Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

For certain? 

I'm not so sure. 

They get their recruitment on point fairly regularly and I think they're set up quite solidly to survive and then stay in PL for a couple of seasons at least. They shouldn't be underestimated. 

I just think there is a lot of wishful thinking with regard to Brentford as we all admire them as a club, and it's brilliant that they're in the Prem.

They were comfortably behind the top 2 last season in the Champs and flattered to deceive when pushing for promotion the previous 2 seasons, but for some reason which I can only put down to romanticism, there seems to be the thought amongst many that they will somehow leapfrog those 2 clubs, as well as at least one other to be safe (as an aside I think all the promoted teams will struggle). 

In addition its slightly different recruiting well to compete in the Champs as it is to make yourself safe in the Prem, especially when you haven't got money to burn. 

Don't get me wrong I'd love them to survive next season and then thrive, as I love the way they do things and admire them greatly. I just can't see it unfortunately.  Hope I'm wrong as we need more underdog stories in football. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I just spat out my coffee. There's a wage structure at Chelsea?!?  Chillys taking home 190k a week lol

Is that structure something to do with only overpaying useless lumps?

Chelsea wages revealed with top earner Kai Havertz banking whopping £7.4m  for only Premier League goal

bit misleading ..... no way is silva on 100k/week when he signed on a free.  so where is the s/o fee ???  

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I just spat out my coffee. There's a wage structure at Chelsea?!?  Chillys taking home 190k a week lol

Chelsea wages revealed with top earner Kai Havertz banking whopping £7.4m  for only Premier League goal

Mendy should definitely be having a word with the hierarchy, he's on half what Arrizabalaga is on lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Why not?

cos he would want more than 100k/week.   especially when chelsea controlled the second year option.   of course there could have been a couple mill s/o fee in which case the 100k is effectively a lot higher. chilly may have not had much of a s/o fee so his high salary reflects that.  its difficult to compare eggs and apples when looking at players wages

40 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Drinkwater’s on about 120k as well. 

55 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Disagree. I think Brentford will stay up. Comfortably 

I agree. They're a small team without a top tier history that will be underestimated by a lot of established teams in the PL. Teams will play them as if it's an easy 3 pointer but will be faced with a team fully focused. Like any of these teams coming up it's better to get as many points as possible in the first half of the season before they tire and other teams work them out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

Disagree. I think Brentford will stay up. Comfortably 

They will need to get off to a good start and Toney will need to reproduce his Championship goal stats. Could potentially do a Huddersfield type first season. 

Who do we reckon the biggest joke/embarrassing team is currently in the prem? I would prob say arsenal. When I was a kid they were the best with Henry etc and now they are losing out to Villa for championship player signings.