Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who do we reckon the biggest joke/embarrassing team is currently in the prem? I would prob say arsenal. When I was a kid they were the best with Henry etc and now they are losing out to Villa for championship player signings. 

Certainly out of Spurs, arsenal and Everton… Spurs can’t even find a manager at the moment, and Kane is desperate to get out. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

Definitely Everton for me. The amount of money they spend to finish consistently outside the European places is embarrassing. Having a coach walk out for half the salary (even to Real) is embarrassing. Spending such large sums on players like Richarlison is embarrassing. The way the fans go on like they are an elite club is embarrassing. I could go on all day!

Yeah good shout I forgot about them. They are an absolute shower of shit. All this hype last season and they finished 10th. Also their fans thinking the majority of their players get in to our team...They are very deluded. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Certainly out of Spurs, arsenal and Everton… Spurs can’t even find a manager at the moment, and Kane is desperate to get out. 

Yeah think they are the top 3 for sure. Spurs fans live in another world 

21 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who do we reckon the biggest joke/embarrassing team is currently in the prem? I would prob say arsenal. When I was a kid they were the best with Henry etc and now they are losing out to Villa for championship player signings. 

They were second or third in second half of the season table ?

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They were second or third in second half of the season table ?

Oooooo well done Arsenal you came second or third in the second half of the season table

Edited by Unabomber
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Arsenal or Everton.

Everton are heading towards irrelevance. Can't think of anything of note they've done that's worthwhile in the past 15-20 years? They had a decent-ish era with the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Osman, Johnson, Yakubu around mid/late 00s but even then, their best finish was 4th and they didn't really do much in Europe.

They've spent a fvck load each summer for absolutely no return in the past few years. That is embarrassing because they've tried to replicate the spending of bigger clubs than them, and haven't been able to produce on-field results. They had a golden chance to buy the right players when they sold Lukaku but they bought very badly overall. Paid over the odds for several players. Then they fork out a fvck load for Ancelotti and he does a runner after his first full season.

Arsenal because their stock has fallen so badly yet their fans have become the Liverpool of the Premier League (before they won the league) 'next season we will challenge, next season we will be back'. And similar to Everton, they buy really, really badly. They go for the marquee signings, sign them on ridiculously high wages and don't have the success to show for it. Then they're stuck with those players (Ozil) until their contracts run out and they lose them for free. I still have to pinch myself and find it bizarre that we won the PL before they won it again since 2004. They've not seen a PL win since they moved to their new stadium. We've been in the third tier and came back up and won it before they did ever again. Surreal. 

Arsenal fans have a lot of difficulty in trying to accept their club, at the moment, is not what it once was. They are a million miles away from that very, very attractive and entertaining side with Henry, Petit, Pires, Overmars, Bergkamp etc. They use to be the trailblazers and club to follow the lead of. Now they're just a stepping stone of a club for players to go from to a bigger club, when before it used to be a club for players to achieve/look to achieve something special at. RVP, Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, Cole all moved away and won far more trophies than they did or would have done at Arsenal, just to name a few. From what they were to what they are now and because their fans still think they are the dog's bollocks, they are a joke of a club.

• Like 2

It's now been nearly 2 months since Mourinho was sacked and Spurs have publicly been rejected by their second choice manager and unable to approach their first, while Jose has a job lined up at Roma. 

For a team that got to UCL final and was consistently top 4 in the last five years, that's pretty bloody awful. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

There's no way Billy Gilmour is on more than Zouma. 

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I just spat out my coffee. There's a wage structure at Chelsea?!?  Chillys taking home 190k a week lol

Is that structure something to do with only overpaying useless lumps?

Chelsea wages revealed with top earner Kai Havertz banking whopping £7.4m  for only Premier League goal

He is see below 

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Definitely Everton for me. The amount of money they spend to finish consistently outside the European places is embarrassing. Having a coach walk out for half the salary (even to Real) is embarrassing. Spending such large sums on players like Richarlison is embarrassing. The way the fans go on like they are an elite club is embarrassing. I could go on all day!

Yeah I echo this. Must be utterly miserable supporting that club 

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Please do I need a good nights sleep 💤 🥺😀

4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Arsenal or Everton.

Everton are heading towards irrelevance. Can't think of anything of note they've done that's worthwhile in the past 15-20 years? They had a decent-ish era with the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Osman, Johnson, Yakubu around mid/late 00s but even then, their best finish was 4th and they didn't really do much in Europe.

They've spent a fvck load each summer for absolutely no return in the past few years. That is embarrassing because they've tried to replicate the spending of bigger clubs than them, and haven't been able to produce on-field results. They had a golden chance to buy the right players when they sold Lukaku but they bought very badly overall. Paid over the odds for several players. Then they fork out a fvck load for Ancelotti and he does a runner after his first full season.

Their last trophy was in 1995. 80% of our trophies have come since then. 

On the Grand Old Team forum there’s already a thread called “Is next season a write off”

The first replies just says “every season is”.

Sums. It. Up. 

• Haha 1