Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Why was he signed ?

I can't claim to speak for the club but I have to assume we were after an attacking player who could play in multiple positions, contribute defensively through tackles and pressing and offer a greater goal threat than our other wide options - all of which, in theory, he would provide

5 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

some of the comments: 

“underrated player” 

“the goat” 

Jokes aside, we aren’t going to sell him and IMO he is perfectly good enough to be a squad player for us, but we don’t want to be relying on him as a regular starter. He isn’t worth what we paid.

Some of the scapegoating on here is a bit OTT, and off the ball he is one of our better attacking players IMO. 

L O L

Have you watched us this season pal?

3 hours ago, mikey54 said:

Oh, let’s turn the Soumaré topic into yet another anti Prez rant

Personally thought he was one of the better characters on The Wire.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mikey54 said:

Oh, let’s turn the Soumaré topic into yet another anti Prez rant

But he is that shit, that every thread could easily become a “Perez is shit” thread. Just the way the world works....

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, murphy said:

Hopefully someone will :fc:

I have to say Dave, you’ve been a admirably consistent with your disdain for Perez!  It takes us mere mortals a little while to catch up!!!

• Like 1

On 28/05/2021 at 10:13, Finnegan said:

I've said before and will again, he wasn't the worst option in the world for the 433/4141/whatever we played for the best parts of last year. Sitting narrower on that right hand side, linking up well with YT and Ricardo, it was one of the reasons Ricky was so strong through that. Perez enabled him to do his best work, creating space for him, linking up well. 

For all the chatter about how he wasn't a natural winger, he did pretty well there and understood his role very well, it just wasn't the starring role down that flank. 

He's also not entirely horrible as a 10 in an open, counter attacking game when he's got Vards and Nacho in front of him and a lot of space to control the ball and run in to against a defense that's passive and forgiving. 

Problem is, he just can't beat his man, he's slow as fvck, he's a massively inconsistent finisher, he's mediocre passing the ball, his control is hit and miss and his footballing brain is meh. 

He’s been bobbins