Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

40 minutes ago, LestaFox92 said:

Doesn't make any sense how he didn't get any game time when it was obvious we were lacking fresh legs even if he is leaving it's still surely a mutual benefit situation.

I am wondering, if he too, was still having problems with his injury...and was on the Team-list has last case...:dunno:

Fofana,Evans,Castagna,Ndidi ( Maybe Soyu) we kept their injuries low key, until the last, also when Not fully recovered and but  returned...

Edited by fuchsntf

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I am wondering, if he too, was still having problems with his injury...and was on the Team-list has last case...:dunno:

Fofana,Evans,Castagna,Ndidi ( Maybe Soyu) we kept their injuries low key, until the last, also when Not fully recovered and but  returned...

He said he was fine, just not being asked to play.

8 minutes ago, reynard said:

Back to Italy would seem the most likely option and we would be lucky to get back half what we paid for him. he's decent and I was surprised he didn't feature more from the bench.

Praet is perfect in the diamond formation that we've played and he's also great in tight spaces to the right of CM when we play teams with a high press. I'd be reluctant to let him go now that he's proved himself in the squad. He also shows an air of determination when he's on the field too.

• Like 2

The fact that Tielemans has been fit, in great form and no longer tires in games to the degree where he needs subbing has gone against Dennis as well as the wing back system, he's Ok on the right with a full back behind but not as a wing back himself. I do though agree he should have played during the run in for his freshness, a first half here, 30 mins sub there. Would like him to stay but he must be frustrated and seeing his career stalling or going backwards.

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

We constantly bemoan lack of quality in depth, yet when someone is not a first choice starter we immediately want to get rid. Can’t have it both ways. Praet is a quality player (don’t get into the number 1 ranked international side if they are rubbish) who we need to keep for just that reason.

this is always going to be a problem for us until we have enough players of Praets quality in the squad to be able to effectively rotate with different personnel and systems (not simply as an emergency to cover injuries) like the man cities of this world.

that said, I do wonder if he is still carrying some sort of injury/fitness issue like so many of our players but wouldn’t blame him if he pushed for a move to get more regular game time if it’s not happening for him here for whatever reason.

I don't think it's a case of us wanting to get rid - more a question over whether Praet will want to stay given his limited time on the pitch. Man City may be able to keep a squad full of quality players happy; it's not as easy for us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I don't think it's a case of us wanting to get rid - more a question over whether Praet will want to stay given his limited time on the pitch. Man City may be able to keep a squad full of quality players happy; it's not as easy for us.

Exactly. We need to keep him but he may want to go to play more regular football.

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

We constantly bemoan lack of quality in depth, yet when someone is not a first choice starter we immediately want to get rid. Can’t have it both ways. Praet is a quality player (don’t get into the number 1 ranked international side if they are rubbish) who we need to keep for just that reason.

this is always going to be a problem for us until we have enough players of Praets quality in the squad to be able to effectively rotate with different personnel and systems (not simply as an emergency to cover injuries) like the man cities of this world.

that said, I do wonder if he is still carrying some sort of injury/fitness issue like so many of our players but wouldn’t blame him if he pushed for a move to get more regular game time if it’s not happening for him here for whatever reason.

I don’t think anybody really wants to get rid of him, I think it’s more that we all respect him a lot and think he deserves to be first choice somewhere, and that’s not here. I also think he’s been quite underwhelming overall, he’s had some good games but lots of games where he’s largely ineffective. He’s a good all round player, but doesn’t seem to have any outstanding qualities and unfortunately I don’t think we’ll make that much money from him. I hope we’ll get at least £20m for him and Hamza, but that money is then already spent on Soumare so we may need to hope that KDH can step up. Or maybe we sign a right winger and a cam and just end up spending loads of money this summer.  

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Praet is perfect in the diamond formation that we've played and he's also great in tight spaces to the right of CM when we play teams with a high press. I'd be reluctant to let him go now that he's proved himself in the squad. He also shows an air of determination when he's on the field too.

...that will be down to Rodgers, and it has all the feeling of the Cengiz Under conundrum!!!

He (Rodgers) does not feel he can fit him into the team, without a certain setup  or their is a matter of trust and Rodgers is not prepared to send someone out, who will not be following instructions.

He proved himself in the squad last season, he just has not been given the game time to build on it.

5 hours ago, reynard said:

Back to Italy would seem the most likely option and we would be lucky to get back half what we paid for him. he's decent and I was surprised he didn't feature more from the bench.

We'd get more than £9m for him. I reckon it would be around £14m

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that will be down to Rodgers, and it has all the feeling of the Cengiz Under conundrum!!!

He (Rodgers) does not feel he can fit him into the team, without a certain setup  or their is a matter of trust and Rodgers is not prepared to send someone out, who will not be following instructions.

He proved himself in the squad last season, he just has not been given the game time to build on it.

Managers often have their "favourites" (players who are constantly picked even when they're not performing). 

Rodgers appears to have "unfavourites" like Under and Praet. 

5 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Managers often have their "favourites" (players who are constantly picked even when they're not performing). 

In fairness Under has NOT done well and hasn’t performed to expectations when picked.

22 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

As I've noted before, Rodgers likes players (like Perez or Albrighton, for example) who are always where he expects them to be.  Guys like Praet who more in the total football mindset of popping up in unexpected places are never going to be in his circle of trust.

Guest SO1
26 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

With all due respect.  Rodgers appears to pick players who he sees perform all week in practice and feels will produce the results he desires. No drama for me just business. :)

This one is just peculiar to me. Early season he was viewed as a starter and integral. It was only his injury that dropped him out. So either he's come back from rehab and is just not ticking. Or Rogers just didn't think he'd add anything to his preferred formation / starting 11. If it's the latter, and bare in mind that clown Ayoze has played plenty lately. Then I think it best that Dennis moves on. Sad situation. But sometimes players and managers don't click. 

11 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

As I've noted before, Rodgers likes players (like Perez or Albrighton, for example) who are always where he expects them to be.  Guys like Praet who more in the total football mindset of popping up in unexpected places are never going to be in his circle of trust.

Interesting point. You may well be right.

5 hours ago, urban fox said:

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

5 hours ago, reynard said:

Exactly. We need to keep him but he may want to go to play more regular football.

agree ...All reasonable thoughts....

But, IMO a player like Praet, this season will see more game time, hence more chance & potential, to prove any  "deserved & earnt"  further starts.

We have from season begin, another long season, with immediate needs on 3 fronts, PL, Europe, League-cup.  Then from January the 4th...defending

'our' FA.cup.  This is when players like Praet become gold-worth, knows the squad & club, is up to pace with thoughts & team/squad needs.

Rodgers has mentioned him in dispatches, and respect his qualities.

Next season is again a new start , and reset in each player's potential for manager & team evaluation...

Just my opinion, but I cant see any reason, why we wont need the skills that Praet brings to the table...

i always look to the positive seeing every player has the chance to up their anti for the next campaign...and this lad does  bring positives to the table...

Nacho...Mendy,..Justin..Albrighton (again), took steps & upped & shown their needed qualities at important various stages of last season.

Praet also had his moments...

I Hope the Club ,Fans und player himself ...wants him to stay...He will get at least 20+ games, if we have a good season.

He finds an extra quality niche for team & himself, even more..