Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

You will find it hard. I am. Everybody will be.

Then you'll realise that we won a trophy and that will live with you for longer. We are going into the season as defending FA Cup champions for the first time ever.  Up the Foxes!

Very true, but today, right now I feel like crap 

• Like 1

I think Brendan is a good fit for us, about as good a manager as we could get currently. 

I wouldn't get rid, but.... 

..... there's the lingering though in the back of my mind, somebody COULD push us on with a bit of a stronger mentality. 

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Very true, but today, right now I feel like crap 

Exactly. I'm not necessarily so pissed because of the fact we didn't get champions league it's rather HOW we got to said point. We let it go all by ourselves. Regardless I'm still proud of the boys but there are several things that need to be discussed... Subs... Injuries.. Etcétera.. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dayday said:

You don’t take your best players out of there best positions, it never works

I agree but I don't think it had a material impact on the game, it worked fine until the last twenty minutes.

It was a collective arse collapse (manager and players), tactical manouveres wouldn't have made much difference to that.

3 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Yes, but if we had strength in depth that wouldn't have been an issue.

This is the key point. We've had a great season, regardless as to today's result. I'm as disappointed as anybody else, but ultimately we just don't have the finances to gain the quality in depth that the monied clubs do. We cant compete easily when we get multiple key players injured. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I can get the argument of not wanting to disturb your midfield balance until that means advocating Amartey to play at the back with Soyuncu. Amartey is just not aggressive enough, I don’t really think the game was lost in midfield anyway, just a really easy thing to pounce on for people looking for reasons and somebody to blame.

Ultimately the players on the pitch have got to see the game through and actually we’d have probably been okay but for a pretty awful individual error that means we have to chase it again, at that point Spurs could just pick us off

Yeah this is exactly it.

1 minute ago, Jacnah said:

This is the key point. We've had a great season, regardless as to today's result. I'm as disappointed as anybody else, but ultimately we just don't have the finances to gain the quality in depth that the monied clubs do. We cant compete easily when we get multiple key players injured. 

But financial disadvantage or not, we should have had enough to drive us over the finish line to the Champions League. And that would have helped forge a financial pathway to us attracting some elite level additions to the squad.

I honestly believe we blew it more than it simply being us not having the finances.

Just now, enmac said:

Matt Piper is worried that he might go to Spurs. Would that convince Kane to stay? 

Kane isn't playing in the Europa Conference.

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I agree but I don't think it had a material impact on the game, it worked fine until the last twenty minutes.

It was a collective arse collapse (manager and players), tactical manouveres wouldn't have made much difference to that.

I recall you in a topic about Ricardo, debating on whether he would be better on the RW or playing RB, and you like me said he should play in his right position which is RB.

Same as Wilf I hate to see players going out of there right positions, it pretty much every time leaves an unbalanced team.

Saying that I think Brendan is very cautious at times when we should be going in for the kill

Just now, dayday said:

I recall you in a topic about Ricardo, debating on whether he would be better on the RW or playing RB, and you like me said he should play in his right position which is RB.

Same as Wilf I hate to see players going out of there right positions, it pretty much every time leaves an unbalanced team.

Saying that I think Brendan is very cautious at times when we should be going in for the kill

Did you bother to read my post? The first thing I said was "I agree".

Just now, dayday said:

I did but It felt like you wasn’t really agreeing.

I was, hence "I agree". My only point was in the isolation of today's game, as much as it was the wrong call I didn't think not making that call would have had a material impact on the outcome such was the nature of it being a complete arse collapse.

• Like 1