Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham away post match 3-2

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Apart from getting the tactics wrong with to high a line in the 1st half I also think and it's not new that we set out to play nice football with little or no intensity and WHU were just gung ho with a get in their faces and get the ball forward as quick and as slick as possible.

The PL like most professional leagues where big money is at stake are nasty leagues. I'm not advocating we resort to that but to counteract it we need to be aggressive and intense in our play from the off. No more nice guy stuff.

...it was a difficult one to gauge!!!

Playing a high line against pacey forwards is asking for trouble, sitting deep would have been the right move but as we have no outlet to counter,  due to our personnel.

With five at the back our wide Centre Backs become exposed as the Wing Backs push forward, we only look solid when we are in deep block playing on the counter. 

5 hours ago, jonesy9 said:

I actually think we are very fortunate to be one point behind you.

We have had some major close shaves ,seem to run out of steam in the last quarter and have benefitted from others mistakes ( see the 3-3 with spurs)

All in all, I do feel we are slightly punching above our weight.

Best wishes to Leicester 

You have a decent team who are playing for each other, but lack some quality.

I've been an admirer of Moyes since his Everton days and your lucky to have him. He was badly shafted by Utd which seemed to knock his confidence.

He's back now to his best and I'm certain he'll continue to move your Club forward. If he's allowed finish the job.

Our team as good as it is is slightly unbalanced, Which is why we lose games when we're not really on it.

I hope we both manage to make top 4 but I feel one of us will miss out.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Playing a high line against pacey forwards is asking for trouble, sitting deep would have been the right move but as we have no outlet to counter,  due to our personnel.

With five at the back our wide Centre Backs become exposed as the Wing Backs push forward, we only look solid when we are in deep block playing on the counter. 

It wasn't so much sitting deep more about sitting a bit deeper certainly until we'd got into the groove and establish a proper hold on the game. 

• Like 1

Now that the dust has settled, I'm even more annoyed at the performance. 

The players exclusion is an easy excuse, but they were bombed on Tuesday and were training on their own all week so the team had the whole week to prepare without them! 

How can we go into our biggest game of the season and look so disinterested, be so flat and play with no intensity, especially after a full weeks rest. 

The defending for the goals is comical, how can we have 3 centre backs and concede a goal where 2 players just go walking clean through, especially as we got done with a similar over the top ball in the reverse fixture! 

• Like 1

There is starting games badly and playing badly and then there’s that display. I hope the whole team had to watch that on the giant HD projection screen in training today. Hope they all are shocked at seeing themselves look that bad in the 1st half. If they are not fired up after seeing their fight back to show some hope going into the weekend. They have to perform in the FA cup match Or just give up. The oweness is on them to prove they are the real deal. We fans expect nothing less from them. No verbal apologies just flippin go win a game!

18 hours ago, Ricey said:

I was surprised by Praet today. Didn’t really press, slowed everything down when he was on the ball and just generally looked frustrated.

Mind you I was surprised with most of them today. I expected them to be fired up but instead we looked disinterested and seriously lacking in confidence. The fight back was partially instigated by Albrighton and partially due to West Ham retreating.

I can never work Praet out

Don’t know if he’s actually very good or not much good at all

One of those really non-descript players who really can shine or go missing in equal measure 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I can never work Praet out

Don’t know if he’s actually very good or not much good at all

One of those really non-descript players who really can shine or go missing in equal measure 

He's been a poor buy, I just don't see what he offers. He's not Physical no pace and no height either. We always seem to be a man down when he plays.

I hope he's off in the Summer and we get in someone like Soucek from WH. A very good all rounder.

What is really interesting about West Ham is that they are one of the few sides that do not Fvck about trying to play it out from the back. This makes pressing them more difficult and , compresses the mid-field.  I am no tactician but may be this is why we were all out of position for two of their goal? Moyes is no mug.  Perhaps Rogers set the team up wrong ? - not excusing the inept parts we played out during the first 70 minutes.

54 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

What is really interesting about West Ham is that they are one of the few sides that do not Fvck about trying to play it out from the back. This makes pressing them more difficult and , compresses the mid-field.  I am no tactician but may be this is why we were all out of position for two of their goal? Moyes is no mug.  Perhaps Rogers set the team up wrong ? - not excusing the inept parts we played out during the first 70 minutes.

