Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Got lucky with the offside decision 

What are you talking about. I assume the 96 in your username relates to your age and you have lost the plot. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Your also asking for Amartey to try and help look after Harry Kane which is a terrifying thought. The decision of the substitution in isolation I don't think he had many options in all honesty.

Selection, tactics and all that aside though it was heinous not being able to see that game out.

Of all games for Schmeichel to have a stinker...

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

What are you talking about. I assume the 96 in your username relates to your age and you have lost the plot. 

It's his IQ.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Your also asking for Amartey to try and help look after Harry Kane which is a terrifying thought. The decision of the substitution in isolation I don't think he had many options in all honesty.

Selection, tactics and all that aside though it was heinous not being able to see that game out.

I’m not saying I think amartey is any better in defence than ndidi but you’re taking ndidi out of his best position and weakening us in 2 positions.

leaving him in midfield he would be able to help cut off the supply to Kane 

• Like 1

For a guy who has been incredibly pragmatic at times this season, I’m utterly baffled why he didn’t show that side today. At half time and 2-1 up, we had the subs and the chance to go defensive....like we did at Spurs. 

Instead let the game idle on into a scenario where a mistake would cost us. And bang it did. 

He’s gotta get over these humps if he wants an ‘elite’ job 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I can get the argument of not wanting to disturb your midfield balance until that means advocating Amartey to play at the back with Soyuncu. Amartey is just not aggressive enough, I don’t really think the game was lost in midfield anyway, just a really easy thing to pounce on for people looking for reasons and somebody to blame.

Ultimately the players on the pitch have got to see the game through and actually we’d have probably been okay but for a pretty awful individual error that means we have to chase it again, at that point Spurs could just pick us off

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Keeps Wilf in the middle and more chance of getting a two goal lead. Instead he decided to leave game open to ‘basketball’, a term he loves to use and encourages our teams to avoid 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

That’s right. Useless manager. Hasn’t won a trophy for 8 days now.

Ranieri won the league and still was sacked a few months later. If Rodgers wants to go, let him go. I genuinely don't see why the media make such a big fuss of him. He did great winning the FA cup, incredible! But 3 out of the last 5 seasons he has let massive points leads go. This is not a one off. Liverpool title, and now 2 times for us. 

Ndidi cb when we have cb on the bench. Changing Maddison and going defensive to invite pressure on. Sticking with 4-4-2 when we needed a goal, and playing Perez left midfield. Southampton 10men for 80 mins, Newcastle at home, West Ham away. All in the last 7 matches of the season didn't win one, and worse didn't even look like winning one. 

Evans injury and Fofana definitely did not help him at all. If we can give Rodgers praise for winning the cup (which we all have to) then he needs to accept the defeats that come with this. 2 years in a row, let slip a big points lead. 

• Thanks 1

Gets tactics wrong in big league games too often.

Team selection and style of play Tuesday was all wrong. We gave Chelsea an easy ride.

Today, having Ndidi out the midfield let them have an easy supply up the pitch. Can't believe we didn't put Amartey on, or even Fuchs or Morgan. Least it would give us more experience. 

He likes to overthink too much. 

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a lot of praise, but questions should be asked too about many things. Including failing twice to get over the line for top four and absolutely shocking home form this season. I'd love to know the excuses for abysmal defensive record too.

• Like 4

The fact we were competing for top 4 with this squad is a massive achievement. 

Just look at the two benches today - Spurs brought on Moura and Bale, and we had no one near that level to come on. 

I think the bottle job accusations are ridiculous given we've just won the FA Cup.

Evans getting injured just before the Newcastle match, and Fofana getting injured in this game were crucial. Our squad just ran of stream and quality to compete. 

The summer transfer window is big and we need to address the obvious gaps - experienced centre half and left back, creative winger and powerful central midfielder. 

One of the things i admire most about Rodgers is he is someone who looks to constantly learn. Injuries you can't control to a large extent, but managing set pieces you can. Hopefully he learns from it as we've conceded far too many this season from them. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

I think we should keep Rodgers. Remember Brian Little, fell twice in the play-off final; then came good third time round. He can get us the Champions League then if he wants to go it would have been four seasons, at least 1 Cup and job done.

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

For a guy who has been incredibly pragmatic at times this season, I’m utterly baffled why he didn’t show that side today. At half time and 2-1 up, we had the subs and the chance to go defensive....like we did at Spurs. 

Instead let the game idle on into a scenario where a mistake would cost us. And bang it did. 

He’s gotta get over these humps if he wants an ‘elite’ job 

I was convinced he'd bring Maddison off for Amartey and go 4 5 1. Instead we stuck with the 4 4 2 but sat in really deep anyway, if we had taken the game to Spurs in an effort to kill it off then I'd have understood it.

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

What a flat way to end the season, sorry I’m finding it hard because we had it on a silver plate really and still couldn’t take top 4 

You will find it hard. I am. Everybody will be.

Then you'll realise that we won a trophy and that will live with you for longer. We are going into the season as defending FA Cup champions for the first time ever.  Up the Foxes!

• Like 3