Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham away post match 3-2

I am absolutely gutted we lost that one. Shouting at the telly is not good for my stress levels. Why oh why do we start so slowly and not step up early on. I'd love to see the stats of our first half vs second half performance 

42 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

We’re a bit soft, aren’t we? Great when everyone is on it but physically and psychologically we lack fight when things aren’t going our way. I was getting annoyed at us taking slow throw ins and a complete car crash of a “clever” corner that took forever to set up (instantly lost possession and Riccy got booked) shortly after their first goal. Not good body language seeing what’s at stake and how important that game was. 

Doesn’t help with the captain being 60 yards away from where the captain needs to be, throwing fuchs into everyone.

I see a lack of leadership on the field - there’s nothing there to bring things back with pace, desire and aggression when the wheels are falling off. It’s all a bit precarious and delicate. I’m pretty sure BR has a “stick at it, keep doing what you’re doing” thing going on but there’s an element missing that would take us to the next level in my opinion.

I don't recall things going particularly our way vs Liverpool or Burnley or Brighton in the last few months, or when Man Utd got back to 1-1 in the QF and took the wind out of our sails all of which we dug in and got results. 

Last seasons capitulation will never be forgotten by our fans until we win something and/or get top 4 and I fear that will be our downfall.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

We probably have to win at least 1 of our last 3 games now. Had we done the job today then won the next 5 games (difficult I know but all are against bottom half sides) we would probably have been safely in the top 4 before those horrible last 3 games. But now we’ve made sure of an uncomfortable finish, again. 

With an injury strewn season, no real pause or Time to recuperate,put Quality players still Not quite Match fit, no chance of Finding Ayy balanced Rythme as

individuals or team...I still Think we are doing ok..

Looking to gain Advantage in the end run to our season, Just aint going to be handed to us..

The season is 38 games long..Plus any cup run...we were Never going to be in a Position to even Dream those last 3 games were not going to count...

This is the reason we EFL fans Stick our necks out &  debate Why it is the hardest, mentality tiring League in the world...Why only last season we lost

out ( But for me didn t fail) on 3-4 placing...in the very last game....

2 games with W.ham this season  to be fair,  played better than is in the important moments...If we had Really had reached that strong descisive" killer-routine"

we would have snatched a point today....

I though Disapointed even frustrated with this & other results through the season, still believe with the circumstances we have had to face, have had /having 2 Good Quality seasons, no matter how some Drama queens from the Media and withinside our own fan base are Reporting/depicting our Challenges for

Champions-league... 5 clubs with far bigger better squads than ourselves, Another 3-5 our equal, Non who missed for long periods Not 1-3 But 4-6 of their

high Quality players vor long periods...which for us for  the very  First Time (outside our title year) we have found ourselves with the players to even  compete & challenge for those covetted Top 4 CL-placings....

I wont take the sour-grapes route....WHam, for both games were better than us, Or better said ,took and used their well created chances....

Today in the last 20 minutes or so, we excitingly nearly turned it around...

like every week until any games or seasons are finished, I believe we will ( Not should) come out on top & Take steps towards progessing at some level...

Amazes me Now even our own fans, Conveniently forget the Chronic injury  problems we have had Now for the last 12 months..Not a 2-3 period where we have had at least our top players available..also easy forgetting featuring players Need Time to resettle...then Bam, they get hit again...!!

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

You want to put Ricardo on the Left Wing? I'm confused. Personally I'd stick Ricardo and Albrighton permanently (unless injured) on the Right.

Read What I said...Tweeks with Ricardo/Albrighton/Castagna...and General formation/Set up.!!

i just in principal listed their names to Show my Choice of First choice starters....(11-13)...

Plus we Dont yet know the situation with Cags...

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

Dawson looked right at him, changed direction and clocked him on the side of the head.

It should have been a penalty and a red card.

Not that we can have any complaints with the refereeing overall, how Ndidi stayed on is absolutely beyond me.

Has anyone got a replay of the elbow? 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we need more left footers in the team ! When you have the left sided cb right footed, the left back/wing back right footed and the left winger (Barnes) right footed, it doesn’t half limit your passing options and becomes so predictable coming back inside all the time. 

When Thomas came on, a few times he got it out his feet and whipped it down the line. Just think a team in general has better balance when it has at least one left footer on the left !

• Like 1

Sad thing is we could and probably should’ve won that game. Without sounding like Jermaine Jeans. 

