Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d play him on the right on Saturday. We don’t play with a winger on the right, it’s more of an attacking midfielder role, playing narrow. He deserves a chance and playing on the right beds him in easily. 

Agreed. Hope he comes in for Perez and makes that place in the side his own

We do have to remember, that for as 'good' as he was at Luton, Norwich, who would consider themselves to have better midfielders, have been destroyed in midfield by Man City/Liverpool.

Perspective is needed about his ability.

I hate to say it, but with the level they've both played at, Soumare needs to be looked at first, as he was a regular at a side which won a domestic league, which is a fair bit stronger than the Championship. 

He made a difference when he came on, he has a lot of energy about his game. In fact he's got the Albrighton / Okazaki effect that if we are flat, he puts a jolt of energy back in the team. That's not to say he doesn't have quality on top of that, but I mean it as a very good compliment that he's got that hustle and bustle about him. Leicester are at the their crappest when we are flat, so players that can change that are very important.

Interesting that Rodgers chose him instead of Soumare today, and the sub was Maddison not Tielemans. Some have been saying we should start with KDH instead of Maddison... I don't think KDH is a number 10 at all, but you can always play a 433 instead of a 4231 if you played him instead.

Next game is against Man City. If Maddison plays so lackadaisically against them we will get battered, so it wouldn't surprise me if he rotates Maddison. The question would be would he do it for KDH or Soumare?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He made a difference when he came on, he has a lot of energy about his game. In fact he's got the Albrighton / Okazaki effect that if we are flat, he puts a jolt of energy back in the team. That's not to say he doesn't have quality on top of that, but I mean it as a very good compliment that he's got that hustle and bustle about him. Leicester are at the their crappest when we are flat, so players that can change that are very important.

Interesting that Rodgers chose him instead of Soumare today, and the sub was Maddison not Tielemans. Some have been saying we should start with KDH instead of Maddison... I don't think KDH is a number 10 at all, but you can always play a 433 instead of a 4231 if you played him instead.

Next game is against Man City. If Maddison plays so lackadaisically against them we will get battered, so it wouldn't surprise me if he rotates Maddison. The question would be would he do it for KDH or Soumare?

I think we need Ndidi and Soumare to keep Man city at bay but I'd probably play Kdh instead of youri he's looked knackered the past couple of weeks 

Worth a watch if you've not seen it yet just to see how happy Kiernan was! I love seeing videos like this, being a footballer is just a dream for all of us but seeing someone lucky enough to achieve it actually showing the emotion of what it means to get there is part of what makes the sport special in my opinion. I've been really impressed with him both as a player and a person, so it will be quite interesting to see what becomes of him. Best of luck to you KDH!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Worth a watch if you've not seen it yet just to see how happy Kiernan was! I love seeing videos like this, being a footballer is just a dream for all of us but seeing someone lucky enough to achieve it actually showing the emotion of what it means to get there is part of what makes the sport special in my opinion. I've been really impressed with him both as a player and a person, so it will be quite interesting to see what becomes of him. Best of luck to you KDH!

I absolutely love him. I feel a bit embarrassed that we weren't really aware of what a talent we had on our hands as much as 2 years ago. He is the real deal and his attitude and the way he plays the game will give him every chance of making it at the highest level.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I absolutely love him. I feel a bit embarrassed that we weren't really aware of what a talent we had on our hands as much as 2 years ago. He is the real deal and his attitude and the way he plays the game will give him every chance of making it at the highest level.

Really hope he gets his chance with us.. I worry about his chances of dislodging one of Rodgers undroppables!

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Thanks. I'm already a fan of his. I think it's clear that his attitude is spot on, and that he's ultra-determined to reach his full potential. I think he's got a big future ahead of him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How far do you reckon he will go?

I'm quite intrigued by him because he is MUCH better than I thought he was. When Harvey Barnes returned from his various loan spells the first time he looked lost, the second time he looked good but raw. But both times I thought he'd become another Albrighton in that he would be super reliable and give it everything, but wasn't convinced that he'd ever be a star player for us. Nowadays he's the super star of the young English players we have and it's Maddison that is the one that might not make it. In fact it made me laugh that against Norwich there were quite a few times when Barnes didn't play it to Maddison when he could have done. That was bad play, but it made me laugh because I remember Maddison and Chilwell often used to ignore Barnes on the pitch, but now the shoes on the other foot! lol

Luke Thomas looks very impressive. Better than Chilwell at the same age for me. Chilwell went on to become England's number 1 left back and sign for Chelsea. Bizarrely even though Thomas I think will be a better player for us, I don't think the will go that far, but that's only because currently he's not quite got the physicality to match his skill. Even though Chilwell got vilified by our fans many times (often fairly IMO), he has incredible stamina that is perfect for a modern day full back. Thomas might get there, but with Shaw and Chilwell already competing at national level, I don't think Thomas will do quite as well. He will be our first choice LB for years though.

