Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

19 hours ago, urban fox said:

We constantly bemoan lack of quality in depth, yet when someone is not a first choice starter we immediately want to get rid. Can’t have it both ways. Praet is a quality player (don’t get into the number 1 ranked international side if they are rubbish) who we need to keep for just that reason.

this is always going to be a problem for us until we have enough players of Praets quality in the squad to be able to effectively rotate with different personnel and systems (not simply as an emergency to cover injuries) like the man cities of this world.

that said, I do wonder if he is still carrying some sort of injury/fitness issue like so many of our players but wouldn’t blame him if he pushed for a move to get more regular game time if it’s not happening for him here for whatever reason.

I don't want him to leave, I simply think he will because Rodgers seems terminally against playing him. I would be happy if he stayed, although we would have an exceptionally busy midfield if he did; Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet, Soumaré, Dewsbury-Hall, and Mendy all for about two positions in midfield, sometimes three. Maybe Dewsbury-Hall would go on loan to a PL club like Crystal Palace or something.

I'm torn on whether I want him to leave or not, though it's a lock he will.  He's a wonderful player to watch and quite distinct from anyone else we have in midfield, but OTOH he deserves to play for a club that values him.  For his sake I'll probably be happy when we sell him, but not without some serious regret.

• Like 4

Think it’s pretty clear Rodgers doesn’t see him as a 10, and neither do I. He’s competition for Youri’s place, and he’s been undroppable.

Edited by Beechey

I think he’s a classy player and offers something else, great composure and intelligent forward runs off the ball. 

With the amount of injuries we’ve had, and with Youri likely to start every game for Belgium, surely we keep Praet, who, from memory, didn’t cost a ridiculous amount, - in case the Star Man picks up a knock at the Euros?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I think he’s a classy player and offers something else, great composure and intelligent forward runs off the ball. 

With the amount of injuries we’ve had, and with Youri likely to start every game for Belgium, surely we keep Praet, who, from memory, didn’t cost a ridiculous amount, - in case the Star Man picks up a knock at the Euros?

....when it was announced that he was coming here, there was talk from abroad that he would be competion for Youri and could prove to be a better player!!!

He just has not had the run in the team to develop any kind of understanding with our players, and as such can not be expected to hit any kind of form, akin to his talents.

I feel it will be in his best interest if he should leave, and if there is a difference of opinion between him and Rodgers then it is pointless him being here.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Unabomber said:

If Praet does leave I’d like him to stay in the prem so I can see how he gets on playing regularly.

Me too actually. Soumare against him will be a laugh.

32 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

If the interests and intentions of the player were irrelevant, sure.  But they're not, especially a player of Praet's experience and resume.  No way he's content to waste the prime of his career playing for a manager who doesn't want to use him.

Is it a coincidence that the season after we get rid of our experienced head Physio, we have several players struggling to get back to full fitness after an injury lay off?

Edited by MPH

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Is it a coincidence that the season after we get rid of our experienced head Physio, we have several players struggling to get back to full fitness after an injury lay off?

...we have had this conversation before!!!

The consensus  being the quick turn around, lack of pre-season, has contributed to our injury problems and the same has been experienced throughout the leagues. While some clubs have not been affected to any great amount, their deep squads have made them almost impervious to  this malaise.

I personally believe there has been an impact with Rennie leaving, and perhaps practices or arguments surrounding bringing back players ahead of schedule in respect of injuries have lessened the friction around the club.

42 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Sounds like a player who is going nowhere ...  and that for me is good news ! ...   :thumbup:

F6587E2B-C9BC-4938-8821-BF4847F41820.jpeg

interesting but there were games when he could've been brought on to give him game time to build his fitness up. 3-0 up against West Brom for example was the perfect chance to give him some game time and bring Youri off to give him a bit of rest

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Sounds like a player who is going nowhere ...  and that for me is good news ! ...   :thumbup:

F6587E2B-C9BC-4938-8821-BF4847F41820.jpeg

I guess the frustrating thing is Rodgers said he couldn’t get up to speed due to lack of games. But Madders and Perez were given ample game time to "get back up to speed" after injuries. I think Rodgers even said as much about Maddison in interviews that he needed game time.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Or is it no coincidence that all teams have generally suffered more injuries due to the demands of playing 2 seasons almost back to back, with midweek and weekend games for large parts of this season, with crazy tv scheduling.

I’m not questioning the amount of injuries  or how we got them but the seemingly lack of ability in helping our players recover from them

Edited by MPH

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’m not questioning the amount of injuries  or how we got them but the seemingly lack of ability in helping our players recover from them

Yes, I take your point on this. I think what is frustrating is either BR is given wrong Information or information he doesn't want to share as he often states players will be out for several weeks, which in essence turns out to be much longer. 

8 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes, I take your point on this. I think what is frustrating is either BR is given wrong Information or information he doesn't want to share as he often states players will be out for several weeks, which in essence turns out to be much longer. 

BR did share something interesting with Maddison a few weeks back. He kept saying in an interview that “ he needs games”. And that the only way to get them is to play him. He’s not said that about Praet yet, unless I’m mistaken, I hadn’t seen praet  in the u23s or anything like that... so it has to make you wonder how he’s supposed to get match fit if he’s not playing?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

What a fascinating interpretation.

Can I ask:

a) which parts of his explanation do you disagree with?

b) what is it you've seen of Praet in a Leicester shirt that causes you to rate him so highly?

• Like 2

He’s not first choice in any position nor is he second choice in any particular position. He’s a third choice squad player worth less than £20 million at the peak of his career.

He can stay or go but he’s not a starter for us in a top 4 challenging club. :schlupp:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

He’s not first choice in any position nor is he second choice in any particular position. He’s a third choice squad player worth less than £20 million at the peak of his career.

He can stay or go but he’s not a starter for us in a top 4 challenging club. :schlupp:

Sorry Swanny but ..  nah ...   he’s a superb squad player and absolutely worth keeping. 

• Like 4