Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

If Chelsea get Haaland, may as well just close 3 of the top 4 places off already. 

I do think in hindsight we will resent those blown chances a bit - Chelsea were there for the taking, as were Man Utd in 2019/20 and Liverpool in 2020/21. It's a shame, because I feel we could get 70/71 points this season coming and miss out again.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Their last trophy was in 1995. 80% of our trophies have come since then. 

On the Grand Old Team forum there’s already a thread called “Is next season a write off”

The first replies just says “every season is”.

Sums. It. Up. 

How many clubs have won all three domestic trophies since the turn of the century ? 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How many clubs have won all three domestic trophies since the turn of the century ? 

Man City 

Chelsea

Liverpool 

Man Utd 

Leicester 

Arsenal haven't won a league Cup since 1993 :o

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

From memory its:

Man Utd

Man City

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal's league cup record is awful for a club of their side, think they last won it in 1993.

Edited by Nalis
And us, obviously

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do think in hindsight we will resent those blown chances a bit - Chelsea were there for the taking, as were Man Utd in 2019/20 and Liverpool in 2020/21. It's a shame, because I feel we could get 70/71 points this season coming and miss out again.

People say that every season but 3 or 4 of the big boys underachieve every year. People alway go on during the transfer windows like certain signings will make teams unbeatable but in reality it means nothing. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Man City 

Chelsea

Liverpool 

Man Utd 

Leicester 

There is a financial big six but there isn’t a trophy winning big six …… Spurs are actually a competitive embarrassment!!! 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is a financial big six but there isn’t a trophy winning big six …… Spurs are actually a competitive embarrassment!!! 

Yep! Since football began in 1992, only one trophy won! 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Man City 

Chelsea

Liverpool 

Man Utd 

Leicester 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

From memory its:

Man Utd

Man City

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal's league cup record is awful for a club of their side, think they last won it in 1993.

We’re also the only club to have won the top 3 tiers of English football since 2000.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah agree with this. I'd be job smacked if we spend prolonged periods in the top four like we did the last two seasons given the names being touted round last year's top 4. Can't be frustrated with missing out though as we played Leyton Orient in 2008. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah agree with this. I'd be job smacked if we spend prolonged periods in the top four like we did the last two seasons given the names being touted round last year's top 4. Can't be frustrated with missing out though as we played Leyton Orient in 2008. 

Sit below the top 4 all season until the last game or two then sneak in under the radar . :yesyes::scarf:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It is a fantastic stadium but its a football stadium for Tottenham. That's sad to read to be honest. 

This is the exact reason Tottenham will never be successful on the field. They are filled with business men, who prioritise making money. The business plan they have in place, does not depend on onfield success the way other clubs do.

I could honestly see a point, whereby if NFL kicked off in a big way, with WHL the centre for this outside the states as they want, coupled with a Tottenham side being relegated or struggling that there is a move to kick Spurs out of their own ground in favour of NFL which would be horrendous. 
For anyone who thinks Spurs couldn’t get relegated, arguably historically they are a smaller or at least on par club with Leeds and Aston Villa. They’ve had a decent 10 years - with nothing to show for it. 
If Kane goes and they make a poor manager appointment - does anyone want to go there? They could easily slide behind all of the current top 6, plus Villa, Leeds, Arsenal, even Everton. A few years out of Europe and it’s a slippery slope.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

This is the exact reason Tottenham will never be successful on the field. They are filled with business men, who prioritise making money. The business plan they have in place, does not depend on onfield success the way other clubs do.

I could honestly see a point, whereby if NFL kicked off in a big way, with WHL the centre for this outside the states as they want, coupled with a Tottenham side being relegated or struggling that there is a move to kick Spurs out of their own ground in favour of NFL which would be horrendous. 
For anyone who thinks Spurs couldn’t get relegated, arguably historically they are a smaller or at least on par club with Leeds and Aston Villa. They’ve had a decent 10 years - with nothing to show for it. 
If Kane goes and they make a poor manager appointment - does anyone want to go there? They could easily slide behind all of the current top 6, plus Villa, Leeds, Arsenal, even Everton. A few years out of Europe and it’s a slippery slope.

If Spurs end up following the Coventry model I will be so ****ing happy.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Sit below the top 4 all season until the last game or two then sneak in under the radar . :yesyes::scarf:

This.  The manner in which the past two seasons have happened has just encouraged our competitors to go for broke seeing that they can catch us, rather than get complacent lying ahead of us...

Though we do need more depth if we want to maintain a squad that can take on multiple competitions for a whole season...  (Especially if we have injuries to key players :( )   Hopefully we'll have a good transfer window this year :fc:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Bear said:

That's one hell of a tough job he's got on his hands there. 

Looks like the line about spending more time with his family was just a spin then to save face rather than sack him?

Tough job that's for sure, will sit back and hit teams on the break like Wolves did surely.