Had the better of possession, chances, played the better football. They simply took their few chances but that’s all that matters in this game. 

• Like 3

Having calmed down a bit...

1. I genuinely don’t think West Ham deserved to win the game over the 90

2. We need to ditch three at the back

3. It’s no good that our furthest-forward wide players are essentially full-backs; we need more width further forward 

4. It is disappointing we left it so late but I think we can take heart from our comeback in the 2nd half 

5. We will be a better team with Soyuncu and Maddison 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Sad thing is we could and probably should’ve won that game. Without sounding like Jermaine Jeans. 

Had the better of possession, chances, played the better football. They simply took their few chances but that’s all that matters in this game. 

You sound exactly like Jermaine Jenas

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

This is what I mean. Defensive shambles against them again, reminiscent of the first game. We’ve handing these pricks 6pts this season, I just hope it don’t bite us in the ass come the end!

Defensive shambles is right. Defensively in that first half we were all over the place. The surprise was we only went in 2 down 

This is a very important issue. It must be addressed and quickly 

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

My main gripe (amongst many), is that this team is so susceptible to just making basic errors which is our main undoing.  Maybe it's more noticeable because it's our team, but I don't see many other teams being as sloppy as often as us. We are really good to watch at times, but the amount of poor passes, bad clearances, amateur defending (2nd goal), inept set-pieces seems to off-set any genuine concerns we have with personnel, formation or tactics.

Having said that, we're playing a system to facilitate two at the top which was based, rightly, on Kel's form.  Forgetting the errors which are dogging us, Brendan needs to make his mind up on strikers, as he's assembled a squad and constantly played 4231 (or similar) and needs to stick to his guns on that.  This isn't a "drop Vardy" due to his form, but we really need to stick to a formation which has worked for most of the season and not muck that out by avoiding what is an extremely hard decision.  Specifically by hard, I mean the scrutiny he'll receive from not selecting Vardy as if you're going for a single striker, there's only one close to being chosen on current form.

Lastly the Maddison, Perez and Choudhury situation is irritating for so many reasons.  We want our best squad for the run-in and as many personnel to select from where possible.  The other issue is that this must cause some degree of animosity within the squad.  We don't know the result that would have occurred if we had the choice of those three, but people will ponder.   There's a lot of desire to qualify for the Champions League from the prestige of playing at that level, to the inevitable financial incentives.  If there was a similar situation in my, or anyone's, profession where a colleague had potentially harmed a rare opportunity and pay packet, I'd not be best pleased with them and would have a detrimental affect.  This is still in our hands, but it's not going to be easy.

Edited by Zear0
typo

Gonna sound like a bitter fan but we had 3 attempts on goal and then they scored with their first shot on target. 
We just didn’t defend well. It sounds simple but if we did we’d of got at least a draw out of that game. 
If I was a Liverpool or Chelsea fan I’d be very confident of getting top 4 with how us and West Ham look. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't recall things going particularly our way vs Liverpool or Burnley or Brighton in the last few months, or when Man Utd got back to 1-1 in the QF and took the wind out of our sails all of which we dug in and got results. 

Last seasons capitulation will never be forgotten by our fans until we win something and/or get top 4 and I fear that will be our downfall.

I'm sure they posted a table during the match where we're second at coming from behind to secure points. Last season capitulation is somehow a mark of who we are, it's just weird to me. The annoying thing is fans will be fans, most of us are mentally irrational half the time, Nacho is our best goal scorer at the moment and yet in the match-thread somebody is demanding he be sold lol, it is what it is. But the annoying thing is this capitulation (bottlers) narrative was taken up more than once during the game today by the commentators. If that starts getting traction in the media it'll bug the life out of me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

Well if anything, it’s still better than sounding like you 

Even you surely must accept they were the better team. They were better disciplined, more clinical and more tactically astute. And this was without their two best players.

You’re becoming an Ostrich Bertie boy! Not for the first time either

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

We’ve played a high line all year and been fine, we were just disastrous at it today 

Maybe but WHU were able to exploit it like they did before. you could see it happening but they didn't manage to score and we still carried on the same way and eventually they caught us out. All it need was to drop back a couple of yards. Not only that but Fofana was continually caught up field along with both full backs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

The other issue is that this must cause some degree of animosity within the squad.

I hope it does. It should. But it's how they respond to those three players that's more important. You want a Roy Kean in the dressing room. Somebody to properly dig them out. Shock them into getting with the program. Then move on. It's much healthier that way imo.