Yet we scored our first as a result of them playing out from the back :D

It is embarassing to be done by 2 long balls though, very similar to what we did to Man City earlier in the season. I'm surprised more teams don't do it against teams that push right up.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

The players exclusion is an easy excuse, but they were bombed on Tuesday and were training on their own all week so the team had the whole week to prepare without them! 

How can we go into our biggest game of the season and look so disinterested, be so flat and play with no intensity, especially after a full weeks rest. 

The defending for the goals is comical, how can we have 3 centre backs and concede a goal where 2 players just go walking clean through, especially as we got done with a similar over the top ball in the reverse fixture! 

I think 5 at the back is more to do with attitube, the wing backs have to attack more and I think Fofana has been told to bring the ball out so we get caught pushing forward, then 3 Cb's seem to get in each others way, no single one knows exactly his job or whats required at a given time, a 2 cb pairing seeems more organised with better communication. It might be that your less committed if you think there are 2 other centre backs to cover you. WE seem to get caught out a hell of a lot although when Soyuncu is one of the 3 his pace has got us off the hook a few times.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Heard a West Ham fan on TalkSport this morning saying exactly that. He was a good caller tbf

He was making out that West Ham aren’t easy to play against because they do mix it up. 
Player wise, they’ve got some pace and lots of bigger, stronger lads

Tactics wise, they are pretty direct. They don’t piss about much at the back

Moyes has done really well there. He’s taken frankly a bunch of misfits and gelled them into a side where every player knows what they are doing.

This was the biggest contrast in Sunday’s game imo. We didn’t have a clue what we were doing. Rodgers has been immense for LCFC but there are definitely games where he is tactically outclassed. No doubt about it 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2021 at 13:37, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Yeah when you lose 2 attacking players and lose 3-2, how either of those players may helped defensively is beyond me, an Choudary wouldn't of played anyway. Had we lost 1-0 or 2-0 blaming the absentees, may of carried a little weight. 

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

West Ham basically play a similar style to Burnley. Deep block, long balls and aim to win second balls and free kicks around the box. They have more pace up front than Burnley so they are way more dangerous and can create real problems on the counter. They're also a huge side physically which explains why they have scored 16 off set pieces and only conceded 1 or 2 off them. It's not sophisticated football in any sense but it works very effectively with the players they have.

Good analysis and spot on 

18 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

West Ham basically play a similar style to Burnley. Deep block, long balls and aim to win second balls and free kicks around the box. They have more pace up front than Burnley so they are way more dangerous and can create real problems on the counter. They're also a huge side physically which explains why they have scored 16 off set pieces and only conceded 1 or 2 off them. It's not sophisticated football in any sense but it works very effectively with the players they have.

It's not the West Ham way though is it? (the Academy and all that). Imagine all of the media crap that would come our way if we played that style. 

50 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

still cant believe Ricardo didnt go down

Still can't believe he didn't shoot in the one on one he had with Fabianski. It feels like he hasn't got the autonomy to his play right now that comes with quality players in the zone. It's taking him some time to come back to his best.

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still can't believe he didn't shoot in the one on one he had with Fabianski. It feels like he hasn't got the autonomy to his play right now that comes with quality players in the zone. It's taking him some time to come back to his best.

....he seems to be a bit frustrated with himself, at the moment!!!

I feel he has this inbuilt extra gear he has always called on to get himself out of trouble or to win a battle and pull away to gain the couple of yards when he wants. You see him asking for the extra, his leg speed in respect of turn over is visible but the speed just does not come to him and that frustrates him no end. The thought is now, "will I ever get it back", and I suspect, that he believed he would have got this back by now.

Very much like Caglar likes to take the ball and do the mini Cruyff move and as soon as he has done it, it settles him and builds a confidence almost like a security blanket. Like both these players these are things they would have done probably before their teens and is integral to their game, if it is not there then their confidence drops and self doubt becomes a bigger part of their game that it should be.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Man i'd forgotten about that. Really hope he gets back to 2019 form as he was unplayable. 

On 12/04/2021 at 13:25, sacreblueits442 said:

I wonder if Brendan can pick up some tips from our Forum Tacticians? :whistle: