Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

I trust our recruitment.

If Maddison does move on, I am sure there are other options that the club are looking at bringing in, and making a profit.

We have done this with most of our major player sales (except Mahrez).

Maddison does blow a bit hot and cold. Would be nice to have a more consistent performer (although I guess his constant injury niggles do not help).

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not going anywhere and I think next season he'll kick on, if December to February was anything to go by, you'll all be thumbing your widgey's up yer own harris if he stays fit.

Really looking forward to if he can kick on. I'm hoping we're able to manage his hip injury to an extent that he can hit the levels he has the potential to. 

To just look at Goals and Assists with Maddison isn't to tell the whole story. The good news is, those are the hardest things to do, so you know you're likely to get a decent return out of him in terms of direct impact on goals, which is great and not something that is replaced easily, and that is what makes him valuable.

To get to the next level, and also improve us as a side, it's other, less fashionable things he needs to improve on. Keep the ball moving, look after the ball better outside of the final third, increase his stamina and work rate, and be more of a factor defensively, and become more consistent such that if he doesn't have an impactful game in the final third, at least put in a 6/10 performance.  Players like Mount and Grealish have improved their games and are happy to do the dirty work, as well as impact higher up the pitch. It's hard to measure of course, but i'd say taking everything into account, they are more of a net positive to their sides than Maddison is to ours.

Edited by martyn

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

When though?

People keep saying he can change a game etc but when has it happened? Sheffield United away, yes, lovely through ball to Vardy and he scored two goals at home to Brighton but other than that I cannot recall him changing a game for us last season.

For me, an acceptable price and he can go. I think we'd be able to find a better player (and before someone asks, I don't know who, I'm not a scout) or even allow Youri to push more forwards.

Youri is more capable at finding anyone else than Maddison.

Sorry 8 games a season was meant as a criticism. I think Maddison is at the threat of becoming an outdated footballer in the guise of James “2 games a season” Rodriguez.

I’d bite Arsenal’s hand off for 60 million+ if that is reinvested into a harder working and more fit midfielder plus a quality right-winger.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty disgusting how unappreciated he is here by a section of our fans. This isn't purely down to the covid party either, there's been very little tolerance of him from the off. 

He's not going anywhere and I think next season he'll kick on, if December to February was anything to go by, you'll all be thumbing your widgey's up yer own harris if he stays fit.

100% this, if we can get a fully fit and on form Maddison and Riccardo we will be a different side.

Blimey a season disrupted by injuries and half the people posting on here want to bin him!  The only reason we'll sell him, is if the club had an agreement like they did with Maguire, or he has pee'd off Rodgers & Top with party gate etc.   I don't think we are a club to bin someone on their injury record(Matty James), I think the club has shown that they will stand by their players!

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Calvin Stengs....can play wide or in the #10 position!!!

Stengs wouldn't do well in the PL as a 10, the player who would is Ludovic Blas. He is one of those creative attacking midfielders that's game is the same whether he plays on the wing or through the middle.

Unless the medical team know something we don't regarding his hip, I'm strongly against him leaving. Quite literally our only midfielder that can turn with his back to goal, when he's fit, he's vital.

Failure to replace him well could result in Perez running into blind alleys for the foreseeable.

Some short memories here man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As frustrating as this year has been for him and us, the only reason Brendan should consider selling him is if

• His injury is more long term
  • His actions during the party mean he is felt to be no longer trustworthy
  • He has asked to leave 
  • He continues to wear that dumb ass rucksack

I’m bemused why anyone could want to sell him; then if we did undervalue him so much. 

I’m sure he’ll be fine, we’ve basically just played 2 seasons back to back so injuries have played a toll on everyone. The summer rest will do him the world of good. 

I’m also at a loss as to why he gets so much hate for this party, when at least 5 other members of the squad were present. They’ve made a mistake, move on.

Plus it’s not like it was outside the “work” bubble anyway! :ph34r:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As frustrating as this year has been for him and us, the only reason Brendan should consider selling him is if

• He has asked to leave 

On your third point I'm sure a poster mentioned something about him and his agent were working on a move away near the end of the season probably a load of rubbish though 

5 minutes ago, nettle said:

On your third point I'm sure a poster mentioned something about him and his agent were working on a move away near the end of the season probably a load of rubbish though 

Strange one if true, he gets plenty of game time here, but could be many things I guess  :dunno:

I think that if we were to sell him we would not replace like for like.

I wonder whether it would signal another system change.. 4 3 3. 

We have ndidi for the holding role. 

Tielemans is obviously first name on the teamsheet but should we confirm soumare i can see them both playing box to box type roles. 

This would also give us praet Mendy and kdh as rotation options. 

So the madders money could be used to add to the wing/inside forward kitty. 

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

• He has asked to leave 

Unlikely as it is, first on this list should be 'Someone offers way more than we think he's worth'

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Unless the medical team know something we don't regarding his hip, I'm strongly against him leaving. Quite literally our only midfielder that can turn with his back to goal, when he's fit, he's vital.

Failure to replace him well could result in Perez running into blind alleys for the foreseeable.

Some short memories here man.

...he has a very good backfoot turn and he looks about world class when he executes it!!!

After executing it, he is half a yard too slow, half a second late in thought and has a tendency not to find the correct weight of pass in the last third. Poor in deadball situations and for him to be surrounded by quality players where he is supported by a team and players dominating the ball, he would be viewed as exceptional, Leicester's version of Ozil.

Edited by sacreblueits442

We often don't consider what's going on in their personal lives when it comes to transfer rumours but....

- Just settled in to a ****ing perfect footballers house

- Baby on the way in a couple of months

If he went to Chelsea they make you live 5 miles from Cobham.

Not sure what Arsenals rules are, but either way, I see next season very much as a settler for Madders, get back to form, keep his head down, get in the England WC squad and then his stocks will be back up to signing for a top 2 side.

At the moment after a pretty poor season, and what could be a longer term niggling injury, he is a seriously impaired asset. Our best hope is that he overcomes his injury and shows some form next season. Can’t see us getting anywhere near what people seem to think currently.