Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham away post match 3-2

Fofana looks terrible playing on the left of the 3 cbs, what he was doing for the 2nd goal I do not know !

I normally like Dennis but he was shocking today. So slow on the ball and just didn’t get involved at all.

Amartey is just bad. How a professional footballer struggles to control and a pass a football is staggering.

Iheanacho was poor for 70 mins, everything bouncing off him, summed up for their 3rd goal. The 2 goals at the end saves him serious criticism.

Vardy has to do more. The worry now is that he isn’t even looking like scoring.

Castagne can’t put a decent ball in the box and can’t play on the left

Ricardo is a yard short of what he used to be.

Apart from that, can’t complain

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

If we want top 4, we may need to overhaul United.

Out of the sides vying for the remaining spots, I think they’re the ones likely to drop the most points.

We won't overhaul United, they'll easily finished second, especially as the games remaining are Chelsea vs. WHU and us vs. Chelsea, teams are guaranteed to drop points.

3 wins from 7 will probably be enough for them to be 2nd, especially with their GD.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Gonna sound like a bitter fan but we had 3 attempts on goal and then they scored with their first shot on target. 
We just didn’t defend well. It sounds simple but if we did we’d of got at least a draw out of that game. 
If I was a Liverpool or Chelsea fan I’d be very confident of getting top 4 with how us and West Ham look. 

Thats the game though.  Didn't bother us with all the good fortune we had in 2015-16.

Hats off to WHU. A cruel day all round for us but I'd much prefer them in CL than Liverpool or Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Fofana looks terrible playing on the left of the 3 cbs, what he was doing for the 2nd goal I do not know !

I normally like Dennis but he was shocking today. So slow on the ball and just didn’t get involved at all.

Amartey is just bad. How a professional footballer struggles to control and a pass a football is staggering.

Iheanacho was poor for 70 mins, everything bouncing off him, summed up for their 3rd goal. The 2 goals at the end saves him serious criticism.

We’ve had longer lists in the past!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Last seasons capitulation will never be forgotten by our fans until we win something and/or get top 4 and I fear that will be our downfall.

Very much this!

Fans' inability to leave that in the past will always cloud their judgement for when we hit a bit of a rough spot (if that's what this even is right now). Lost to the Champions-elect and a seriously in-form West Ham side and suddenly we've fvcked top 4 (despite still being in it) and season is over (despite still having a chance at some silverware). I can forgive some emotions for being part of matchday drama but people linger on to the negatives for far too long after it happens.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Even you surely must accept they were the better team. They were better disciplined, more clinical and more tactically astute. And this was without their two best players.

You’re becoming an Ostrich Bertie boy! Not for the first time either

For the first half I’ll give you that. 

12 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Is it just me who thought he was fine for the second goal, Bowen was a yard behind him, there's no way he could have known that evans was playing him onside, if Evans does his job and steps up then it's an easy offside call.

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Is it just me who thought he was fine for the second goal, Bowen was a yard behind him, there's no way he could have known that evans was playing him onside, if Evans does his job and steps up then it's an easy offside call.

He has to know Bowen is there, just drop a yard and he heads it clear. Why he is making that step forward I don’t know, almost like he is anticipating a shorter ball. Evans as a last resort then tries to play offside, but he was Fofanas man. He didn’t sniff the danger of Bowen on his shoulder

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Rogers moaning about how passive we were and not starting aggressive enough....again.

So what's going on then, is it the players who aren't listening to him or is he just saying it after the fact seeing how obvious it is that we are more times than not woeful from the off

Puel said it over and over again as well. 

Starting to wonder if it is low tempo "pass pass pass" training and the players can't snap the **** out of it. 

• Like 1

A draw would have been a fair result, expected goals suggests 1-1. Both sides had a shocking 20 or so mins, while the rest of the game was fairly even.

West Ham were clinical today, and Lingard is in a rare run of form. 

They're not particularly convincing, reminds me a bit of Tottenham's start to the season where their results were much better than their performances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

My main gripe (amongst many), is that this team is so susceptible to just making basic errors which is our main undoing.  Maybe it's more noticeable because it's our team, but I don't see many other teams being as sloppy as often as us. We are really good to watch at times, but the amount of poor passes, bad clearances, amateur defending (2nd goal), inept set-pieces seems to off-set any genuine concerns we have with personnel, formation or tactics.

