Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham away post match 3-2

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got what we deserved, you can't play like that for two thirds of the game and expect to get a thing.

I think on that showing, neither finish in the top four.

We've put pressure on ourselves again, and West Ham's game management is terrible, you can't sustain anything from shitting yourself at 3-0 up every time.

I think the next four of West Brom, Palace, Southampton and Newcastle - it has to be 12 points.

Agree on this. You just know Liverpool and Chelsea will sneak in on the last day and all will be rosy at Premier League HQ once again. 

Just now, Hammo said:

It’s got to the point where Vardy is in the team on reputation alone.

Our greatest ever striker has gone missing for far too long. He hasn’t had a good game since Spurs away. If we end up this season outside the top four, his horrendous form slump will undoubtedly be one of the main reasons.

Sad but true.

Whilst his form is shocking and he looks well off the pace, if you watch that 2nd half and see how much better we were when 4 atb will show you the reason we always fail when things get tough.

BR sets up to not lose and that makes us lose. I said before the game that West Ham’s weakness is at the back but we set up first half with 5 atb with bloody Amarty in there and allowed them to press us.

They had no power house Rice and no big CF up top in Antonio and yet we set up like that, it’s absolutely shocking by BR.

This is the reason he flops every time in the big moments because he sh*ts the bed and is too scared to lose by going for it and would rather lose by trying to knick a 1-0.

I predicted a draw , so in my mind we dropped a point but its worse because the Hammers are rivals.We are much, much better than that first half of course. The idiots should be fined ,publically humiliated and then we move on in strength. The defence had a bad day but it happens. I am pretty sure we can sort that out quickly.

11 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Are we just going to ignore how shit Evans was today and the mistake from Kasper for the first? 

Ndidi wasn't up to his usual standard either tbh. 

Evans was poor today. I don't think we have a mentality issue generally but Evans is the player that concerns me the most, his form dropped off the previous season around this time. And he lost his head I recall a couple of times in the run-in, notably in the sending off vs Man Utd. 

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Our second half performance gives me some hope

This is what we have to use....to Finish our run in...

Slap wrists & some balling out...

We are too often, guilty of being too passive....

Like it or not...We Need the Naughty Boy Maddison back..for the run in...

One positive...Maddison will have had an extra week to recuperate....

I cant Think of  any other First  (12) team than the following for the Run in...Maybe Tweeks with RicardoAlbrighton/Castagna and the General formation..

Schmeichel..

Fofana.    Evans... Cags/Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans.    

Castagna  /       Albrighton.  /          Ricardo

Maddison

Nacho.     Vardy

We probably have to win at least 1 of our last 3 games now. Had we done the job today then won the next 5 games (difficult I know but all are against bottom half sides) we would probably have been safely in the top 4 before those horrible last 3 games. But now we’ve made sure of an uncomfortable finish, again. 

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hammo said:

It’s got to the point where Vardy is in the team on reputation alone.

Our greatest ever striker has gone missing for far too long. He hasn’t had a good game since Spurs away. If we end up this season outside the top four, his horrendous form slump will undoubtedly be one of the main reasons.

Sad but true.

During his early part of his goal drought Vardy was at least contributing with his movement and link up but that's pretty much dried up as well. If it's still because of his operation and hip maybe it would have been better to bench him for a while. Bring him on later in a game.

It's been clear for a while that we need to think about buying somebody to provide options up top.

Bullied at home by West Ham. Bullied away to West Ham for 65mins by which point the damage was done. No complaints.

Rodgers was right to change shape but we conceded a stupid goal straight away which is really, really poor. Albrighton was superb when he came on. Two tidy finishes from Nacho which reduced the goal difference deficit which could help us longer term. Was crossing everything for an equaliser at the end there. I was pleased we made a fist of it in the end and didn't go out like a limp dick, but you can't start turning up at 3-0 down. Avoiding defeat today would have been huge. Opportunity missed.

• Like 1

At times, especially in the 1st half, it looked like our players had never played on a surface like it. 

Dreadful 1st touches and weight of pass was just the same. 

I'm glad I criticised Nacho after their 3rd as he did really well after that. 

Was terrified that Wilf was going to get a second yellow (which he nearly did) and miss the semi next weekend. 

After a decent rest after Man City, we weren't up for it today and left ourselves a mountain to climb against a top 4 rival. 

Still in our hands, but really must start much quicker or we really will balls it up again😕 

Lingard’s post match comments illustrate what we appear to be lacking 

"It is great. We are in something to fight for. Games are like cup finals. We grind out the wins and take the points home. The lads battle on. There is a big belief in the team. We take each game as it comes, step by step for top four. It would be a brilliant achievement

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

During his early part of his goal drought Vardy was at least contributing with his movement and link up but that's pretty much dried up as well. If it's still because of his operation and hip maybe it would have been better to bench him for a while. Bring him on later in a game.

