Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

Really got stuck in yesterday when he came on and forward thinking. Gonna be a big season for the lad I feel

Huge potential!..

Love the way he plays and is always looking to get forward.

Just hope he gets the opportunities this season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

I wonder if KDH could play that inside right forward position instead of Ayoze. Maybe he’s the left footed RW we’ve been crying out for all along as more of a technical player rather than a ball carrier like Barnes on the opposite flank. Looked like he was playing there at the end yesterday when we went more 4-4-2 with Kelechi and Daka up top. And probably offers a similar defensive workrate, better physicality and can hardly offer less goal threat than Perez. 

Obviously there’s a risk of round pegs in square holes and all that and would obviously have to learn the position. But could be our Milner as in able to play anywhere in Midfield. Probably not the solution but just a thought 

I said similar to my mates. If we are looking for an all action playmaker at that inside right role, we could do a lot worse than let KDH have a go at it. 

• Like 1

On 01/08/2021 at 00:32, whoareyaaa said:

He looks like a top player already imo

Agree. I like him. He seems to have real good positioning and his passing is forward looking and accurate. If Maddison goes, KDH may turn out to be another Soyuncu to MaGuire.

I wanted him on earlier for Perez who had lost his way and stopped trying.

When he came on I thought he was a little stage struck when he came on and struggled to pick up the pace of the game. But like all good players he adjusted and found a way to contribute, By the end he was confident in possession which is nice to see as it augers well for the future.

He's going to need time but no better man than Brendan to tutor and encourage him and I'm sure he'll have a big career ahead of him.

What I liked most about KDH's performance yesterday was that for the first 5 or 6 minutes of being on the pitch, he couldn't get near the ball or the opposition, the game seemed too quick for him but I thought once he'd had a couple of good touches he adapted brilliantly well and put in a really promising performance - in other words, he clearly has great character and determination because he played his way into an extremely demanding game. I think Man City underestimated him and I think a few teams will this season.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, majaco said:

He is promising.  I am not convinced yet although I have seen impressive moments.

I think a bit of patience is needed as he hasn't yet played in the premier League.

KDH will be a fine player as he has some great attributes....great engine & workrate, quick feet, technically good, always looking to go forward and very solid defensively.....and a fantastic attitude to learn and develope.  100% effort every time he crosses the line

If he can adjust as well as he did after he came on against Man City at wembley in front of 70k on his debut, i think he will be a fabulous player for us with a bit more PL experience and Brendan looking after his development.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

If he can adjust as well as he did after he came on against Man City at wembley in front of 70k on his debut, i think he will be a fabulous player for us with a bit more PL experience and Brendan looking after his development.

Yes looks very promising, I think he can become a top player.

70k? I think the attendance was more like 45k.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

Excited to see the impact KDH has this season. Think he'll have a good season and play the majority of the EL games too. 

Seems to have been put forward by the club for a lot of social media stuff this pre season too.

Certainly suggests he'll be a big part of the first team squad.

Outside shout of an England cap before this season is finished?

I know we haven't seen a lot of him, but if he can kick on from what he did at Luton, in a similar way to how Harvey Barnes did after West Brom, who knows.

• Like 2

I thought he was decent at Luton but now I think I underrated him. Reckon he’s very decent. 

Watch him next time he plays, you can tell he’s got something about him. Got that extra yard of space about him and extra second on the ball. Sort of player that will be a 6.5/7 every week, quietly getting on with his defensive work and utilising the ball well. 

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Seems to have been put forward by the club for a lot of social media stuff this pre season too.

I know we haven't seen a lot of him, but if he can kick on from what he did at Luton, in a similar way to how Harvey Barnes did after West Brom, who knows.

Have to agree, I have a feeling he'll continue to prove himself and become an important player within our team.

So far I've been nothing but impressed with him, seems comfortable when ever he has played.

He looks like a completely different player to the one that went out on loan. Just goes to show what a good loan spell at a good club can do for a player. Come back playing with pace and intensity. Looks strong and forward thinking. Next season is going to be a good one for him to find his feet at premier league level, but after that I can see him taking off like Barnes has.

14 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I think if he has a good season I definitely see KDH getting a England cap before the end of the season. I think we could see a cameo from him Saturday too assuming he makes the bench. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Our best player in pre season but isn't getting a look in whilst Maddison and Perez coast through games but are picked regardless. He needs a loan to keep his progression going if we're not going to give him any minutes.

He'll get his chance. Not sure in what position and system but he will. We just need to calm down and re group. These next 2 weeks are big in recruitment and going in to the international break without chaos.

Our best player in pre season but isn't getting a look in whilst Maddison and Perez coast through games but are picked regardless. He needs a loan to keep his progression going if we're not going to give him any minutes.

He’s going to get plenty of minutes.

With our injury record, playing in 4 competitions and the potential for covid isolations, everyone will get game time. 

Agree with this.

Or Brendan could just pick him, I suppose. 

Really feel for him, having to sit in the stands and watch *that* and not get a sniff.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He'll get his chance. Not sure in what position and system but he will. We just need to calm down and re group. These next 2 weeks are big in recruitment and going in to the international break without chaos.

I think we’ll move towards a 433 more often. Soumare and KDH make it more viable as they have the legs for it - Maddison and Tielemans were great as CMs together for a while in 18/19 but got overran against physical sides.

Just now, Stadt said:

I think we’ll move towards a 433 more often. Soumare and KDH make it more viable as they have the legs for it - Maddison and Tielemans were great as CMs together for a while in 18/19 but got overran against physical sides.

Still need that RW to play that system though. I'd like to see KDH in instead of Maddison for a game, starting on Saturday. Maddison was a disgrace vs his old club the season before last.

• Like 1