Having said that, we're playing a system to facilitate two at the top which was based, rightly, on Kel's form.  Forgetting the errors which are dogging us, Brendan needs to make his mind up on strikers, as he's assembled a squad and constantly played 4231 (or similar) and needs to stick to his guns on that.  This isn't a "drop Vardy" due to his form, but we really need to stick to a formation which has worked for most of the season and not muck that out by avoiding what is an extremely hard decision.  Specifically by hard, I mean the scrutiny he'll receive from not selecting Vardy as if you're going for a single striker, there's only one close to being chosen on current form.

Lastly the Maddison, Perez and Choudhury situation is irritating for so many reasons.  We want our best squad for the run-in and as many personnel to select from where possible.  The other issue is that this must cause some degree of animosity within the squad.  We don't know the result that would have occurred if we had the choice of those three, but people will ponder.   There's a lot of desire to qualify for the Champions League from the prestige of playing at that level, to the inevitable financial incentives.  If there was a similar situation in my, or anyone's, profession where a colleague had potentially harmed a rare opportunity and pay packet, I'd not be best pleased with them and would have a detrimental affect.  This is still in our hands, but it's not going to be easy.

....Nacho cannot play the lone strikers role...if you had to play with one upfront it would have to be Vardy!!!

It is a dilemma, Nacho is scoring but cannot be upfront on his own and Vardy is on a barren run but is the only striker we have who can play as the lone striker.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Nacho cannot play the lone strikers role...if you had to play with one upfront it would have to be Vardy!!!

It is a dilemma, Nacho is scoring but cannot be upfront on his own and Vardy is on a barren run but is the only striker we have who can play as the lone striker.

Folks just regurgitate whatever they hear. Put Maddison or Barnes close to him and he’ll still be alright. Truth is Vardy is off form, play him alone and it will come back to bite us. Not even making the runs, he makes in his sleep. Not in form.  

Edited by Okeyanthony

16 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

A draw would have been a fair result, expected goals suggests 1-1. Both sides had a shocking 20 or so mins, while the rest of the game was fairly even.

West Ham were clinical today, and Lingard is in a rare run of form. 

They're not particularly convincing, reminds me a bit of Tottenham's start to the season where their results were much better than their performances. 

As per, people look at the score and not the game. 

We.looked the slightly more controlled and composed until Lingard's unusual opener.

Two rare pieces of poor play either side of half time adm we were done for. We looked rattled for another 10. Before realising we really are good enough to outplay anyone when we up our game. 

Lesson for the players. Keep your heads..we are too good to need to lose.our cool. We can worry any team with sustained pressure, no matter the score 

• Like 1

Let’s be honest, it’s been an absolute disastrous couple of weeks since the international break. 

Soyuncu getting COVID whilst away playing unnecessary international games

Just rolling over for Man City and not even laying a glove on them 

Disastrous 60 minutes today

Missing players due to COVID rule braking 

Our top 4 rivals picking up plenty of points (Spurs excluded) 

Amazing how quickly the tide can change because I was absolutely buzzing heading into the international break after beating Man U! 

1 minute ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Amazing how quickly the tide can change because I was absolutely buzzing heading into the international break after beating Man U! 

and it could change again should we win our next 4, regardless of what any other side does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Let’s be honest, it’s been an absolute disastrous couple of weeks since the international break. 

Soyuncu getting COVID whilst away playing unnecessary international games

Just rolling over for Man City and not even laying a glove on them 

Disastrous 60 minutes today

Missing players due to COVID rule braking 

Our top 4 rivals picking up plenty of points (Spurs excluded) 

This is Leicester City. Since when have we done things the easy way?

Just now, StanSP said:

and it could change again should we win our next 4, regardless of what any other side does.

That’s what I’m clinging onto, these next 4 are massive. 

There’s still going to be plenty of twists and turns, West Ham v Chelsea in a couple of weeks will be huge! It’s Liverpool’s run in that actually worries me the most though. 

In a weird way I hope this can galvanise the squad and the others can come back with a rocket up their arse with a point to prove 

4 hours ago, Hammo said:

It’s got to the point where Vardy is in the team on reputation alone.

Our greatest ever striker has gone missing for far too long. He hasn’t had a good game since Spurs away. If we end up this season outside the top four, his horrendous form slump will undoubtedly be one of the main reasons.

Sad but true.

I really think he should be dropped.  He's providing nothing, and has even started mis-timing his runs and getting caught offside.  He's really not on it at all.

10 minutes ago, Okeyanthony said:

Folks just regurgitate whatever they hear. Put Maddison or Barnes close to him and he’ll still be alright. Truth is Vardy is off form, play him alone and it will come back to bite us. Not even making the runs, he makes in his sleep. Not in form.  

....Nacho drops, Maddison or Barnes are not naturally going ahead of him!!!

He can not play the lone strikers role, it has been evident for a long time.