Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group F: Hungary, Portugal, France, Germany

4 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Just love hearing the Ronaldo fanboys cream themselves only to see his team get owned. Still I’m sure ITV will try to spin this as a Ronaldo fest. 

I've only opened this thread twice and all I see is you talking about Ronaldo both times, sure you're not one of them? 

• Haha 1

Funny pre match I didn't give Germany a chance looked at the squad and just felt maybe this was team being lead by a manager that is managing a team a tournament too many but once again the germans find way to win and win convincing. Send this match to southgate and the team and make them watch three times until in sinks in how to attack and finish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I'm in Stoney (aka) "Tony" Creek, so I echo your sentiments!

When i lived in hamilton the neighbour on one side was Portuguese,  the next 3 houses on the other side were italian. I lived in front of a small court with 3 italian families. 3 of those 6 homes had tony's. Thought  they were the real Tony Toni Tone! Lol. Half the block was italian.

Here in milton, quite a bit of portuguese and italians too. Neighbours are italian, 2 italians across the street. Sigh.  Haha

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

When i lived in hamilton the neighbour on one side was Portuguese,  the next 3 houses on the other side were italian. I lived in front of a small court with 3 italian families. 3 of those 6 homes had tony's. Thought  they were the real Tony Toni Tone! Lol. Half the block was italian.

Here in milton, quite a bit of portuguese and italians too. Neighbours are italian, 2 italians across the street. Sigh.  Haha

At least when I was in Burlington I felt a bit better balance. Always lots of English flags. Dutch was probably right up there.

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

General question. Am I right in thinking that the 4 3rd placed teams are not the 4 best performing, but 2/3 of ABC and 2/3 of DEF?

I don't think that is correct. I pretty sure it is just the best four 3rd placed teams, ranked by points, goal difference, goals scored.

• Like 1

How did this group even come to be? There's only really our group (two semi finalists in the last world cup) with two leading teams.

Any one of the other groups could have taken one of the 3 big hitters.

What happened with the seeding to allow it?

22 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

How did this group even come to be? There's only really our group (two semi finalists in the last world cup) with two leading teams.

the "seeds" in the draw were based on the home nations as they were before the pandemic, rather than they're coefficient ranking, which meant Ukraine were in Pot 1 and Portugal in Pot 3.

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Farce if Portugal win back to back euros despite finishing 3rd in the group stage both times lol 

I mean in all fairness, this would be a bit different. 

They were crap last time, this current Portugal team is obviously ridiculously good. 

19 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It was simply based on their performance during qualifying.

36 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

the "seeds" in the draw were based on the home nations as they were before the pandemic, rather than they're coefficient ranking, which meant Ukraine were in Pot 1 and Portugal in Pot 3.

Not quite correct - or I am misinterpreting what you're saying.

"The teams were seeded in accordance with the European Qualifiers overall ranking based on their results in UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying. The following was the standard composition of the draw pots:[120]

• Pot 1: Group winners ranked 1–6
  • Pot 2: Group winners ranked 7–10, group runners-up ranked 1–2 (11–12 overall)
  • Pot 3: Group runners-up ranked 3–8 (13–18 overall)
  • Pot 4: Group runners-up ranked 9–10 (19–20 overall), play-off winners A–D (identity unknown at the time of the draw)"

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Love when groups are like this. Anything still possible on final day. Would love for Hungary to win and qualify. 

This is what groups should be like. Not like the rest where things are easy for one team to qualify or not a battle. Think the seeding system ruins some great games we could have 

• Like 1