Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Just now, majaco said:

It's not.

It's been sung for years.

Okay, it may be poor but it's our poor.  It's been sung for years.

A little bit of practice and you can be as bad at it as everyone else.  With a growth mind-set you can learn to enjoy it.  When you do, the whole world smiles with yooooooooou.

I just wish we had something that was not so much of a dirge, with more tempo. Something that would lift the players.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So what if I did or didn't? That doesn't answer my question.

My point was that it wasn't dreadful when sung in the Kop (especially in the 70's). It can be a great song when done properly with the jazz hands and all that. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

WYS should be played pre-match, with words on the screen if necessary, so we know how it should be sung. Much better than that AC/DC shite. 

It should be played before the game, but the proper version not the jersey budd one that they tried to inflict on us a few years back. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

How did we end up with WYS as our anthem? It's utterly dreadful.

It's a great song but our fans always sing it too quickly and ruin it's impact. Was the same with "Here's to you Danny Drinkwater".

It's as if our fans are in a rush to get through a song really, rather to let the atmosphere and melody breathe.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

Just now, Ric Flair said:

In the midst of the terrible injury to Fofana, this lad was exceptional again. He is so good at pressing, in fact collectively the new players that have come in have given Rodgers the ability to demand we press as a pack once again and its amazing to see.

He is some player and will make an impact this season, either as a starter or as a sub. We have got a serious talent.

As well as talented, he seem really up for it.

I know Fofana is a massive blow, but the addition of KDH, Daka and Soumare has taken are squad depth to a whole new level.

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

As well as talented, he seem really up for it.

I know Fofana is a massive blow, but the addition of KDH, Daka and Soumare has taken are squad depth to a whole new level.

Yeah it has, we will be a problem once again for teams. I'm confident we're in for another good season.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it has, we will be a problem once again for teams. I'm confident we're in for another good season.

I also think it pushes the like of Vardy, Maddison to be at the top of their game as there are genuine challanger for their spots.

Kel looked like a man on a misson we he came on too.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In the midst of the terrible injury to Fofana, this lad was exceptional again. He is so good at pressing, in fact collectively the new players that have come in have given Rodgers the ability to demand we press as a pack once again and its amazing to see.

He is some player and will make an impact this season, either as a starter or as a sub. We have got a serious talent.

The composure for the Perez goal was something you would expect from a seasoned pro, really does look the real deal.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Thought he looked great.

He did.

I think the amount of press and media he's been doing lately gives us a clue he's going to be a pretty big part of the setup this season.

After his performances last season, albeit in the Championship, he's probably earned it.

He's ready. Another assured performance today.

He looks good going forwards and in the opposition box - assured finish vs. QPR and great work to set up Perez today. If the worst happens and we do lose Madders (still doubt it will happen), could he play as a Number 10 if gametime in a more reserved role ends up limited? He's looked like our main attacking threat from midfield on merit these past three matches.

His performances so far actually remind me a lot of early years Andy King. Calm and composed on the ball, almost to the point of looking languid, and also with a knack of ghosting into attacking positions where required.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1