Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

80m+..😂😂😂..

What are you sniffing?

British / Brexit work permit inflation.

A good player with good numbers, despite the abuse he gets on here. 

Premier League player.

Long contract.

We don’t sell cheap. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I believe quite a few times he did have an important influence on games, often he scored or assisted the 1st goal of the game, also a couple of times he scored or assisted the 2nd goal which we really needed to ensure the win

Europa:

3-0 vs Zorya - Scored goal for 1-0

2-1 vs Athens - Assist for goal to go 2-0 up

4-0 vs Braga - Assist for 1-0

League:

2-1 vs Sheff Utd - Assist for the winner

3-0 vs Brighton - 2 VERY good goals

2-2 vs Man Utd - Assist to make it 1-1

2-0 vs Southampton - Scored goal for 1-0

2-0 vs Chelsea - Scored goal for 2-0

1-3 vs Leeds - Although we lost, assist for 1-0

2-0 vs Fulham - Assists for both goals

3-1 vs Liverpool - Goal for 1-1

2-1 vs Aston Villa - Goal for 1-0

FA Cup:

3-1 vs Brentford - Assist for 1-1

Ah yeah I did forget his little spell around the timing of Chelsea/Leeds/Fulham fixtures when he was in form.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Ok.... So it's now snowballed into him "CAUSING" the party that took place at another players house and was attended by far more senior players including our club captain? Good to know. 

My bad that was incorrect use od English haha, you know what i meant, ie having a party. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sly said:

Premier League player.

Long contract.

We don’t sell cheap. 

Yeah...

But no one in this economic climate is going to pay 80m for him.

9 hours ago, Sampson said:

He's not right up there at all. He comes behind several mid-table players who he plays further forward than in every season he's been here.

Here's where he ranks in the combined goals+assists stats per 90 minutes

18/19 - 44th

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/1889/stats/2018-2019-Premier-League-Stats

19/20 - 65th (Behind the much maligned Perez)
https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/3232/stats/2019-2020-Premier-League-Stats

20/21 - 30th
https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/3232/stats/2019-2020-Premier-League-Stats

For number 10 who has a monopoly on set-pieces for a side who finished 5th in 2 of those seasons as well, his goals and assist numbers are pretty average really.

Look at the players above him in the lists, the majority are strikers or wingers.

Also Maddison played a lot of 19/20 as a number 8 so not really fair to be comparing his output with out and out attackers.

If you compare his last season against the players in the list that are either MF or MF/FW he's 11th. Which is pretty good going for a player that's clearly not been at his best. His numbers are anything but average.

80 million, Jesus Christ on a bike...

If we sell Madders (which I doubt we will) a lot of folks around here are going to be shocked and dismayed at what the fee is.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sly said:

Premier League player.

Long contract.

We don’t sell cheap. 

How's things Mrs Maddison?

I fear the hip injury he has is a lot worse than is being portrayed.  it was clear and obvious he was not the same player in the limited appearances he made for us towards the end of last season.  I am hopeful he recovers, and be the player he was for us when he first signed.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty disgusting how unappreciated he is here by a section of our fans. This isn't purely down to the covid party either, there's been very little tolerance of him from the off. 

He's not going anywhere and I think next season he'll kick on, if December to February was anything to go by, you'll all be thumbing your widgey's up yer own harris if he stays fit.

Marginally better than Tielemans for me when both are on their game. In fact I rate Barnes and Maddison as our two most important players at the club when everyone is firing.

Amazing the lack of love for Maddison on here, the only way I'd be a willing seller this summer is if that hip is a permanent problem and he'll never quite be 100% again. Otherwise he's one of the best players in the league. If he has got a case of the Drinkwater's then sell before the market cottons on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Jeez. 

I never cease to be amazed at how we can be so flippant and dismissive of players that up until 5 years ago, we'd have dreamed of. 

He's comes across as a lovely lad, a joy to watch when on song, a great listen and, yes, there's a cheeky and rebellious side to his nature that can land him in trouble too. Such traits are normal with 'talent'

The only way we'll sell.him.is if the medical team fear the hip injury might be a long term.issue. Which, if it is the case, would be awful for the lad. 

He ain't going arsenal or anywhere else unless we are offloading a 'damaged good' (no disrespect meant to madders there)

Good luck trying to sell a player with a long term hip problem. 

11 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Maddison is replaceable, not dissimilar to Maguire or Chilwell. If good money can come in thanks to English premium (£50m+) then I’d sell. Pity Buendia has already been snapped up, but someone like De Paul maybe obtainable. Or coutinho :ph34r:

...Calvin Stengs....can play wide or in the #10 position!!!

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Calvin Stengs....can play wide or in the #10 position!!!

I know he was good the season before last and I admittedly didn't really watch him then. Last season however I seen him a good few times and couldn't see what all the fuss was about really. Same goes for his performances in the Euro under 21's just past.

May be a case of second season syndrome type thing as there was an awful lot of hype around him 12 months ago. 

• Like 1

can go for the right price, really went off him last season, the party incident, him being absolutely dogturd (injured or not, shouldn't be playing if not fit) and he is now worse than Grealish with his constant falling over and most of the time he doesn't get the free kick. 

I'd only sell him if his hip injury is going to have an issue long term. I assume the club and their medical staff would surely have a decent idea of how bad it is and how much it might affect his career. If he can get to full fitness it would be crazy to sell him. 

1 minute ago, Christoph said:

I'd only sell him if his hip injury is going to have an issue long term. I assume the club and their medical staff would surely have a decent idea of how bad it is and how much it might affect his career. If he can get to full fitness it would be crazy to sell him. 

No club would fork out £20 million + on a player who could have a long term injury that would impede his footballing abilities.  

2 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

No club would fork out £20 million + on a player who could have a long term injury that would impede his footballing abilities.  

I mean Arsenal have a history of buying players with poor injury records you never no.