Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Like Perez, Praet is a decent player but hs limited impact on game, sell and reinvest

We have seen recently how useful Perez can be, he certainly offers something different and is a valid replacement for when Maddison is busy sucking/not at full fitness/

If Praet is happy to be a squad player then he should stay, if he isn’t then perhaps he goes (unless there is a longer term p,an of course:ph34r: ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

We have seen recently how useful Perez can be, he certainly offers something different and is a valid replacement for when Maddison is busy sucking/not at full fitness/

If Praet is happy to be a squad player then he should stay, if he isn’t then perhaps he goes (unless there is a longer term p,an of course:ph34r: ) 

We need players to be pushing the starting 11, not being useful.

Divide his playing time by 90, he played the equalivent of 13 games full games in the league with an output of 2 goals and 1 assist.

Hardly inspiring if we need a game changer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We need players to be pushing the starting 11, not being useful.

Divide his playing time by 90, he played the equalivent of 13 games full games in the league with an output of 2 goals and 1 assist.

Hardly inspiring if we need a game changer.

Players pushing our starting 11 would need to be £30million+ signings in every position. We don't have the resources. Praet is more than useful. He is a Belgium international, who just hasn't had enough game time here yet. He needs a run of games, but unfortunately for him, we have Tielemans and N'didi in that central role. After what is happening with Iheanacho, I am not sure how we can write off Praet after only 42 games 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Players pushing our starting 11 would need to be £30million+ signings in every position. We don't have the resources. Praet is more than useful. He is a Belgium international, who just hasn't had enough game time here yet. He needs a run of games, but unfortunately for him, we have Tielemans and N'didi in that central role. After what is happening with Iheanacho, I am not sure how we can write off Praet after only 42 games 

He simply isn't good enough and I hope he's off in Summer.

Just because he plays for Belgium doesn't mean much, they are a small nation though granted they have a good team presently.

Again maybe his style suits their team but he certainly doesn't suit ours.

Forget the valuations as we know better than most that great players can be found cheaply.

He was a poor buy and isn't even the type of player we need.

What we need is another strong physical type to play on the left of Youri with NDiddi on the right.

This will bring a better Balance to the team and allow Youri who is a forward thinking player to operate in a freely as he sees fit, without the constraints of defensive duties.

• Haha 2

Mendy or Maddison would be the obvious choice to drop back with Perez taking the 10. 

I said early in the season that I thought he would be off in the Summer and some on here laughed. now it looks likely to come through.

I think he may have been bought to play on the left of Youri but it hasn't worked out.

I thought it was a strange purchase then as he wasn't what we needed back then or now.

Yes Belgium are no 1 but he may suit their system, just not ours.

That can happen with players, Move Clubs and they can look world beaters.

In all honesty, No I never said Iheanacho wasn't good enough, I recognized his strikers instincts.

What I did say was that he needed to go out on loan to regain his confidence and match fitness.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Mendy or Maddison would be the obvious choice to drop back with Perez taking the 10. 

I said early in the season that I thought he would be off in the Summer and some on here laughed. now it looks likely to come through.

I think he may have been bought to play on the left of Youri but it hasn't worked out.

I thought it was a strange purchase then as he wasn't what we needed back then or now.

Yes Belgium are no 1 but he may suit their system, just not ours.

That can happen with players, Move Clubs and they can look world beaters.

In all honesty, No I never said Iheanacho wasn't good enough, I recognized his strikers instincts.

What I did say was that he needed to go out on loan to regain his confidence and match fitness.

Have to agree to disagree then. I would much rather see Praet filling in for Youri than Mendy or Maddison for any prolonged period of time. I also don't think we will sell him this summer unless he pushes hard for a move himself 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Have to agree to disagree then. I would much rather see Praet filling in for Youri than Mendy or Maddison for any prolonged period of time. I also don't think we will sell him this summer unless he pushes hard for a move himself 

I think he has 2 years left on his Contract but I'm still of the opinion he'll be off.

Yes I think we'll to do as you say and leave it at that.

Enjoy the Final lets hope we are successful.

I do like Praet but I wonder what bringing in Soumare means for him. My only qualm with Praet is that he’s more of a game preserver if you’re 1-0 up rather than a game changer if you’re chasing a game. He undoubtedly should be playing more games though given his quality. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I do like Praet but I wonder what bringing in Soumare means for him. My only qualm with Praet is that he’s more of a game preserver if you’re 1-0 up rather than a game changer if you’re chasing a game. He undoubtedly should be playing more games though given his quality. 

this is exactly right... when I think of who can come on and win a game for us, Praet isn’t one of them. I do think he can ‘do a job’ over the course of the season though..

