Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

Just now, Fox85 said:

Yea it might actually rain tomorrow aswell but might is the key word here meaning it's probably not.

I mean we MIGHT sign

Coutinho

Edouard

Somare

Daka

Goousens 

Bertrand

Oxlaide chamberlain 

Danjuma 

Szalai 

Collins

Kayak

Bissuoma 

Matthias Pereira 

And sell

Gazelle.

This might be true but it's 99% chance Bullshit

Whose Gazelle never heard of him😂

Sell Maddison, loan / buy Coutinho instead? Still got Praet and Perez as squad options, plus more game time for Soumare and KDH.

I like Maddison and think he's a good player, but he's definitely in the Chilwell / Maguire bracket of being a sellable asset to the club which could be used to reinvest in the overall squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

They aren't going to pay the money we would want.

72m on Pepe!

45m on Thomas Partey

36m for Mustafi

27m Saliba (zero league appearances)

Arsenal not being a spending club is a myth, they've flashed the cash plenty in recent years, just spent it poorly.

But I probably agree, I don't think many clubs are going to be spending 60m+ on players this close season given the pandemic and we'd want that sort of fee minimum.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn

Easily the most dispensable of our saleable assets. If it comes down to keeping him or any of Soyuncu, Tielemans or Barnes this summer it’s not a contest.

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I like Maddison and think he's a good player, but he's definitely in the Chilwell / Maguire bracket of being a sellable asset to the club which could be used to reinvest in the overall squad.

It's a bit different though. With Chilwell and Maguire we had very good replacements already at the club, with Maddison we have no one at the club who comes close to filling his role.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

How many homegrown players do we have compared to the limit? 

you need 8 from England and 4 from the club

we have Barnes, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall that would need to be in the 25 man squad to play and Thomas who doesn't, if he ended up being here next season Iversen would count too

• Thanks 1

Tbh, I was gutted when Harry went but it was a great deal for the club. 

Ben, I wasn't that fussed and another good bit of business, as we spent the money well. 

As talented as he is, he doesn't influence a game as often as he should. 

I also don't get the impression that Brendan and the rest of the squad are over keen on him, but I could be wrong. 

I'd keep, unless the money is very good

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

problem is "his day" doesn't seem to come about all that often of late

He was in incredible form until his injury. Similar to, say, Ricardo.

This place cannot forgive an expensive rucksack and a swagger.

• Like 3

my opinion on keeping Maddison depends more on what formation Brendan wants to play, if its 343 I just don't see a place for him, he could only really play on the left of the 3 but we need Barnes there