Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I do now! However, what isn't there to like about two lightly floured baps or a pair of generously sugared plump donuts?

I was considering a pair of nice Chelsea buns with a plump cherry in the centre of each. Then I realised, Chelsea. Yuck. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I was considering a pair of nice Chelsea buns with a plump cherry in the centre of each. Then I realised, Chelsea. Yuck. 

Luckily for you, these are called Belgian buns 👍

• Like 1

This boy does look an excellent player but I wonder how he'll fit into our set up. 

Will we go for a 442 with a diamond midfield with Wilf the anchor, Youri and Soumaré in the centre and Maddison at the tip? But how does Barnes fit into that?

Or possibly 433 but then where does Maddison fit?

I just hope we don't stick with 352 or 3412. 

Also hope that Soumaré doesn't become the new Praet who is rarely given a chance and struggles to find a role in the team.

45 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This boy does look an excellent player but I wonder how he'll fit into our set up. 

Will we go for a 442 with a diamond midfield with Wilf the anchor, Youri and Soumaré in the centre and Maddison at the tip? But how does Barnes fit into that?

Or possibly 433 but then where does Maddison fit?

I just hope we don't stick with 352 or 3412. 

Also hope that Soumaré doesn't become the new Praet who is rarely given a chance and struggles to find a role in the team.

I think the point is that we're adaptable. There is no 'best' team. It depends on who we're playing.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TommyK said:

I think the point is that we're adaptable. There is no 'best' team. It depends on who we're playing.  

Yeah - remember all those discussions people had saying how good is this team when they're all fit.....never happened. We need serious competition for places.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes Perez: desperate on the eye since he was signed, and 2 goals 1 assist this season ffs.

Even last week people were defending him.

I do not want to see this bloke playing for us ever again. 

Yeah but he did provide the assist to the assist for the Tielemans Cup winner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/05/2021 at 08:49, Nicolo Barella said:

Perez has had a brutal season. Albrighton has more goal contributions than him. I liked him last term because he did occasionally chip in, plus his pressing  and link-up was some of the best in our squad, but to be out-performed by Albrighton in goal contributions is rather abysmal for what we paid for.

Sometimes he's hilarious. It's like he intentionally runs into a circle of 3 or 4 opposition players for a game of ping pong ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I've said before and will again, he wasn't the worst option in the world for the 433/4141/whatever we played for the best parts of last year. Sitting narrower on that right hand side, linking up well with YT and Ricardo, it was one of the reasons Ricky was so strong through that. Perez enabled him to do his best work, creating space for him, linking up well. 

For all the chatter about how he wasn't a natural winger, he did pretty well there and understood his role very well, it just wasn't the starring role down that flank. 

He's also not entirely horrible as a 10 in an open, counter attacking game when he's got Vards and Nacho in front of him and a lot of space to control the ball and run in to against a defense that's passive and forgiving. 

Problem is, he just can't beat his man, he's slow as fvck, he's a massively inconsistent finisher, he's mediocre passing the ball, his control is hit and miss and his footballing brain is meh. 

From a simplisti point of view he has been an abomination as a support striker/ACM this season, 2 goals and 1 assist is hideous. I honestly think Danny Ward would have done more in the same role.

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Problem is, he just can't beat his man, he's slow as fvck, he's a massively inconsistent finisher, he's mediocre passing the ball, his control is hit and miss and his footballing brain is meh.

Ha!

I think you’re possibly a bit harsh with the footballing brain part.

Also, take away the inconsistent finisher bit, and this describes Iheanacho perfectly as well.

I wonder if maybe these are two positions we could benefit from upgrading if we want to take that tricky next step...?

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Perez is a painfully average footballer. He needs chucking.

I agree .... what frightens me about the highlights reels, that we all love, is that Perez would have a great highlights reel - he has a couple of great touches or a good dummy per game - add that together and he’d look great on video!

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

I agree .... what frightens me about the highlights reels, that we all love, is that Perez would have a great highlights reel - he has a couple of great touches or a good dummy per game - add that together and he’d look great on video!

some of the comments: 

“underrated player” 

“the goat” 

Jokes aside, we aren’t going to sell him and IMO he is perfectly good enough to be a squad player for us, but we don’t want to be relying on him as a regular starter. He isn’t worth what we paid.

Some of the scapegoating on here is a bit OTT, and off the ball he is one of our better attacking players IMO. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I've said before and will again, he wasn't the worst option in the world for the 433/4141/whatever we played for the best parts of last year. Sitting narrower on that right hand side, linking up well with YT and Ricardo, it was one of the reasons Ricky was so strong through that. Perez enabled him to do his best work, creating space for him, linking up well. 

For all the chatter about how he wasn't a natural winger, he did pretty well there and understood his role very well, it just wasn't the starring role down that flank. 

He's also not entirely horrible as a 10 in an open, counter attacking game when he's got Vards and Nacho in front of him and a lot of space to control the ball and run in to against a defense that's passive and forgiving. 

Why was he signed ?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

From a simplisti point of view he has been an abomination as a support striker/ACM this season, 2 goals and 1 assist is hideous. I honestly think Danny Ward would have done more in the same role.

...what if his role was just to bolster the midfield and track back!!!

If we are expecting creativity and goals then we are going to be disappointed, but his role in the team did change, as he was brought in to a central position, and so should be judged on that.

I am not a fan of the role he played wide on the right for the majority of his stint here, but he has been used in a sort of Shinji role to support our midfield, Praet might have been the better option, but that was Rodgers's call.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Oh... I believe he has a Good and above average Football brain, but for all those reasons you  mentioned,

he has few chances to realise & show that potentiall 

In free Space & Room around him, or channels to attack, He is quite good morning

but in Close areas,with 1-3 players, Standing up to him,like you said he struggles & too often...

Then when you See a fit Maddison, then Foden,Mount,Grealish,Wilkes, open up the game,even when in losing positions..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what if his role was just to bolster the midfield and track back!!!

If we are expecting creativity and goals then we are going to be disappointed, but his role in the team did change, as he was brought in to a central position, and so should be judged on that.

I am not a fan of the role he played wide on the right for the majority of his stint here, but he has been used in a sort of Shinji role to support our midfield, Praet might have been the better option, but that was Rodgers's call.

Thats not his role though in a 3-4-1-2 hence Rodgers repeatedly saying we needed more creativity and support for the front 2. He's dog shit.

• Like 3