Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Euro 2020 - Predictions

Winner - France

Runner Up - Spain

Where will England finish - Round of 16

Where will Scotland finish - Round of 16

Where will Wales finish - Out in the groups

Top Scorer - Mbappe

Player of the tournament - Kante

Biggest surprise - Holland

Biggest disappointment - Wales

On 08/06/2021 at 10:38, Ric Flair said:

England look to have a very difficult task of going far in this, it yet again relies on us coming 2nd in the group which is definitely possible but I think we'll either win the group or struggle for 3rd and potentially bomb out so that then means we face one of Germany, France or Portugal in the last 16 and its goodbye.

Even if we came 2nd I think it's likely to be Italy or France in the quarters.

What England need as much for the psyche as anything is to beat somebody 'big'. We got the penalties monkey off our back against Colombia but I have this almost irrational fear of a big team, even when they're not on song, that we'll go out. Like Spain for example, I don't think they're close to what they were, yet I'm just convinced if we drew them we'd go out.

Winner - Belgium

Runner Up - Portugal

Where will England finish - Group Stage

Where will Wales finish - Group Stage

Top Scorer - Lukaku

Player of the tournament - Diogo Jota

Biggest surprise - Ukraine

Biggest disappointment - England

Just now, kingcarr21 said:

Winner - Belgium

Runner Up - Portugal

Where will England finish - Group Stage

Where will Wales finish - Group Stage

Top Scorer - Lukaku

Player of the tournament - Diogo Jota

Biggest disappointment - England

Im not feeling at all confident going into this tournament. I just think we will be way too defensive and not utilise our squad to any of our attacking capabilities and in doing so will allow opposition to grow in confidence. I pray im wrong but if we lose our first game then the Scotland game will have nerves everywhere with which they may well do a number on us.

Normally im much more confident, something just doesnt sit right with me. I think its the idea of taking unfit players (Henderson and Maguire i just dont get, forget the leadership rubbish we have Kane for that) and playing players in the warm up games not even going to the tournament. Those warm up games were prime for us to display our attacking prowess and influence Croatia's thinking. Croatia will not fear us at all.

The starting 11 vs Croatia will speak volumes

• Like 1

No idea why so many have Denmark as their surprise package.

They were a terrible watch in 2018 and they really haven't improved much since then.

They're hard to beat, but that's about it.

Way too dependent on Eriksen in the final third and we're still using battering rams like Cornelius and Yussuf Poulsen up front.
Braithwaite is a poor man's Rommedahl and the only players I see making a (surprising) positive impact are Joakim Mæhle and maybe a Skov Olsen, Damsgaard or Mathias Jensen if either gets a chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm trying to be a little optimistic and trying not to base anything on the last two friendlies. We will make the final and will have to face France, far as I'm concerned any team that beats them should win the tournament.

Edited by Leicesterpool

23 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Scotland? QF? Bit early to be smoking crack is it not? 

I know, I know but hear me out.

I think Scotland will manage to finish 2nd in our group (behind us), which will mean they'll play 2nd in Group E, which I think will be Poland. I reckon they'll do Poland to get to the QF's where they'll probably face France and then lose. 

Not as farfetched as you'd think.

7 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I know, I know but hear me out.

I think Scotland will manage to finish 2nd in our group (behind us), which will mean they'll play 2nd in Group E, which I think will be Poland. I reckon they'll do Poland to get to the QF's where they'll probably face France and then lose. 

Not as farfetched as you'd think.

To get second in the group, Scotland will have to beat Czech then get a draw against England or Croatia. Very tough ask. Czech Republic is the biggest  game of the group for us. 

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

To get second in the group, Scotland will have to beat Czech then get a draw against England or Croatia. Very tough ask. Czech Republic is the biggest  game of the group for us. 

I think Scotland's team will have a similar ride as Wales did in 2016 plus with home advantage mixed in as well I think you'll beat Czech and Croatia, narrowly lose to England.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I think Scotland's team will have a similar ride as Wales did in 2016 plus with home advantage mixed in as well I think you'll beat Czech and Croatia, narrowly lose to England.

Hope you're right. 

Would anyone be interested in us doing a prediction competition, where we actually keep track of who's winning?

I can set up one for us if people are up for it.

