Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I understand Spurs are still sniffing around. If we don't get in the Champions League they will be after him. 

Yes I saw that wonderful journalistic masterpiece in the Sun. I thought Rogers was under contract to Leicester?   May be I am mistaken .

18 hours ago, filthyfox said:

So... this is the post about where we lost the season when we failed to play our strongest team against West Ham because we were "punishing" naughty boys?

THAT is where I see it all went wrong.

It hasn't all gone wrong.  We are FA Cup holders.  

A lot has gone right.  Injuries have been our biggest barrier

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yes I saw that wonderful journalistic masterpiece in the Sun. I thought Rogers was under contract to Leicester?   May be I am mistaken .

The Sun, as picked up by Football365, have no idea what is happening. Two weeks ago the finances of getting Rodgers scared them off, now they are interested again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

The Sun, as picked up by Football365, have no idea what is happening. Two weeks ago the finances of getting Rodgers scared them off, now they are interested again.

It's almost like they're trying to flog newspapers to thicko's..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Brendan to Spurs would be like someone volunteering to captain the Titanic, knowing the exact outcome of the maiden voyage. 

Lol 😂 Spurs for me aren't a club that a manager who’s stock is only going up should go to. For me it is a poison chalice, more like for a manager who is on the way down who feels they can get some reputation back maybe 

Rodgers is on a huge contract here

Only Pep I believe is earning more. Mourinho also was on more before he got fired. Spurs would have to make him the highest paid manager in the league to get him. They just got their fingers burnt with Mourinho's large salary and pay off so I don't think they can afford another huge gamble.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Lol 😂 Spurs for me aren't a club that a manager who’s stock is only going up should go to. For me it is a poison chalice, more like for a manager who is on the way down who feels they can get some reputation back maybe 

Get Dyche in there. I can only salivate at the delicious football he would serve up, buying Chris Wood to replace Kane. Absolute scenes. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 4

On 21/05/2021 at 20:01, filthyfox said:

So... this is the post about where we lost the season when we failed to play our strongest team against West Ham because we were "punishing" naughty boys?

THAT is where I see it all went wrong.

Your mad, i'm sure most of us could easily pick other games that have effected us just as much....

How about being unable to beat a 10 man Southampton side for 80 minutes? Or when we made Newcastle look like Barcelona? 

In the games since Maddisons return he hasn't really offered all that much anyway

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we get top 4 tomorrow then he surely goes down as our best manager ever?

No. Ranieri won the PL, that's fractionally better than the FA Cup.. Nigel Pearson built us. Martin O'Neil and Matt Gillies are ahead of BR as best ever mangers imo

I never felt I was a Nigel Pearson fanboy, but lately I have been wondering if he wasn't the greatest individual in our history. 

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, trabuch said:

No. Ranieri won the PL, that's fractionally better than the FA Cup.. Nigel Pearson built us. Martin O'Neil and Matt Gillies are ahead of BR as best ever mangers imo

I never felt I was a Nigel Pearson fanboy, but lately I have been wondering if he wasn't the greatest individual in our history. 

He's up there, not since 1927/28 have we done x 2 top 6 finishes in the top flight and when you add in the FA Cup win then should be get top 4 today then it's an incredible achievement.

He now moves up to 3rd in my all time favourite managers behind O'Neill and Ranieri. He's now surpassed Pearson.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Big Sam?

It's been a fantastic season no matter what happens. He's handled injuries well and over the last 2 years we have played some great football. This season will be remembered for the cup win, but there have been some cracking results along the way too. 

He said his job is to compete with the top 6....we are doing that and some!!

He doesn't get his name chanted much (and didn't really at Wembley)...but the guy deserves it. He wants the best for the club and players and I respect that. 

I don't even care if Spurs approach the club about Rodgers. We'd say no anyway, and there's not a chance Rodgers would force a move through for them. They are beneath us now. The best Spurs can hope for is someone like Graham Potter, and that would be a very decent appointment for them.

• Like 1

It seems like Tottenham are a poisoned chalice behind the scenes, with Levy etc.

Rodgers is very much secure here, at a much better well-run club.

He'll be risking the good reputation should he leave for them.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Koke said:

Rodgers is on a huge contract here

Only Pep I believe is earning more. Mourinho also was on more before he got fired. Spurs would have to make him the highest paid manager in the league to get him. They just got their fingers burnt with Mourinho's large salary and pay off so I don't think they can afford another huge gamble.

If they’re flogging Kane, they might have a few pennies left to cover BR? 

11 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I don't even care if Spurs approach the club about Rodgers. We'd say no anyway, and there's not a chance Rodgers would force a move through for them. They are beneath us now. The best Spurs can hope for is someone like Graham Potter, and that would be a very decent appointment for them.

Southgate after England crash out the Euros

14 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Parker or potter, touch and go whether they could get potter. A short list of three - Potter, Parker, Howe I’d assume.

6 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

If they’re flogging Kane, they might have a few pennies left to cover BR? 

I'd imagine any new manager would rather have Kane. Him going would be a huge task for the next manager to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'd imagine any new manager would rather have Kane. Him going would be a huge task for the next manager to deal with.

You’re probably right. Goals are the hardest commodity to add to a team. Kane obviously brings that.  But Levy is allegedly asking for £150m. Ambitious, for sure. £100m? Maybe. That’s a lot to build a team with - assuming the majority of it then became  available ...... which, with their debt, it might not! 🤷