Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Matheus Pereira

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That wasn't Mahrez's strongest suit. Pereira has skill, intelligence and strength , that will do for me.

Naah. He just doesn’t. Based on one awful team display that I could be arsed to watch today, he’s nowhere near the level we need. 

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Naah. He just doesn’t. Based on one awful team display that I could be arsed to watch today, he’s nowhere near the level we need. 

Be prepared to spend an awful lot of money then. There is very little out there of his type that will go for less than £40 million. Truth is we are not in that market . They want £80 million for Sancho!

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Be prepared to spend an awful lot of money then. There is very little out there of his type that will go for less than £40 million. Truth is we are not in that market . They want £80 million for Sancho!

You quoted Mahrez. He cost peanuts. We need to look harder. My personal opinion is this guy doesn’t have the raw ingredients. But where TF did the Sancho reference come from? Talk about taking a sledgehammer to a nut! 😳

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

You quoted Mahrez. He cost peanuts. We need to look harder. My personal opinion is this guy doesn’t have the raw ingredients. But where TF did the Sancho reference come from? Talk about taking a sledgehammer to a nut! 😳

We have tried time and time again to fill this spot and we are going to have to pay the going rate. Sancho is the gold standard , although he is no Neymar , Pereira is a solid player and at 20 million or so he is a big improvement on what we have. Mahrez is an absolute outlier , that won't happen again.

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Not got the best work rate from what I can see. 

I have noticed this about him, he's a flair player but he doesn't work hard for the team. Not sure that is what we would want. Then again, Mahrez was never that great in that respect either. 

1 hour ago, woznotwos said:

I have noticed this about him, he's a flair player but he doesn't work hard for the team. Not sure that is what we would want. Then again, Mahrez was never that great in that respect either. 

He’s been a machine for the past month though. He put in a real shift in the semi. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

On 16/05/2021 at 19:20, An Sionnach said:

We have tried time and time again to fill this spot and we are going to have to pay the going rate. Sancho is the gold standard , although he is no Neymar , Pereira is a solid player and at 20 million or so he is a big improvement on what we have. Mahrez is an absolute outlier , that won't happen again.

If Sancho is the gold standard than its value must have plummeted!

He’s barely doing anything noteworthy for England and the Bundesliga defences are notoriously leaky - Werner, Havertz, Jovic et al have been flattered. Sancho won’t get anywhere near the same numbers in the Prem as he gets in Germany.

9 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

He’s barely doing anything noteworthy for England and the Bundesliga defences are notoriously leaky - Werner, Havertz, Jovic et al have been flattered. Sancho won’t get anywhere near the same numbers in the Prem as he gets in Germany.

Lewandowski and haaland must be wank then

• Like 1

On 18/05/2021 at 07:39, ScrumpyJack said:

The guy who does the Trans Europe show on Talksport highly rates him. 

He genuinely shoots from corners. Not just the goal yesterday but look at the Liverpool game. 

who would be more perfect for a team who can’t score from corners.... sign a guy who scores them direct

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He genuinely shoots from corners. Not just the goal yesterday but look at the Liverpool game. 

who would be more perfect for a team who can’t score from corners.... sign a guy who scores them direct

It is all fun and games untill hes just tried to shoot from a corner for the 7th consecutive time in a 1-0 defeat at home to Burnley.

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

It is all fun and games untill hes just tried to shoot from a corner for the 7th consecutive time in a 1-0 defeat at home to Burnley.

Tbf I was just kidding I don’t think he actually is intending to score from it. It’s just a dangerous area to whip the ball in. If your attacker doesn’t get a head to it, the keeper is still going to have to deal with it. 

Either way, I’m sure it is something big Sam is telling him to do. Rather than him just going rogue. The fact he has the technical ability to do it, now that’s impressive. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

i'd still take it over 7 consecutive corners failing to clear the first man

• Like 4