Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

If there is any truth to it then it must mean we are confident Tielemans will be staying for at least another season, as no way would we sell 2 of our top players in the same window.

Personally if we were to get £50m+ for Maddison I’d sell. The hip injury is becoming a huge concern for me and since project restart a year ago, he has only started 26 out of the 47 (55%) PL games, so we are used to playing without him anyway

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

We can forgive that, maybe not undermining the manager and going to a party before a game that ultimately cost us Champions League.

For the right money, he is replaceable.

No. Not being able to beat Fulham, Newcastle and others at home cost us the Champions League. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chapero82 said:

With someone who has respect for the club and doesn’t go out partying a few days before an important match 

It was directly AFTER a match and there were a number of other plsyers involved too. 

Guest Bert Fill
8 hours ago, chapero82 said:

He’s replaceable 

Everyone’s replaceable.

But even a half-fit Maddison has been our most likely creator of a goalscoring opportunity. The only other player we have who always has a chance of creating something is Tielemans.

Yes, Maddison can be a bit frustrating at times, but his ability to conjure up an opening isn’t as easy to replace as all that.

33 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Everyone’s replaceable.

But even a half-fit Maddison has been our most likely creator of a goalscoring opportunity. The only other player we have who always has a chance of creating something is Tielemans.

Yes, Maddison can be a bit frustrating at times, but his ability to conjure up an opening isn’t as easy to replace as all that.

But he wasn’t. He attempted two injury comebacks in the last two seasons and it simply didn’t work. You are forgetting Barnes who was well on for double figures in assists and goals before his injury 

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

Just swap Maddison for ziyech plus cash for us. I'd love that. Maddison is very and i mean very fairly criticizable for his actions both on the pitch and off it (like causing a party that derailed our season) and extreme injury issues, and inconsistent form. 

Ok.... So it's now snowballed into him "CAUSING" the party that took place at another players house and was attended by far more senior players including our club captain? Good to know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sly said:

He’d be a bit like Ozil for them I think. Capable of putting numbers then disappear for months on end. 

I’ll say it again though. Arsenal couldn’t afford to keep the mascot, how ware they playing 80m+ for Maddison??

80m+..😂😂😂..

What are you sniffing?

Maddison will definitely see Arsenal as a 'big club'. He'll make us some money if we sell him and there are mumblings that Rodgers and some senior players have had it with him so could make sense.

His hip is also chronic. He's probably the best player to sell and we could make 60 odd million for him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Maddison will definitely see Arsenal as a 'big club'. He'll make us some money if we sell him and there are mumblings that Rodgers and some senior players have had it with him so could make sense.

His hip is also chronic. He's probably the best player to sell and we could make 60 odd million for him.

Which senior players? Genuine question.

I like Maddison and can certainly see the potential there. I would rather keep him as i am interested to see what his reaction is to missing out on the Euros. This upcoming season we could see his mentality switch to absolute professional. All ifs and buts though.

It would free up more game time for Dennis Praet, who i think has a lot to offer. Along with Dewsbury Hall who is a real talent we can rely upon.

I wouldnt cry over losing Maddison, but would certainly rather keep him. He is on the periphery of taking that next step and him becoming a very valuable asset. He starts the new season off to a blinder and breaks into England squad his value will double

Guest ttfn
7 hours ago, The_77 said:

Pretty damn good numbers this season considering he was only healthy for a portion of it. 

This is literally the problem though isn’t it?

He’s almost never fully fit. We pay him an awful lot of money to either be unavailable or ineffective because he’s half fit. 

He’s a good player when he’s 100%, unfortunately that seems to be only 6-8 weeks per season.

We're already crying out for some real competition for Maddison when he's off form or suffering with his hip. Could Tavares, Leshabela or Suengchitthawon do the job? We won't know unless we try but if Maddison goes, we probably need two players who can play in his position.

Edited by ALC Fox

Guest Bert Fill
35 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You are forgetting Barnes who was well on for double figures in assists and goals before his injury

No, I’m not forgetting anyone.

I’m not talking about (or particularly interested in) statistics; I’m just saying that even when he’s not having a good game, Maddison’s always capable of that one brilliant little pass to put someone through. More so than anyone else we have.

18 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Despite being critical of Maddison he can be a game changer in up to 8 games a season.

2 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

No, I’m not forgetting anyone.

I’m not talking about (or particularly interested in) statistics; I’m just saying that even when he’s not having a good game, Maddison’s always capable of that one brilliant little pass to put someone through. More so than anyone else we have.

When though?

People keep saying he can change a game etc but when has it happened? Sheffield United away, yes, lovely through ball to Vardy and he scored two goals at home to Brighton but other than that I cannot recall him changing a game for us last season.

For me, an acceptable price and he can go. I think we'd be able to find a better player (and before someone asks, I don't know who, I'm not a scout) or even allow Youri to push more forwards.

Youri is more capable at finding anyone else than Maddison.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Which senior players? Genuine question.

Tielemans, Schmeichel and vardy largely from what I heard. Could be utter bollocks.

Also if you listened to Rodgers interviews at the end of last season he was definitely leaving something on Maddison. And I can imagine particularly kasper and youri being disgusted with his general approach given their own approach.

• Thanks 1

Think he could go if Rodgers has sanctioned this.

If this is the case, we must be confident of a suitable replacement.

Whilst Courtinho, at his best, is a clear upgrade, it would be a gamble, in relation to his fitness issues (no different to Maddison, I suppose), but for me, has Courtinho got the desire to play for a club like Leicester. We can't afford to be carrying players, particularly those who would be marquee signings.

I would be interested in a swap deal with Chelsea, that allows Ziyech to come our way + say £15m, which could help finance an initial loan deal for Courtinho.

Think this could be a critical window, with a lot of movement, both in and out. We get it wrong like in 2016 and we could have to start and rebuild all over again.

He's got a lot to prove next season and will be stung that he is so far down the England pecking order. 

Therefore I can see a big season from him both in terms of goals and assists - Possibly both into double figures. 

Also his market value has fallen and with the likes of Arsenal circling they are only likely to bid a packet of crisps anyhow as they are a total joke. 

Definitely keep him at the moment 

22 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Tielemans, Schmeichel and vardy largely from what I heard. Could be utter bollocks.

Also if you listened to Rodgers interviews at the end of last season he was definitely leaving something on Maddison. And I can imagine particularly kasper and youri being disgusted with his general approach given their own approach.

0 chance of them 3 going to a party 🤦🏻‍♂️