Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

11 minutes ago, LonnieDon said:

Boubakary Soumaré . Every time I see his name I get a vision of  ' boobs in the bakery' does anyone else see this, or is it just me.

You may need to go to the bathroom with some tissues.

• Haha 1

Guest LonnieDon
24 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I bet you filo right tit admitting that.

Well it was the left one actually 😊

Guest LonnieDon
21 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Yes it’s just you, you doughnut 

Better a doughnut than a serious pancake like you mate.

Guest LonnieDon
4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Just hope the negotiations don't go tits up!

Fingers  crossed W 😊

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah and  I remember when everyone buggered off to Leicester :P

Revenge is a dish best served cold!!!  20+ years for the vendetta to be dealt with !!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, martyn said:

If we were adopting Liverpool like tactics (which I doubt) then Édouard would be sensible as someone who can both drop deep to link the play, and have the presence/strength to hold it up (like Firmino). But we'd need to sign 2 wide forwards in that scenario as I'd expect even smaller output from Perez and Albrighton in that system.

We'd also need Ricardo and Justin to get back to the levels they reached previously as the full backs are crucial in that system.

....where does Castagne fit into this!!!

13 hours ago, KFS said:

Amazing how much better this signing makes a 3atb look already. I wouldn't actually mind him playing it if it looks like the below:

Kasper

Fofana Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo         Ndidi        Thomas

Tielemans     Soumaré

Kelz   Vardy

....Soyuncu is too unreliable in a three, we need him to play in a back four, that where we are at our best!!!

Nacho signing a new contract for him is financially good move for him, if he wants to be a backup. With Vardy pulling to the left it exposes Nacho as he needs someone that goes ahead of him and closer in attack. His poor control was back to his lack of believe, and he had too much time to think about his game, as opposed to his better instinctive play which contradicts situations when given time when receiving the ball.

12 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think Soumare is potentially a long term replacement for Tielemans. He will be begin as as a squad player initially, maybe used in a 3 if its a 433 but not if its 532. Succession planning. 

....he hasn't the vision of Tielemans, the skillset or the passing ability to be compared to Tielemans!!!

People very much look at an extra in midfield and wonder if a replacement is coming in, it is not the case, just gives us the flexibility and the opportunity to rotate with Ndidi. Praet or even KDH would play the Tielemans role with Ndidi and Soumare supporting them, we will be just as strong enough, to compete in the more attritional games.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

https://youtu.be/8_bmkITJVd4

hope this helps!!!

looks like he could be a proper box to box midfielder and his ball carrying ability offers something we don't currently have. while i don't think he's an out and out DM with his strength and ball winning ability he could fill in for Wilf in a double pivot as well

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LonnieDon said:

Boubakary Soumaré . Every time I see his name I get a vision of  ' boobs in the bakery' does anyone else see this, or is it just me.

I do now! However, what isn't there to like about two lightly floured baps or a pair of generously sugared plump donuts?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Soyuncu is too unreliable in a three, we need him to play in a back four, that where we are at our best!!!

Nacho signing a new contract for him is financially good move for him, if he wants to be a backup. With Vardy pulling to the left it exposes Nacho as he needs someone that goes ahead of him and closer in attack. His poor control was back to his lack of believe, and he had too much time to think about his game, as opposed to his better instinctive play which contradicts situations when given time when receiving the ball.

Yes, his poor control and lack of self belief let him down on at least 14 times in quick succession recently! Imagine if he'd been allowed to play that bad all season! Perhaps just a couple of slightly below par performances at the end and even one of those he still managed to come on as sub and score. If you don't get the service you can't score and in the final match that was down fair and squarely to Rodgers for me. 

Some marvel and swoon at Perez's 'supposed' great touch and footwork but ... there's been absolutely bugger all end product, 2 goals and 1 assist all season. For me, give me 14 goals and terrible on the eye first touch every day of the week. I'm not a purist, because sometimes strikers can be like that, not pretty, but have a knack of getting the ball in the back of the net, clumsily or otherwise but some of Nacho's goals lest we forget have been outstanding. Goals win games, pretty boys don't.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, his poor control and lack of self belief let him down on at least 14 times in quick succession recently! Imagine if he'd been allowed to play that bad all season! Perhaps just a couple of slightly below par performances at the end and even one of those he still managed to come on as sub and score. If you don't get the service you can't score and in the final match that was down fair and squarely to Rodgers for me. 

Some marvel and swoon at Perez's 'supposed' great touch and footwork but ... there's been absolutely bugger all end product, 2 goals and 1 assist all season. For me, give me 14 goals and terrible on the eye first touch every day of the week. I'm not a purist, because sometimes strikers can be like that, not pretty, but have a knack of getting the ball in the back of the net, clumsily or otherwise but some of Nacho's goals lest we forget have been outstanding. Goals win games, pretty boys don't.

Perez has had a brutal season. Albrighton has more goal contributions than him. I liked him last term because he did occasionally chip in, plus his pressing  and link-up was some of the best in our squad, but to be out-performed by Albrighton in goal contributions is rather abysmal for what we paid for.

• Like 3

I try not to go overboard about 'best of' videos, but this guy should be required to carry a tackling permit :o. He has an eye for a long ball and has nifty feet.

Placing him alongside Wilf would make an excellent midfield defensive block - leaving Youri to concentrate on springing attacks. He could bring an extra dimension to the team. Pick any two from Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana; Castagne and JJ/Thomas; N'Didi, Soumare, Tielemans; Barnes, Vardy and Madders/Nacho. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

• Like 2