Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/4026-jack-grealish/page/2173/

If you want a laugh.....its a global media conspiracy that Grealish is being linked with a bigger club and he wants to complete hes dream of leading villa out in the europa league.

I still don’t see the hype. He’s stepped up this season but the way they talk about him and the media do is like he’s world class Ronaldo Messi level.

he’s a good prem player who isn’t particularly quick but has great ball control and strength but he dives like a bitch all the time. I hate watching him.

Just now, jmono84 said:

I still don’t see the hype. He’s stepped up this season but the way they talk about him and the media do is like he’s world class Ronaldo Messi level.

he’s a good prem player who isn’t particularly quick but has great ball control and strength but he dives like a bitch all the time. I hate watching him.

I agree with you too - for all the hype around him in an England shirt hes not scored a goal or got an assist yet has he? He's good but another hyped up English player.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I agree with you too - for all the hype around him in an England shirt hes not scored a goal or got an assist yet has he? He's good but another hyped up English player.

He’s had a big hand in the last two goals for England but you’re factually correct. He’s quite exciting to watch for me, when was the last player that England had that you felt was exciting to watch? 

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Thought it was pretty much a done deal

Everything suggested it was all but complete.

"Santo is understood to have been hugely impressed with the project Palace have in place during his discussions with club officials."

This is an interesting line, as surely he wouldn't drop late night demands if he was very interested in the job 

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is an interesting line, as surely he wouldn't drop late night demands if he was very interested in the job 

You are aware of who his agent is right? lol 

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Judging from the past few seasons, the Everton job seems like a poisoned chalice; high expectations leading to seemingly failure.

I don't think it's that simple in all honesty, there's definitely something more to it. The recruitment has been poor through every manager in recent time now, and money is blindly chucked at the squad. I'd say any manager coming in would have issues with that aspect, as well as the high expectations.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're about to sign two highly rated French under 21 players.....are we not improving as well?

Chelsea spent 250m last summer and still only got one more point. Doesn't always work like this. To be honest about 70% of signings don't come off in the first season - look at Werner for example.

This is the 'hidden' side of big money spending. It's obligatory to spend huge amounts to retain the attention of the media, the plastic followers and the neutrals. This is the tiger they've chosen to hold the tail of. The media foment this - how many seasons have Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland been on the brink of joining United et al?

It often fails, more than it should given the vast amounts. Griezemann and Coutinho have been relative failures at Barca. 

A point is reached where the law of diminishing returns is inevitably reached. Cloughie knew that a team could be created out of unpromising material - by careful selection of 'components'. 

No matter how much the media like our image (we'll probably soon get the nickname 'the 5th Placers') of not quite getting there, we know that we outperformed all those clubs which finished ahead of us. The manner in which the team adjusted to injuries to significant players - in spite of a lack of depth in the squad, made Liverpool look like whingers. If you have to do that to save face because all your resources haven't worked then it illustrates that there isn't such a divide.

I'm very eager to see how the new signings perform in a squad which will have returned by Christmas (as far as JJ is concerned) to full fitness.

Bar Man City I think those CL places won't be as difficult to achieve as some on here believe.

Leicester are a transformed club - deference to the big clubs is no longer the name of the game.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I for one am deeply shocked that they opted for a Portuguese manager....

I looked at his credentials and they aren’t that impressive… yes in won the Portuguese league but he only took the job in January that year and was sacked after failing the next season. Other than that he was an assistant manager or youth coach 

58 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Appears that it's related to his backroom entourage and their contracts

Didn't they realise he has about 45 people in his backroom staff?

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Apparently Lee Mason is retiring from being  an active ref. Yay :trumpet: 

Unfortunately he's failing upwards and will be a designated VAR ref. :(

Worst ref in the league mate. Shame they go up to VAR when they retire from on field now.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

He’s had a big hand in the last two goals for England but you’re factually correct. He’s quite exciting to watch for me, when was the last player that England had that you felt was exciting to watch? 

I always expect him to fall over inexplicably. Hes so good because of how physical he is but when someone is just as physical back he dives. I largely see a cheat

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Foden.

• Haha 1