Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

43 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Looks like the line about spending more time with his family was just a spin then to save face rather than sack him?

Tough job that's for sure, will sit back and hit teams on the break like Wolves did surely.

That wasn't ever an official line, just what people had heard. Him getting another job so soon confirms he was sacked basically. 

• Thanks 1

Think Nuno is a smart move for Palace tbh. They've got a squad used to playing well organised, high pressing, defensive football. 

Hodgson was fvcking useless at taking it the extra step and turning it in to consistent, counter attacking threat. 

Nuno isn't exactly Klopp, Conte or Tuchel but he's a step in the right direction. They won't be the most exciting team in the league for a neutral but they should be doing more than relegation dodging also rans.

• Like 1

Big job for Nuno but I don't think either could've expected much better in this situation. It's a decent match.

Interesting how Nuno does in the transfer market, assuming their is less agent involvement. As they do need a fair few signings. 

Interesting Lampard hasn't gone there, I think he's waiting to see how the England job goes this summer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, peach0000 said:

People say that every season but 3 or 4 of the big boys underachieve every year. People alway go on during the transfer windows like certain signings will make teams unbeatable but in reality it means nothing. 

I do agree, sort of, but do think Chelsea & Liverpool in particular will be different beasts. Chelsea have already fixed themselves really, they only underachieved because of Lampard and the first half of the season. I see no reason Man City tail off, and Liverpool looked back their best towards the end too. I'd be amazed if we finished above any of those three.

Manchester United are the best chance. They've got by far the worst manager.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do agree, sort of, but do think Chelsea & Liverpool in particular will be different beasts. Chelsea have already fixed themselves really, they only underachieved because of Lampard and the first half of the season. I see no reason Man City tail off, and Liverpool looked back their best towards the end too. I'd be amazed if we finished above any of those three.

Manchester United are the best chance. They've got by far the worst manager.

Even United are only going to improve, tbf. When they're predictably fourth this year comfortably behind Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea then Ole will be replaced and Conte will get a job at the level he's holding out for. 

Edited by Finnegan

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Even United are only going to improve, tbf. When they're predictably fourth this year comfortably behind Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea then Ole will be replaced and Conte will get a job at the level he's holding out for. 

Sadly probably true. They do confuse me a bit though. I hardly ever watch them and think they look any good. They seem to be frequently fortunate to win.

They won't sack Solskjaer if he's 4th. They've proven many a time they don't care for winning anything. They're very much the new Arsenal.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We're about to sign two highly rated French under 21 players.....are we not improving as well?

Chelsea spent 250m last summer and still only got one more point. Doesn't always work like this. To be honest about 70% of signings don't come off in the first season - look at werner for example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Think Nuno is a smart move for Palace tbh. They've got a squad used to playing well organised, high pressing, defensive football. 

Hodgson was fvcking useless at taking it the extra step and turning it in to consistent, counter attacking threat. 

Nuno isn't exactly Klopp, Conte or Tuchel but he's a step in the right direction. They won't be the most exciting team in the league for a neutral but they should be doing more than relegation dodging also rans.

Why?  They've always been relegation-dodging also rans.  Except for the times when they've been relegated.

Palace are so jammy, everytime you think it’s their time to drop they get something right. Nuno will keep them up. It won’t be pretty but they won’t go down with him in charge. 

I can’t wait to see schlupp soaked in baby oil lol

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Looks like the line about spending more time with his family was just a spin then to save face rather than sack him?

Tough job that's for sure, will sit back and hit teams on the break like Wolves did surely.

Christ Simon Jordan hates attacking football doesnt he lol

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The problem for any manager is they need about 10 new players, it's a complete squad overhaul and although that's common in the EFL of a season with some teams in the PL it's almost unheard of except for promoted teams who often go straight back down. 

With the right recruitment they could be a good match for Nuno but they'll need a number of free transfers/loans or players of modest fees with a smattering of proper signings and thst will be a challenge. A lot of players available on a free this summer that don't already belong to Palace have likely lined moves up already.

That French striker that Leeds loaned whilst in the Championship, Jean-Kevin Augustin, had an obligation to buy should they be promoted by June 30th. They were promoted, but COVID shafted the season, and cos this lad was wank, Leeds tried to pull a fast one, and refused to pay. Now FIFA have sent Leeds a feck-u-2 notice to pay up.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thought he'd gone Nice? Galtier is class

Not sure, but wiki claims some Romanian bloke, Ursea, is manager of Nice

or is he temporary, as he was Assistant previously 

edit Sorry @Ric Flair seems you are right

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2021/lille-seeking-e5m-from-ogc-nice-for-christophe-galtier/

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thought he'd gone Nice? Galtier is class

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure, but wiki claims some Romanian bloke, Ursea, is manager of Nice

or is he temporary, as he was Assistant previously 

edit Sorry @Ric Flair seems you are right

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2021/lille-seeking-e5m-from-ogc-nice-for-christophe-galtier/

Apparently nothing formally signed, which is why the Everton links have come about.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Torten said:

Every season it looks like all the top clubs are sorted and we have no chance. There’s always one or two who fall away, keep the faith.

This.

A major injury to Fernandes, Salah, Kane, Kante or Dias and their respective teams could have much different seasons.

• Like 1