Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's up there, not since 1927/28 have we done x 2 top 6 finishes in the top flight and when you add in the FA Cup win then should be get top 4 today then it's an incredible achievement.

He now moves up to 3rd in my all time favourite managers behind O'Neill and Ranieri. He's now surpassed Pearson.

Its not always about position or trophies, even at the Top Level... The old first division, or Now PL & Championship....

Its what the club and Team is..where they are ..in any point of its history...even how fans  perceive their Club and situation.....

I am sure many a great-Grandad & Grandad have their Stories und thoughts in managers....also through their dads eyes..

My generation  sprang through Halliday, Gillies..O'Farrel,Bloomfield...Little..Adams..Pearson..Ranieri, Rodgers...Periods, but also born on thoughts

my dad & Uncles would put forward...The things or players each manager did,had had or brought forward...

Big clubs bring & have their obvious stories, But clubs like Leicester,WBA,Palace,Norwich,Blackburn have their twists in any manager story through their history..

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Parker or potter, touch and go whether they could get potter. A short list of three - Potter, Parker, Howe I’d assume.

....however we choose to view them, they are still a big club going through a period of transition!!!

Any manager here or abroad would look at this as a great opportunity to rebuild a team where it can regularly compete in Europe. 

The fact that they are based in London is a massive draw. If I recall @Babylon posted (informingly and concisely) regarding their ability to generate the huge sums and writing down of their current debts.

They are a bigger pull than we care to admit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....however we choose to view them, they are still a big club going through a period of transition!!!

Any manager here or abroad would look at this as a great opportunity to rebuild a team where it can regularly compete in Europe. 

The fact that they are based in London is a massive draw. If I recall @Babylon posted (informingly and concisely) regarding their ability to generate the huge sums and writing down of their current debts.

They are a bigger pull than we care to admit.

It’s true, they also have a significant geographical advantage. Although you would need to ask some serious questions during the interview, as they are going somewhere, just not sure if it’s in good direction tbh.

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Crazy decision to drop Wilf into the back four when you have 3 defenders on the bench.

Who were you bringing on instead? You can just about make a case for Amartey, I mean you can’t really cos the bloke is crap but at least he has two legs that work

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

His sides fall away hugely at league season run in. You cannot argue with that. 

We had the most difficult run in of the sides fighting for a CL spot, and still beat utd at old Trafford. It was the Newcastle game that cost us. That was unforgivable. Also long term injuries to key players have been absolutely horrendous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Well yeah. At least if you bring Amartey on. Your not disturbing the midfield.

Your also asking for Amartey to try and help look after Harry Kane which is a terrifying thought. The decision of the substitution in isolation I don't think he had many options in all honesty.

Selection, tactics and all that aside though it was heinous not being able to see that game out.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Your also asking for Amartey to try and help look after Harry Kane which is a terrifying thought. The decision of the substitution in isolation I don't think he had many options in all honesty.

Selection, tactics and all that aside though it was heinous not being able to see that game out.

You don’t take your best players out of there best positions, it never works

• Like 1