved. Mendy, Amartey even Thomas. We've done very well to have not dipped out the top 4 but I think we'll just come up short because like I say it's not sustainable for a club like us over the course of 38 games to have to patch up the starting 11 with squad players so regularly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I found myself getting annoyed yesterday that we couldn't beat West Ham without Antonio, Rice and Ogbonna...but then I realised we were without Maddison, Barnes, Perez, Justin and Soyuncu. Just goes to show how used to it we've become.

I just pray now that we can get most of those players back and firing for the next few weeks. If we can, and if the squad reacts well to the events of the last week, I can putting together a good run over the next few matches.

• Like 1

Just watched MOTD2 and the first  goal Im sure Kasper thought it was wide but curled in ,second one still  looks offside no matter how many times you replay players upper body is in well front but maybe a foot trailing behind from the defender and third goal again Kasper is rooted (I know it was close range).We had a couple of penalty shouts the ricardo one keeper just gets a faint touch on the ball but still brings him down when he may have got to the ball.This 'he got the ball first' thing stinks but seems to be accepted.