Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

47 minutes ago, ShadowKing said:

I thought Woodward left?

yep just checked he was due to leave at the end of the season so might've gone now. His accountant mate Matt Judge has taken over transfer and contract negotiations in full, who was apparently very involved before. Would just be funny if there is a repeat of last summer where all the reports were terms were agreed with Sancho at the start of the summer but never got close to Dortmund's valuation. Reports today are that Utds initial bid is 20 mill short of the asking price and Dortmund  won't budge like they wouldn't last summer

8 minutes ago, turlo said:

yep just checked he was due to leave at the end of the season so might've gone now. His accountant mate Matt Judge has taken over transfer and contract negotiations in full, who was apparently very involved before. Would just be funny if there is a repeat of last summer where all the reports were terms were agreed with Sancho at the start of the summer but never got close to Dortmund's valuation. Reports today are that Utds initial bid is 20 mill short of the asking price and Dortmund  won't budge like they wouldn't last summer

Why should they?  Their player. Their terms. Utd cough up or fuch off. Simples. 

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Why should they?  Their player. Their terms. Utd cough up or fuch off. Simples. 

Hopefully they've not learned from last years failure and waste most of this summer trying to negotiate down the price, missing out on their other targets in the process. 

Fonseca's not as bad as people are making out. He plays a mid-press possession based 4-2-3-1. Pep was a big fan of his Shaktar team. It wouldn't surprise me at all for him to be a success there and get them back into Europe. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Guest said:

Think it's a bit early for the Spurs gloating frankly. We'd maybe have grounds to take the piss out of them for being #bottlers if we hadn't thrown away Champions League football twice in a row, or for being deluded if this forum weren't full of people who are convinced we're an established top four mega club having finished in the top four once. Given a full season without a manager who openly hates all his players, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they finish above us. It's not as if they're lining up Dave Hockaday, is it?

Beggars belief how weird and obsessive a persistent few on here are about them tbh. The same brainless and shite patter for a full five years now, even after we have lost any kind of leg to stand on about it by a long chalk.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Guest said:

Think it's a bit early for the Spurs gloating frankly. We'd maybe have grounds to take the piss out of them for being #bottlers if we hadn't thrown away Champions League football twice in a row, or for being deluded if this forum weren't full of people who are convinced we're an established top four mega club having finished in the top four once. Given a full season without a manager who openly hates all his players, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they finish above us. It's not as if they're lining up Dave Hockaday, is it?

You appear to forget we have actually won something! Don’t get carried away with this top 4 narrative, bottlers don’t win trophies!

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Guest said:

I don’t get this bottlers narrative about us from last season, we wasn’t mikes ahead and we didn’t have enough  depth within our squad because of injuries and unfortunately fell over just before the finish line lol 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

For me it depends massively on forces outside Fonseca's control. 

If they line up on opening day with a front three from Kane, Son, Moura and Bergwijn then they should be a threat under any manager interested in actually attacking. 

You look at the midfield and their defence though and things start looking a lot less impressive, which means if they're going to be looking to make net transfer profit and sell one or two of that four? Eh. Good luck to em. 

Sentimental attachment to Vardy and deep loathing of Kane and Son aside, I'd swap their forwards for ours in a heart beat. The rest of our squad is objectively stronger than theirs all over the rest of the park mind and our gaffer is a much better coach. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

You appear to forget we have actually won something! Don’t get carried away with this top 4 narrative, bottlers don’t win trophies!

I'm not getting carried away with any narrative. I hate the widespread use of the word "bottling" to mean anything short of total success. Sometimes teams achieve exactly what they're aiming to, most of the time they don't. They've had a pretty good decade or so punctuated by a few dodgy appointments and signings, so I'm not having that they're some sort of laughing stock because their owner is a melt and they fell away from a title race that they weren't really in to begin with.

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

I don’t get this bottlers narrative about us from last season, we wasn’t mikes ahead and we didn’t have enough  depth within our squad because of injuries and unfortunately fell over just before the finish line lol 

I agree completely.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Fonseca's not as bad as people are making out. He plays a mid-press possession based 4-2-3-1. Pep was a big fan of his Shaktar team. It wouldn't surprise me at all for him to be a success there and get them back into Europe. 

Oooo, don’t like the sound of that…

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Looks like Norwich have dropped their new sponsor 

Shame really, if they got Delia involved to do the cooking, those hot dog swallowing contests would be decent. :trumpet:

Jokes aside, just goes to show how fast a huge chunk of clubs are to sell their soul to relatively unknown overseas betting firms the moment the cash is wafted before them. Said it at the time, but while some here have their reservations at FBS being a stocks company, that's still far and away preferable to the murky underworld of the Asian gambling market.

5 hours ago, Guest said:

We've won 2 major honours since they last scabbed a league Cup. Regardless of how much of a pigs ear we make of things we have every right to give them all manner of shit.

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's true though.

If Spurs had managed to lose out on the top 4 on the final week for the past two seasons you'd have all been laughing your bollocks off calling them bottlers. 

i struggle to see what they have even bottled tbh. maybe the champions league final where they were poor? us not making top 4 in the 2019/2020 season with a 14 point gap is the bottle of bottle jobs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i struggle to see what they have even bottled tbh. maybe the champions league final where they were poor? us not making top 4 in the 2019/2020 season with a 14 point gap is the bottle of bottle jobs.

Spurs never bottled 15/16 because they never led the league. If we overtook them to get to 1st I'd understand but they were 2nd for most of the season.

• Like 1