Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Matheus Pereira

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Honestly a cheap old head squad player would be fine if we go back to a 4.

We could wait a year and sign Tarkowski on a free.

All depends on if we go back to a 4 I guess.

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Hope that King Power have plenty of money for that quartet. Who's being sold? 

Time for KP to fund it if we're serious imo, especially with the relaxation of the rules. Owner cash injection has been relatively low for a good while and we've just used our sellable assets and future income to fund the growth. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm dubious as to whether we will, it's nice to dream though. They'd certainly have to do something we've not done since the championship though, and that's them fund player purchases. That said, if we are going to do it, then now is the time. 

Good manager and good squad, to really try and cement ourselves you'd pick now to do it. We've also got a lot of talent in the squad that we can knowingly cash in on if we want to claw some back. 

The links seem very strong and pretty much all make perfect sense as well. Not loads of random links in positions we don't need. I'm sure we can cash in on Hamza and Praet also right now if we wanted, so there's what £20/25m straight away. 

Edited by Babylon

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Time for KP to fund it if we're serious imo, especially with the relaxation of the rules. Owner cash injection has been relatively low for a good while and we've just used our sellable assets and future income to fund the growth. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I'm dubious as to whether we will, it's nice to dream though. They'd certainly have to do something we've not done since the championship though, and that's them fund player purchases. That said, if we are going to do it, then now is the time. 

Good manager and good squad, to really try and cement ourselves you'd pick now to do it. We've also got a lot of talent in the squad that we can knowingly cash in on if we want to claw some back. 

I'm guessing those 4 will cost over £100m plus wages so the sales of Ghezzal, Hamza and free'd up wages of James, Wes and Fuchs will barely cover a quarter of that outlay. 

King Power will most probably be servicing the stadium expansion (if it ever happens) loan so if they are to continue with the squad self sufficiency policy (topped up by the usual £20m odd) then one of our stars is likely to be sacrificed. Or we don't sign them. Probably. 

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm guessing those 4 will cost over £100m plus wages so the sales of Ghezzal, Hamza and free'd up wages of James, Wes and Fuchs will barely cover a quarter of that outlay. 

King Power will most probably be servicing the stadium expansion (if it ever happens) loan so if they are to continue with the squad self sufficiency policy (topped up by the usual £20m odd) then one of our stars is likely to be sacrificed. Or we don't sign them. Probably. 

KP secured a loan against future TV earnings for the stadium expansion no? So that's not cash they're injecting themselves. 

He would be an interesting signing as he's as much a play maker and creator as he is an attacking winger. A bit of a Mahrez type which we have evidently missed in recent years. A player of his skill set is likely to be what we are after who plays RW or ACM.

Any one of him, Madueke, Olise, Faivre, Blas or Trincao would be glorious.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

KP secured a loan against future TV earnings for the stadium expansion no? So that's not cash they're injecting themselves. 

Or was that for Seagrave? I've lost count. 

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Don't forget losing Slim, Silva, Gray as well. In terms of wages we'll have dropped plenty from the squad. As I say, Praet could possibly go as well if Soumare comes in. 

Obviously champions league money is massive as well if we get there £25/30m ish even going out in the groups, maybe even Euro money if you go into that. Higher placing would mean more money as well. 

And, obviously like you say we can sell someone. You can always buy now knowing you can sell an asset next summer. 

|Normally I'd say we won't do it, but the links just make perfect sense. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The second loan taken out with that Australian bank was after Seagrave was finished iirc. 

We've had several with them and then sorted out a longer term deal with Kingpower. I would imagine all infrastructure will be with Kingpower as it gives them a nice little earner, if the interest etc is right. 

20 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Silva, Slimani, Gray all left in the last 12 months. Jakupovic leaving aswell.

Champions league would cover the cost of having to sell a 'big player' but could see a Praet or Mendy leaving as well.

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

For obvious reasons, this summer is a complete one-off. Many clubs of that are more dependent on gate receipts (not TV money) are in dire financial  straits. It’s a buyers market.  

City realise that this summer could be a pivotal moment for our club and set us up for the foreseeable future. Hence I think we’ll spend big, especially if we get Champions League football.