Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Love how he initially won the ball back and then set the goal up from it. Looks a monster

Brendan loves a player like that and he'll get plenty of time with performances like that.

Matt Elliott said on the commentary last night that he will probably get a run in the side at some point and then it's up to him to take it. Ndidi will play at the AFCON in January I believe so that could be his time.

In the meantime I think he is very useful in the same way Marc Albrighton is. A player that comes off the bench and pushes the tempo from the off, giving the team a shot of adrenaline. Often time when we lose, it's because we look flat, so players like that are very useful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Brendan loves a player like that and he'll get plenty of time with performances like that.

Matt Elliott said on the commentary last night that he will probably get a run in the side at some point and then it's up to him to take it. Ndidi will play at the AFCON in January I believe so that could be his time.

In the meantime I think he is very useful in the same way Marc Albrighton is. A player that comes off the bench and pushes the tempo from the off, giving the team a shot of adrenaline. Often time when we lose, it's because we look flat, so players like that are very useful. 

Absolutely, it's nice to be able to look at the bench now and think "we can make some positive changes here". It feels like a long time since we've had that. Him and Soumare are gonna be huge additions and I think we'll see ourselves quite close to the top  of the "goals in the last 15 minutes" table again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

The Shepshed Pirlo (stolen from @FerrisBueller) looked superb last night. He seems to have it all.

You can tell he’s been working hard because his physique is unbelievable and apparently he was caning the whole squad in the bleep tests.

I think its the first pre season video back on the youtube channel, it's near the end of the bleep test and he's winning comfortably, doesn't even look gassed. Guys come back looking like a machine.

3 minutes ago, Haydos said:

I think its the first pre season video back on the youtube channel, it's near the end of the bleep test and he's winning comfortably, doesn't even look gassed. Guys come back looking like a machine.

He’s basically a hybrid of Geoff Capes, Mo Farah, Usain Bolt and Pele.

• Haha 1

I am really taking to him and I thought he looked as comfortable as any of our first team throughout the pre season.

I'm not saying he's going to fit into our starting line up, unfortunately for him our midfield is very strong, but I'd love to see him feature heavily throughout the season to some degree.

I think with the amount of games we'll have this season, he will be a great addition to the match day squad.

Like others have said, it's almost as if we have signed a new player.

It's a real credit to him and the youth set up showing once again the quality that they can nurse through the club.

Absolutely no doubt he'll follow the footsteps of Barnes and develop and develop to becoming an important player in our team.

Really like the look of him, and with Europe and domestic cups will get plenty of minutes. Will need basically 2 XI’s for when we’re playing twice a week, and that’s excluding injuries to players as we saw last night. 

Also can imagine during AFCON we will go with more of a midfield 3 of: 

Soumaré - Tielemans - KDH

to make up for missing Ndidi’s physicality.

League 

Kasper 

Ricardo - Evans - Söyüncü- Bertrand 

Tielemans - Ndidi

Perez  -  Maddison  -  Barnes 

Vardy

Cups 

Ward 

Castagne - Kabak - Benkovic - Thomas

Soumaré - KDH 

Sowah  -  Iheanacho  -  Albrighton 

Daka 

• Like 4

KDH has been excellent in the pre season games and a real asset going forward. He looks to have a real physical presence as well as pace.

The big advantage he gives us is that Brendan can rest Youri and others at different times throughout the season. Something we couldn't do for the last couple of seasons. It will also make us less predictable to the opposition.

On 05/08/2021 at 02:04, Nod.E said:

Say it quietly.

Leicester's mason mount?

Same pressing, same composure in the box. Same... Englishness? 

Lazy comparison perhaps.

I hope not. I really don’t rate this guy.

Hes even more overrated than Saka!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The good thing is this year with Soumare, KDH on top of what we had, we haven't got to flog Tielemans, Maddison and Ndidi to death.

Can see us playing one midfield on a Thursday in the Europa group stages and another one on a weekend in the PL.

5 more than viable options in CM is fantastic for us and the benefit really can't be understated. Also keeps the incentive for us to stay in the EL, because if we crash out of that and all the cups, we won't have enough games to keep them all happy.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

5 more than viable options in CM is fantastic for us and the benefit really can't be understated. Also keeps the incentive for us to stay in the EL, because if we crash out of that and all the cups, we won't have enough games to keep them all happy.  

Agreed we look knackered at the end of the group stages which cost us in the PL and in the Europa knock outs. 

Really want to see us go deep into the Europa, I think its a competition we could realistically win with a bit of luck.

MAy also be the easiest way to get in the CL and win a fantastic trophy in Europe.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

I wonder if KDH could play that inside right forward position instead of Ayoze. Maybe he’s the left footed RW we’ve been crying out for all along as more of a technical player rather than a ball carrier like Barnes on the opposite flank. Looked like he was playing there at the end yesterday when we went more 4-4-2 with Kelechi and Daka up top. And probably offers a similar defensive workrate, better physicality and can hardly offer less goal threat than Perez. 

Obviously there’s a risk of round pegs in square holes and all that and would obviously have to learn the position. But could be our Milner as in able to play anywhere in Midfield. Probably not the solution but just a thought 

• Like 1