Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

Never said he wasn’t worth keeping but he’s a squad player. All this gushing over him is a bit mad. Just trying to inject some realism.

He's made very little impact on any game I can think of. Tidy player and good squad option but a player who's rated highly based on games he's not featured in.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He could, but Leeds are a project on the up in fairness, wouldn't be surprised if they continued to overachieve the next couple of seasons. I do take your point though.

He could do worse than playing for a legendary manager and a club that should be on the fringe of Europa contention.  But more likely he signs with a CL or CL-adjacent side in Italy.

I like Praet. Shame he wasn’t fit when Maddison was out. I’d have liked to have seen us with 4-2-3-1 or something with Praet alongside Ndidi. Or a central 3 with Youri and Ndidi.

We don’t really have the wingers for that either though.

• Like 1

Can we lock This thread until some concrete news?  I go all wide-eyed every time I see it at the top of the transfer section. lol

Have actually had  any concrete links to him possibly leaving?

The fundamental thing is contracted players rarely leave for less money. The chance of more game time is certainly attractive but the money has to be right. You can't force a player out unless you fully pay up his contract. 

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

Can we lock This thread until some concrete news?  I go all wide-eyed every time I see it at the top of the transfer section. lol

Have actually had  any concrete links to him possibly leaving?

Nothing concrete other than a twitter report a couple of weeks back saying Seville where interested. I think a lot is presumption he may want to go or Brendan wants to sell due to the weird lack of game time? Brendan has since explained a little why he wasn't used and Dennis has said he was frustrated at trying to fight back into the team as any player would that just wants to play.

I hope he stays. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bald reynard said:

It would be a shame to see Praet move on as he is the exact quality of player we need for squad depth to cope with Domestic and European football. Could be a case of him wanting more regular first team football. 

• Like 2

I really like Praet and he has more to offer than Perez. 

I just think Rodgers has concluded that he can't play Maddison and Praet in the same team as they're too similar.

Maybe it's Praet's off the ball work or his relative lack of pace that's holding him back.

But the quality is clearly there, and he linked up really nicely with Castagne at the start of the season so might be an option on the right hand side in a 4-3-3.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I really like Praet and he has more to offer than Perez. 

I just think Rodgers has concluded that he can't play Maddison and Praet in the same team as they're too similar.

Maybe it's Praet's off the ball work or his relative lack of pace that's holding him back.

But the quality is clearly there, and he linked up really nicely with Castagne at the start of the season so might be an option on the right hand side in a 4-3-3.

My Gran offers more than Perez..

..and she's been dead for 30 years.