So coming back to KDH. He's 22 right now, so one year younger than Barnes. But as of right now, his level is much better than Barnes' when Harvey returned from West Brom. KDH would be a starter for any team in the bottom 10 IMO based on what I saw in pre-season alone. He was very, very good. That's why I will be interested to see what he can do for us. At some point he's going to get a run of games and that's when he could take his chance.

It's a bit early to say but he could be a genuine first team player in 1-2 seasons time. I think his game is ideal for the Premier League. He's sort of a cross between Lennon and Izzet, in a good way.

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Really hope he gets his chance with us.. I worry about his chances of dislodging one of Rodgers undroppables!

He'll get enough minutes across all competitions. I think he'll get in for Maddison soon and although he's not a 10, maybe his all round game makes us better in the short term.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

How far do you reckon he will go?

I'm quite intrigued by him because he is MUCH better than I thought he was. When Harvey Barnes returned from his various loan spells the first time he looked lost, the second time he looked good but raw. But both times I thought he'd become another Albrighton in that he would be super reliable and give it everything, but wasn't convinced that he'd ever be a star player for us. Nowadays he's the super star of the young English players we have and it's Maddison that is the one that might not make it. In fact it made me laugh that against Norwich there were quite a few times when Barnes didn't play it to Maddison when he could have done. That was bad play, but it made me laugh because I remember Maddison and Chilwell often used to ignore Barnes on the pitch, but now the shoes on the other foot! lol

Luke Thomas looks very impressive. Better than Chilwell at the same age for me. Chilwell went on to become England's number 1 left back and sign for Chelsea. Bizarrely even though Thomas I think will be a better player for us, I don't think the will go that far, but that's only because currently he's not quite got the physicality to match his skill. Even though Chilwell got vilified by our fans many times (often fairly IMO), he has incredible stamina that is perfect for a modern day full back. Thomas might get there, but with Shaw and Chilwell already competing at national level, I don't think Thomas will do quite as well. He will be our first choice LB for years though.

So coming back to KDH. He's 22 right now, so one year younger than Barnes. But as of right now, his level is much better than Barnes' when Harvey returned from West Brom. KDH would be a starter for any team in the bottom 10 IMO based on what I saw in pre-season alone. He was very, very good. That's why I will be interested to see what he can do for us. At some point he's going to get a run of games and that's when he could take his chance.

It's a bit early to say but he could be a genuine first team player in 1-2 seasons time. I think his game is ideal for the Premier League. He's sort of a cross between Lennon and Izzet, in a good way.

I honestly don't know. I get way too ahead of myself with our academy players but I do feel like his later start in first team football and him being under the radar is very us as a football club and story. Could genuinely see him being brilliant and keep getting better. He's got that aggression and guile to his game that is hard to find.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Result aside I thought he did well when he came on

Finally had someone on the pitch willing to underlap the wing back to provide a forward pass to

So close to scoring probably the winner if Iheanacho didn’t decide to turn into a Spartak defender

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thought he did OK, made a rookie decision trying to shoot through 2 players from 20 yards which led to a counter attack which could have cost us the game, but he showed some intent which was good to see! Shame Cags started to fill the spaces just off the left

by running with the ball into the space before realising he then needs to pop it back out and get back into position, infuriating to see!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Result aside I thought he did well when he came on

Finally had someone on the pitch willing to underlap the wing back to provide a forward pass to

So close to scoring probably the winner if Iheanacho didn’t decide to turn into a Spartak defender

This. Most frustrating and bizarre thing in the world seeing everyone cram in the middle of the pitch when theres an easy run /pass that can be made down the line.  Chilwells lack of overlap overlap with Barnes used to drive me mental, clearly being instructed not to do it by Rodgers as Chilwell plays more like a left winger for Chelsea now

• Like 1