Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, Mark said:

First two games we were playing with a back four though, it was the 4-1-4-1 with Tielemans and Praet as attacking midfielders so he wasn't out wide. Praet being deployed on the right was the worst sight I've seen since Matt Oakley used to take that position.

Yes you're correct. I'm not saying play him wide right, but in this horrid system we pick if Vardy and Maddison were dropped for Perez and Praet then he'd be supporting Castagne find some width down that right hand side. The one good thing Dennis does is manage to get balls in that channel for the full back or winger to get on to. 

1 hour ago, FerrisBueller said:

He's surely gonna be pushing for a move and hard to blame him, too good to be sat on the bench having Mendy picked over him.

Mendy needed to be the one picked over him last night, taking Ndidi out was a grave error. We were lacking defensively, bringing Mendy (and Perez) in was a turning point in the match.

15 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I would rather lose Rodgers this summer if that would help us to keep Praet.  Our club can't afford to piss off high quality players that we've managed to buy for a bargain fee.

Me too, but that ain't happening.  BR may be laboring under the fantasy that one of the big boys will swoop in on a white horse and sweep him away, but it's not going to happen.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes you're correct. I'm not saying play him wide right, but in this horrid system we pick if Vardy and Maddison were dropped for Perez and Praet then he'd be supporting Castagne find some width down that right hand side. The one good thing Dennis does is manage to get balls in that channel for the full back or winger to get on to. 

No he isn't. Praet playing out wide was surprisingly good and if not for his injury we would have seen him more as a RM. Sure it was a short term solution but worked out well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

No he isn't. Praet playing out wide was surprisingly good and if not for his injury we would have seen him more as a RM. Sure it was a short term solution but worked out well.

Have you quoted the wrong person here?

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

I would rather lose Rodgers this summer if that would help us to keep Praet.  Our club can't afford to piss off high quality players that we've managed to buy for a bargain fee.

Have you been on the pop......

2 hours ago, BlackFox said:

Mendy needed to be the one picked over him last night, taking Ndidi out was a grave error. We were lacking defensively, bringing Mendy (and Perez) in was a turning point in the match.

In honesty mate I switched off last night after the third. I was going on the basis of, if Ndidi had been taken off to accommodate a more attacking midfield, Praet would be my go to. Didn’t see Mendy last night, just saw that he had been brought on, but by that time surely the damage had been done and a more defensive minded midfielder would have been redundant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

In honesty mate I switched off last night after the third. I was going on the basis of, if Ndidi had been taken off to accommodate a more attacking midfield, Praet would be my go to. Didn’t see Mendy last night, just saw that he had been brought on, but by that time surely the damage had been done and a more defensive minded midfielder would have been redundant.

I switched off too after the third, It was painful to watch, but turned it on 5 minutes afterwards. Taking off Ndidi was a mistake even if he played badly, we had to stabilize the midfield defensively so Mendy was a must. It was imperative that we finish strong even if lost already. 

For me Praet should be on opening lineup for the next matches, but we need change formation for that. One change is a given, Maddison has to be benched.

• Like 2

We really could've done with Praet against Southampton and Newcastle.

He's a technically gifted player who offers not just that, but leadership qualities too and he isn't afraid to open his mouth either. 

We've had a position missing in right centre mid lately especially with Perez on the bench. I don't know why on earth we are playing more down the left with inadequate players (no offence thomas). Praet is a fast direct passer of the ball, can drive toward the box and to the corner and track back too. He also offers a good boot for goals as well.

With him in the team next to Tielemans it becomes more balanced and you can move maddison further up the pitch. 

Silly decisions like this from BR about not bringing players in to the team that have proven themselves in these formations and in particular these kind of games I find frustratingly annoying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

We really could've done with Praet against Southampton and Newcastle.

He's a technically gifted player who offers not just that, but leadership qualities too and he isn't afraid to open his mouth either. 

We've had a position missing in right centre mid lately especially with Perez on the bench. I don't know why on earth we are playing more down the left with inadequate players (no offence thomas). Praet is a fast direct passer of the ball, can drive toward the box and to the corner and track back too. He also offers a good boot for goals as well.

With him in the team next to Tielemans it becomes more balanced and you can move maddison further up the pitch. 

Silly decisions like this from BR about not bringing players in to the team that have proven themselves in these formations and in particular these kind of games I find frustratingly annoying.

Absolutely, looks like Brendan's made his mind up on him though, he's almost definitely out the door if the news about this Soumare lad is true.

Such a shame, he's a brilliant player IMO.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is off, there's no way you don't play him at the minute if he's still a huge part of the future here. Extraordinary. 

But there is another reason for playing him, future or not - he might help us win games.

As you say, how we can be playing so poorly and Praet not getting on the pitch is inexplicable.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

It didn’t make any sense really. But I think Brendan was going for damage limitation. After the 4th went in he probably started to think our goal difference edge on west ham could disappear and it’s as valuable as a point at this stage. 

my initial reaction was it was a snide to Praet but on reflection he was just acknowledging the hole left when wilf subbed was causing even more defensive issues 

Edited by Lambert09

40 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It didn’t make any sense really. But I think Brendan was going for damage limitation. After the 4th went in he probably started to think our goal difference edge on west ham could disappear and it’s as valuable as a point at this stage. 

my initial reaction was it was a snide to Praet but on reflection he was just acknowledging the hole left when wilf subbed was causing even more defensive issues 

Yeah I suppose you're right mate, like I say, I turned off after the 3rd, determined not to let them ruin my weekend again (Spoiler, they deffo have) :sweating:

Did they revert to 4 at the back in the end? That seems the more obvious option than taking Wilf off, bad game or not.

A bit of a silly question but if we played him every few games and brought him off the bench in most the other games would that be acceptable? For him to want to stay.

Not that I know if he does want to stay or not, he's the only guy I've thought for a long while he's too good to be a bench player.

IMO he has to stay, we sould drop the number 10 role for him to play with Youri as a number 8 which fits him perfectly. He has a quality that Maddison never had, he works his ass off every time he plays, even when played out of position which happened often.

BR really has to wake and give him a chance. If he does, I believe we're in for another Mendy/Iheanacho case.

Edited by BlackFox
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

You look at Chelsea and their energy and fitness levels today and their huge squad of top players to choose from and ability to rotate each week, and you have to think we must keep hold of players like Praet, if we want to keep pushing for top 6 finishes. IMO he is a top all round midfielder who still has a lot to offer us. Keep him for another season and get him involved more. 

He isn’t top 6 quality. Belongs in a team like Palace or Southampton. Is a grafter but lacks the all important individual ability as a midfielder to score or create a goal. 

If he left today, he wouldn’t be pursued by any of our rivals. Even at a snip price. This is the difference. 

• Haha 1