Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

SFE says he wants out. Wouldn’t be completely surprised but not sure on Sean’s track record with signings? 

With Soumaré looking close to being done and KDH back from loan we could have the below as midfield options next season. If we could recoup £15/ £20 mil for him then I wouldn’t begrudge him the move. Is a good player but maybe not quite starting quality for a top 6 competing side as we are now!!! Hamza to fetch c. £10 mil as well and we could be looking at a small profit and improved midfield options and potential. 

Ndidi / Soumaré / Mendy

Tielemans / KDH 

Maddison / Perez 

6 minutes ago, Hales said:

SFE was the guy that broke the alleged spit incident wasn't he? I'm not sure I'd listen to much he says?!

he was also the one who had  been absolutely spot on with the team sheet for many months...

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'd like Praet to stay and extend his contract from 2 more years to 3 years. He tracks back, defends and is quicker than the above 2 and his passing range is excellent especially in tight spaces.

Sometimes people forget that he was a regular starting 11 until his injury and I believe that he hasn't played since because we've gone to a 2 up top formation that was working well at the time.

At 27 I don't think we'll claw back the £18mil we spent on him plus with europa league then he's of a high enough standard to be retained in the team. 

With choudhury and mendy likely to go, I think it'll be a mistake to take another midfielder out of the equation especially when they've proved themselves.

I agree, but you can understand why he probably wants to leave. Sitting on our bench for another season, whilst in his prime, isn't that appealing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

I'd like Praet to stay and extend his contract from 2 more years to 3 years. He tracks back, defends and is quicker than the above 2 and his passing range is excellent especially in tight spaces.

Sometimes people forget that he was a regular starting 11 until his injury and I believe that he hasn't played since because we've gone to a 2 up top formation that was working well at the time.

At 27 I don't think we'll claw back the £18mil we spent on him plus with europa league then he's of a high enough standard to be retained in the team. 

With choudhury and mendy likely to go, I think it'll be a mistake to take another midfielder out of the equation especially when they've proved themselves.

would love for Praet to stay but all down to whether he's happy with being a squad player. Assuming Soumare can cover the Ndidi role more effectively than Mendy, he'd be the one to move on along with Hamza who wants the game time. 

Edited by turlo
typo

He's a decent player, I'm just not sure which role in our team he occupies. As far as I can tell he's not a natural stand-in for Maddison at 10, Tielemans as a playmaker or Wilf holding. He did an alright job as a makeshift winger but we struggle enough for goals and creativity from wide as it is without deploying someone there who doesn't provide much of either with any regularity. Maybe a good option in the diamond we wheel out about once a year?

Fair enough if he wants to leave but I don't think I'd be heartbroken with KDH back in the fold and Soumaré apparently as good as signed. Equally, fair enough if he wants to stay and imagines himself staying fit and playing more games next season. I don't think we'd do a great deal better as a rotation option and similarly I don't think I really fancy his chances of establishing himself as a first team regular at anyone equivalent to or better than us.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think we can do better than him to be honest. He's what I imagine a fit Matty James would be like.

That's a good imagination.... i don't think matty James would have troubled the Belgium squad, if eligible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think we can do better than him to be honest. He's what I imagine a fit Matty James would be like.

He’s absolute worlds apart from James. We’re yet to see the very best of Praet and he is a really good European midfielder- I’m utterly convinced of that, but whether we ever will see the best of him is another matter

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

How do you know he's 100 percent gone? 100 percent gone where? 

Somewhere that isn't going to bury him behind players who aren't nearly as good?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

All very well saying he’s gone but someone actually has to bid for him. We’l be lucky to recoup what we paid 

Lordy, that isn't going to be a problem.  Having underutilized him so dreadfully will certainly allow other clubs to lowball us, but there will be plenty of European clubs willing to offer 15-20 million.  Just because Rodgers doesn't see his value doesn't mean the rest of the world is as myopic.

• Haha 2

To be honest he was a gamble signing that hasn’t paid off, he’s not really known for his attacking skills, as he mostly was deployed in a deep midfield role for Sampdoria in a diamond.

I think Brendan was hoping he could be more attacking but his lack of pace has held him back.

If we can get near the £18 million back then that would be good business.

• Like 1

would prefer to keep him over the likes of Mendy (upgraded with Soumare) but will probably want to leave for more game time. It's a shame he was injured back in January as feel he could've been used to rotate with Youri in certain games, which would got some rest into Youri's legs as well. Could've been used more in the run in to get his fitness up and give crest to others ie West Brom where we were 3 nill up at half time.  

He’s just another player that Rodgers , discarded , Rodgers cried when he was injured and then when he was fit he left him too rot on the bench , no wonder we missed the top 4 , we ran our 1st pick players into the ground . 

• Haha 1