Doing it at my office as well. You bet 1x2 on the group games and then predict teams to each playoff. Finally, you get to pick a dark horse for extra points if they make it far.

Its on a website, it will keep track of the score for us (its free).

Winner - Belgium

Runner Up - Italy

Where will England finish - Quarter Final

Where will Scotland finish - Put it this way, Del Amitri are re-releasing their 1998 Official Scotland World Cup song "Don't Come Home Too Soon". It was a thing, Google it.

Where will Wales finish - Nowhere without the Welsh Pele, Hal Robson-Kanu.

Top Scorer - Romelu Lukaku

Player of the tournament - Kevin de Bruyne

Biggest surprise - David de Gea saving a penalty.

Biggest disappointment - Gareth Southgate still having a job after England fail miserably.

Winner - Belgium

Runner Up - Portugal

Where will England finish - Round of 16

Where will Wales finish - Group Stage 

Top Scorer - Lukaku 

Player of the tournament - Kane

Biggest disappointment - Holland 

18 hours ago, Lizzy said:

Would anyone be interested in us doing a prediction competition, where we actually keep track of who's winning?

I can set up one for us if people are up for it.

Doing it at my office as well. You bet 1x2 on the group games and then predict teams to each playoff. Finally, you get to pick a dark horse for extra points if they make it far.

Its on a website, it will keep track of the score for us (its free).

One of the lads on here has already set up a predictor.... 

https://www.superbru.com/euros_predictor/pool.php?p=12331630

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2021 at 11:40, Nalis said:

Winner -

Runner Up -

Where will England finish -

Where will Scotland finish -

Where will Wales finish -

Top Scorer -

Player of the tournament -

Biggest surprise -

Biggest disappointment -

I'll go first:

Winner - Belgium

Runner Up - England

Where will England finish - Runner Up

Where will Scotland finish - 2nd Round

Where will Wales finish - Group Stage

Top Scorer - Kane

Player of the tournament - Tielemans

Biggest surprise - Ukraine to get to the semis

Biggest disappointment - France to get knocked out in the 2nd round

Not great but not a million miles away.  How is everyone else doing so far?

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

On 03/06/2021 at 17:30, goody2028 said:

Winner - France

Runner Up - Belgium

Where will England finish - Semi Finals

Where will Scotland finish - Groups

Where will Wales finish - Groups

Top Scorer - Lukaku

Player of the tournament - Kante

Biggest surprise - Switzerland 

Biggest disappointment - Portugal 

At least Switzerland and Portugal could be on 

On 03/06/2021 at 17:47, peach0000 said:

Winner - Italy

Runner Up - England

Where will Scotland finish - GS

Where will Wales finish - R16

Top Scorer - Harry Kane

Player of the tournament - Harry Kane

Biggest surprise -  Denmark

Biggest disappointment - Germany

The side of the draw with Belgium and France potentially in as group winners looks brutal. That's why I've gone for Italy as I reckon that they will have what it takes to win tight games where although France and Belgium have better players they might not get over the line game after game. France have been a bit inconsistent since the World Cup. England runners up as the only likely challengers on that side of the draw will be Netherlands, Spain and either Germany or Portugal and I don't feel like any of those nations are as strong as England. I feel that England have been quite lucky with the draw in the sense that the major nations on their side are not too strong currently. 

Bar Kane, this is about the best shout there’s been, fair play. 

• Like 2

On 03/06/2021 at 17:47, peach0000 said:

Winner - Italy

Runner Up - England

Where will Scotland finish - GS

Where will Wales finish - R16

Top Scorer - Harry Kane

Player of the tournament - Harry Kane

Biggest surprise -  Denmark

Biggest disappointment - Germany

The side of the draw with Belgium and France potentially in as group winners looks brutal. That's why I've gone for Italy as I reckon that they will have what it takes to win tight games where although France and Belgium have better players they might not get over the line game after game. France have been a bit inconsistent since the World Cup. England runners up as the only likely challengers on that side of the draw will be Netherlands, Spain and either Germany or Portugal and I don't feel like any of those nations are as strong as England. I feel that England have been quite lucky with the draw in the sense that the major nations on their side are not too strong currently. 

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

This aged well. 

I tell you what. I have to bring up my predictions again. I just hope I was wrong for Sunday!

• Like 2