Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Good to hear that Kevin Campbell thinks that transferring to Arsenal will take Maddison to the 'next level' :blink:

Perhaps he means the 'next level down'? 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Good to hear that Kevin Campbell thinks that transferring to Arsenal will take Maddison to the 'next level' :blink:

Perhaps he means the 'next level down'? 

Defo next level down imo 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

So Kevin Campbell believes that a move to Arsenal will be a leg up for JM? Is it April 1 today or what, ,and who the hell are Arsenal?  :dunno:

Regardless of Leicester’s lofty position. Arsenal can pay players £300k a week and still paid huge money for Pepe and Partey despite no champions league. There a huge club regardless where they’ve been finishing. So players like Maddison will want to go, I’m sure he can cope missing out on playing against salvia Bratislava on a Thursday night for an extra £200k a week 

• Haha 1

On 14/07/2021 at 12:41, mozartfox said:

If Odegaard is now available, it begs the question why have Arsenal not moved for him:dunno:

He doesn’t want to go back to Arsenal, simply put. 

11 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Regardless of Leicester’s lofty position. Arsenal can pay players £300k a week and still paid huge money for Pepe and Partey despite no champions league. There a huge club regardless where they’ve been finishing. So players like Maddison will want to go, I’m sure he can cope missing out on playing against salvia Bratislava on a Thursday night for an extra £200k a week 

Didn’t Arsenal lose to ‘Slavia’ Prague on a Thursday evening last season?  The reason Arsenal cannot afford Maddison is because they over pay one or two players UKP 300,000 a week.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Let him go then, rather him than several of our others. I can only see his hip and career deteriorating even further there. There's far more than one way to have so called flair in a team and for the money received, we could perhaps buy that elusive right sided player and a centre half. He's been coming over as a complete nob for a while now and could be a thorn in Brendan's side in terms of squad discipline and effort required. If we could get his party pal Perez to be his suitcase carrier I think we could get over him very quickly and it really wouldn't be the end of the world. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Didn’t Arsenal lose to ‘Slavia’ Prague on a Thursday evening last season?  The reason Arsenal cannot afford Maddison is because they over pay one or two players UKP 300,000 a week.   

Doesn’t really matter. A few years finishing above them doesn’t make us bigger and better than arsenal. There income is far greater then ours

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Doesn’t really matter. A few years finishing above them doesn’t make us bigger and better than arsenal. There income is far greater then ours

We need to consistently finish higher than them to be considered a bigger club . The European cup this season would sure lay down a marker though !! We need to attract the big sponsors !!

8 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

So are their outgoings I suspect.  All guess work.  The one fact is Arsenal's transfer war chest is not as big as it once was.  Let's see if they offer 60M for Maddison.  

Edited by mozartfox

9 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

We're not bigger, but we are definitely better. Better run, better owners, better manager and better players.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

So are their outgoings I suspect.  All guess work.  The one fact is Arsenal's transfer war chest is not as big as it once was.  Let's see if they offer 60M for Maddison.  

Well I suspect they can afford to. But yes if Leicester could win the Europa league then already we have a better European history lol

8 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Well I suspect they can afford to. But yes if Leicester could win the Europa league then already we have a better European history lol

Well if these so called bigger teams are interested in Madders the they should put a bid in ,however what ever they offer wont be enough ,so let's tell these so called bigger clubs that Madders is not for sale .

20 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Arsenal are still one of the big boys in the Premier League  even after a couple of poor finishes. Fantastic stadium & a large fanbase ! I'm not how they can still afford the big wages but apparently they can. I'm sure the "London Factor" is a big incentive for wide boys like Maddison.

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Arsenal are still one of the big boys in the Premier League  even after a couple of poor finishes. Fantastic stadium & a large fanbase ! I'm not how they can still afford the big wages but apparently they can. I'm sure the "London Factor" is a big incentive for wide boys like Maddison.

As a famous face would you want to walk around London? It’s bad enough being a no body. Ultimately no need to go Harrods when you can live in a big house anywhere in the country and order everything you need online these days. So I’m not too sure why anywhere would have a pull as a place to influence which team you play for. 

5 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

As a famous face would you want to walk around London? It’s bad enough being a no body. Ultimately no need to go Harrods when you can live in a big house anywhere in the country and order everything you need online these days. So I’m not too sure why anywhere would have a pull as a place to influence which team you play for. 

I was thinking more about the night life & club scene. I don't think Harrods is a big draw for single footballers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

They will always be part of the "original" big 6. But at the minute and based on a means average they aren't part of A big 6 at this moment in time based on the consistent last few seasons that top 6 teams are I.e  man City, man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester and spurs. 

Arteta is desperate for flare in his team as apart from zhaka he doesn't have any playmakers hence trying to get maddison. On the flipside I think maddison would fail at arsenal because of how much 'press' Arteta likes from all of his players. Not having a playmaker is where arsenal are going tits up at the minute.

27 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

They will always be part of the "original" big 6. But at the minute and based on a means average they aren't part of A big 6 at this moment in time based on the consistent last few seasons that top 6 teams are I.e  man City, man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester and spurs. 

Arteta is desperate for flare in his team as apart from zhaka he doesn't have any playmakers hence trying to get maddison. On the flipside I think maddison would fail at arsenal because of how much 'press' Arteta likes from all of his players. Not having a playmaker is where arsenal are going tits up at the minute.

Hasn't xhaka left?