7 hours ago, MPH said:

this is exactly right... when I think of who can come on and win a game for us, Praet isn’t one of them. I do think he can ‘do a job’ over the course of the season though..

Not sure about that. Yes he's different type of player than Maddison (and thank god for that), but I can think of enough matches where he did make a difference. I believe it is a confidence thing.

1 minute ago, BlackFox said:

Not sure about that. Yes he's different type of player than Maddison (and thank god for that), but I can think of enough matches where he did make a difference. I believe it is a confidence thing.

Agreed, without a run of games he is never going to build that post injury confidence or momentum. Let the guy play!

• Like 1

I like Dennis, he's an intelligent, technically proficient and hard working player but I think he'll go if we get a decent offer (around £20m maybe), especially if Soumare comes in. It's never really seemed like he is a perfect fit for our style. I think he'd work best in a Liverpool style 4-3-3.

Probably be best for him if he got a move as well, he can start at most Europa League level clubs across Europe.

One of those where I'd be happy if he stayed, but not too disappointed if he left as a decent fee could be put to better use elsewhere.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, martyn said:

I like Dennis, he's an intelligent, technically proficient and hard working player but I think he'll go if we get a decent offer (around £20m maybe), especially if Soumare comes in. It's never really seemed like he is a perfect fit for our style. I think he'd work best in a Liverpool style 4-3-3.

Probably be best for him if he got a move as well, he can start at most Europa League level clubs across Europe.

One of those where I'd be happy if he stayed, but not too disappointed if he left as a decent fee could be put to better use elsewhere.

He is far too sartorially refined for our Stone Island cloggers , best for all parties if he exited stage left.  :D

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Final nail in the coffin is what it means.

The issue with Praet is he never got a run of games with the first team, and very few guys can be anywhere close to their best with the erratic time he got under Rodgers.  People will blame the injuries but that's BS, he never got an extended run as a starter anyway.  When he did get a few games in a row he delivered big-time, but soon enough it was back to 80th minute cameos and cup ties against League 2 sides.  Best for everybody if he goes elsewhere and plays for a manager who understands his quality.

• Like 2

His best position is CM. IMO he was brought here to alongside Tielemans. Meaning playing without a number 10. But Madders being the BR's favourite, he never really had a good run of games to show his quality.

• Like 3

On 09/05/2021 at 10:57, matty98 said:

I'm still yet to see what he actually adds to the team when he plays. He doesn't score. He doesn't assist. His ball progression stats are terrible. He isn't even particularly good at keeping hold of the ball, averages 79% pass completion, which is shite for a player that offers no creativity. His defensive stats are also not great.

I really just don't understand what people see in him that make them think he's so good?

He's bottom half prem level at best imo.

Don’t hold back tells what you mean lol

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Final nail in the coffin is what it means.

The issue with Praet is he never got a run of games with the first team, and very few guys can be anywhere close to their best with the erratic time he got under Rodgers.  People will blame the injuries but that's BS, he never got an extended run as a starter anyway.  When he did get a few games in a row he delivered big-time, but soon enough it was back to 80th minute cameos and cup ties against League 2 sides.  Best for everybody if he goes elsewhere and plays for a manager who understands his quality.

Yeah when he got injured in January, an we were looking for a central midfielder, I thought to myself, if he was fit from then til the end of the season, you'd have been able to count on one hand how many of 20+ games we had left, he'd of actually started.

On 04/05/2021 at 18:26, mohammedsaqib said:

The man gets into a very talented Belgian squad every time he’s fit. Great energy and good at retaining the ball and recycling it - key in European football. Keep him

Who's he ahead of? I don't follow European football as much as when I was playing Footie Manager religiously so don't really know the main midfielders aside from KDB and Tielemans :D

People saying they don't know what he offers is a result him being used by Rodgers to fill gaps across the midfield and being constantly in and out of the team and never being able to settle. He was brought in for cover for Tielemans IMO and it's no fault of his that Tielemans has played every game. If at any point of the season Tielemans had got injured, I think Praet would have slotted straight in to that position and shown his qualities there. Yes he is no Tielemans, but we would never have a player on the bench who is! He is simply a class above for a club like Leicester. 

I don't think we are going to get a much better midfielder at his price/age/level to stay on the bench next season, as I imagine a similar thing may happen with Tielemans playing most the games again (if able). I would try keep him happy and keep him here another season and hopefully he can either get enough run of games if Rodgers switches it tactically to a midfield 3 or we have some more good cup runs. 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Thanks 2