It's been clear for a while that we need to think about buying somebody to provide options up top.

I don’t think anybody could have foreseen just how peripheral and unthreatening a figure he would become in such a short space of time. His touch, movement, hunger, eye for a goal - it’s all gone. Bloody heartbreaking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

This is what we have to use....to Finish our run in...

Slap wrists & some balling out...

We are too often, guilty of being too passive....

Like it or not...We Need the Naughty Boy Maddison back..for the run in...

One positive...Maddison will have had an extra week to recuperate....

I cant Think of  any other First  (12) team than the following for the Run in...Maybe Tweeks with RicardoAlbrighton/Castagna and the General formation..

Schmeichel..

Fofana.    Evans... Cags/Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans.    

Castagna  /       Albrighton.  /          Ricardo

Maddison

Nacho.     Vardy

You want to put Ricardo on the Left Wing? I'm confused. Personally I'd stick Ricardo and Albrighton permanently (unless injured) on the Right.

15 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Agree on this. You just know Liverpool and Chelsea will sneak in on the last day and all will be rosy at Premier League HQ once again. 

If we want top 4, we may need to overhaul United.

Out of the sides vying for the remaining spots, I think they’re the ones likely to drop the most points.

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

I don’t think anybody could have foreseen just how peripheral and unthreatening a figure he would become in such a short space of time. His touch, movement, hunger, eye for a goal - it’s all gone. Bloody heartbreaking.

He doesn't even hound the defense like he used to. So often in this game their defenders just casually played the ball away from him. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

"It is great. We are in something to fight for. Games are like cup finals. We grind out the wins and take the points home. The lads battle on. There is a big belief in the team. We take each game as it comes, step by step for top four. It would be a brilliant achievement

And he's only on loan! Imagine Under saying that for us lol

No surprise that when we went to a back 4 we scored 2 and looked much more of a threat going forwards. 

The 3cb system really has to go, it doesn’t work often enough with the style of play the team has adopted to be a viable option. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

People asking why Ricardo didn't go down when he was fouled in the box at the end - he was on a booking, from the first half that had been given for fook all (standard Mike Dean), and had seen a good penalty shout completely ignored a few minutes earlier, looking at the replays seemed like Fabianski got very little on the ball if anything at all. He goes down and Dean would have just sent him off.

Pissed off at our ineptitude to go 3 down, even when we were better in the second half the formation was bizarre, Castagne, Ricardo and Albrighton all seemed to be down the right, with Fofana a sort of left back and Luke Thomas as some kind of Left winger. Pleased with our attempts at a comeback. Shame we couldn't have had a couple of penalties, but hey, fouls are only fouls if its someone breathing in the general vicinity of Jarrod Bowen, not for Vardy getting elbowed by Dawson or Fabianski taking out Ricardo.

Yes, what was that formation at the end? Couldn’t work it out. I’d be interested in @StriderHiryu’s view.

5 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I've been saying this for awhile. I hope our team doesn't have the same mentality as some of us on here. We sound like we're more scared of dropping down the table than having a desire to still climb the table. Not seeing second spot in the league (what was only a point away) as our focus and goal felt mad to me. Hoping ManU won games because we want top 4 is all wrong (on many levels lol).  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

No surprise that when we went to a back 4 we scored 2 and looked much more of a threat going forwards. 

The 3cb system really has to go, it doesn’t work often enough with the style of play the team has adopted to be a viable option. 

We are allowed more than one formation you know? 3/5atb does have value as proven this season already, will admit 4atb feels more natural to us though

The good news is you could imagine our confidence would be totally shot if that 4th goal stood and we went on to lose 5, 6 or 7 zip. That was a strong possibility considering we started the 2nd half chasing a 0-2 scoreline and looked even worse! That momentum of "winning" the 2nd half 2-1, nearly snatching a point may well give us a bit of a belief, or at least enough to see us beat Southampton.

My main gripe about today is that we didnt look angry at each other when we had no energy. Wilf pitter patter challenges for starters *he must have been hammered at half time as he was steaming in early in the 2nd half and was lucky not to be sent off), the organisation and aggression just wasnt there from the defence. At no stage did I get the feeling we were up for this.

We can all speculate whether the team are shell shocked from the Man City battering (our worst performance of the season IMO), the amount of games this season finally catching up on us or even the dramatic events of those left out today threw the team but lets hope all that hard work of coping with more key injuries than most, all the great performances and current cup run don't all go to pot.