Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

23 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

Without doubt a huge bottler.

Such a cheap tabloid term. lol 

But will keep an eye out for him in Vicky Wines (one for the old farts)

• Haha 2

Just now, matty98 said:

Good to hear his thoughts on what we need to bring in during the transfer window, couldn't agree more.

More attackers and more physicality.

Has he just said that?  that’s reassuring.

5 minutes ago, enmac said:

Just been quoted on RL that he says he's 200% staying. 

Good to hear him say it, and I don't think he will go, but what players and managers say doesn't mean much really though. Does it? Didn't he say he'd stay at Celtic and he left Watford after about 6 months. 

I don't think he'll go though. And we'll be better off for it. Two consecutive top 6 finishes and a Cup final victory is an excellent job so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Probably cos he’s spoken to Levy who said he would halve his salary 🤣

Half his salary and he has to take the hit for any empty seats at each game.

I don't think Spurs was ever likely right now. I don't know where anyone would leave Leicester for at the moment and Rodgers probably isn't going back to Liverpool. Chelsea most likely of the rich boys? Would Man City want someone bigger post Pep?

Just now, Fox92 said:

Good to hear him say it, and I don't think he will go, but what players and managers say doesn't mean much really though. Does it? Didn't he say he'd stay at Celtic and he left Watford after about 6 months. 

I don't think he'll go though. And we'll be better off for it. Two consecutive top 6 finishes and a Cup final victory is an excellent job so far.

I doubt if he can say any more than what he has, to convince everyone he is staying, beyond saying Spurs are total cock sh*t and he wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole 

This is well worth a read, fully acknowledges where the development areas are.

Love our strategy of investing in younger, talented players and developing them. To help us get over the line, one or two experienced players who've got the winning mentality to help the younger players through would be very welcome:

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

Rodgers: "We need more goal threat and we need to have more physicality in the team."

Yep I'm fed up with seeing us lose the physical battles in the middle of the pitch and getting overun against less gifted opposition in games we're expected to win!

Edited by Le Renard

1 hour ago, enmac said:

Just been quoted on RL that he says he's 200% staying. 

did they play the interview with Rodgers saying that? not listened to any of the post match stuff yet

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

Think we are so lucky to have BR as a manager. Just hope it is third time lucky next year re CL, but still rather retain the cup!

He gets plenty of things right and when things go wrong he doesn’t usually look for excuses. Obviously, fans will never all agree on his substitutions or timing, but take today, presumably they already had a plan re Fofana carrying that injury and would have practised and decided the options and players available. People are always quick to judge and dish out stick, but don’t know what planning etc has gone on behind the scenes. 

BR is a very dignified manager, he is a winner and a massive credit to Leicester City. I am proud he is our manager. 

This 100%, he is a trophy winning manager and every season we have moved forward with his management 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

did they play the interview with Rodgers saying that? not listened to any of the post match stuff yet

In the live interview he didn't use the same exact words but he reiterated his commitment to the club, or words to that effect. 

1 minute ago, enmac said:

In the live interview he didn't use the same exact words but he reiterated his commitment to the club, or words to that effect. 

sounds positive. will listen to them post match stuff later over a few beers

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

I wonder if today will make him think about leaving.

‘We’ve all said it, they brought Bale and Moura off the bench.

‘We had Mendy and Amartey

It’ll be interesting 

He's on the record post-match saying quite the opposite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I wonder if today will make him think about leaving.

‘We’ve all said it, they brought Bale and Moura off the bench.

‘We had Mendy and Amartey

It’ll be interesting 

That also proves that, if he does go, any manager coming in will have one hell of a task to improve on what he's doing.

For all the disappointment again, Rodgers has improved standards. The next man has a huge job to maintain and improve them.

13 minutes ago, enmac said:

Some quotes to that effect in news feeds too - repeating how happy he is at the Club . ( they tend not to fabricate real quotes preferring the likes of “sources close to the club” if it’s made up BS) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's on the record post-match saying quite the opposite.

Absolutely.. and we all know that football managers always say exactly what’s on their minds at all times...

I just wonder... I hope not of course