Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I’ve just been out-Leicester’ed by my girlfriend. How about you?
 

She just told me she wants Denmark to beat England tonight because Denmark have a Leicester player and England don’t. 


Anyone else here that hardcore? 😂
 

 

  • Like 4
Posted

wouldn't class that as hardcore to be honest i find it a little bit odd. 

 

I have a mate who said the same. Personally i hope Kasper has an absolute shocker and Kane has a field day. 

 

Leicester can wait its all about England for the next few hours and then hopefully the next few days. 

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I'm one of the weirdos that supports his club and country and routes for whoever is in either of those teams at that time. 

 

 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 3
Posted
8 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I’ve just been out-Leicester’ed by my girlfriend. How about you?
 

She just told me she wants Denmark to beat England tonight because Denmark have a Leicester player and England don’t. 


Anyone else here that hardcore? 😂
 

 

You going out with @weller54

  • Haha 4
Posted

She’s not even from Leicester or a Leicester fan (Arsenal), which is why I didn’t see it coming! 😂

 

I guess it’s a good thing when your partner always has that capacity to surprise you!

Posted

I had lost that England support but def got it back now, traddional english breakfast and skysports news has been on all day so im fully aboard the hype train and feeling anxious, excited and nerves 

  • Sad 1
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I had lost that England support but def got it back now, traddional english breakfast and skysports news has been on all day so im fully aboard the hype train and feeling anxious, excited and nerves 

I feel the same. What do you put that initial loss of appetite for the national team down to? Some of my mates feel the same. Is it getting older? When England went out to Argentina in 98 I actually cried. I can’t imagine being even being close to that if we lose tonight. 

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 3
Posted
10 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I feel the same. What do you put that initial loss of appetite for the national team down to? Some of my mates feel the same. Is it getting older? When England went out to Argentina in 98 I actually cried. I can’t imagine being even being close to that if we lose tonight. 

I don't go and watch England, I don't feel the same connection as I do to Leicester. Watching the games in the pub surrounded by people who don't usually follow football isn't the same as going to a Leicester away game.

  • Like 4
Posted
44 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I’ve just been out-Leicester’ed by my girlfriend. How about you?
 

She just told me she wants Denmark to beat England tonight because Denmark have a Leicester player and England don’t. 


Anyone else here that hardcore? 😂
 

 

She is not alone.

 

Being honest, if it goes to pens and England can’t do the business convincingly inside 120mins then I hope Kasper saves them all.

Posted

It is easy to lose the love for England in between tournaments because qualifying football is so boring and basically interrupts the league season that's the major reason you forget how good it is to support the national team. 

 

Summer of 2018 was class, weather was bang on and the hype train was in full swing. 

 

3 years later and 2 years of watching England hardly break a sweat in qualifying and playing 'pointless friendlies' just sucks the life out of the national team. 

 

But as soon as it gets serious that excitement comes back and i get that buzz back. 

 

I'm buzzing for tonight the feeling is up there with the FA Cup final for me. If we win i dunno how i will cope waiting for the game on Sunday night. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Posted
28 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I feel the same. What do you put that initial loss of appetite for the national team down to? Some of my mates feel the same. Is it getting older? When England went out to Argentina in 98 I actually cried. I can’t imagine being even being close to that if we lose tonight. 

yea I was pretty much the same, not sure tbh about the loss of appetite for the team could be a age thing or lifestyle not to sure.

Posted
25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I'm definitely 100% Leicester in this context. 

 

I want Denmark to win but only for Kasper because I'm so Leicester. No other reason. 

*Lies in Welsh*

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted

If it was a friendly, or a 'lesser' competition like the nations league then I find it hard to get enthused about England and I'd probably 'support' Kasper (specifically the player, not Denmark) for the night. But thats more a result of apathy towards our own national side rather than any specific pride around the LCFC player in question.

 

But as its a 'serious' competition and there's a significant prize on the line, I'm absolutely England all the way. If we lose then I'll be backing Kasper in the final, obviously, but otherwise I hope he stinks the place out (alongside his teammates) and England go through comfortably. 

  • Like 2
Posted
9 minutes ago, Rocket-Ron said:

my wife couldn't care less about football, just the way I like it!!

My girlfriend's more nervous than me and she's Bulgarian. 

Posted

Is it just me that sings Leicester's Coming Home most of the time in the songs of that nature? Don't know why but I got into a habit of doing it and do it without thinking now.

Posted
30 minutes ago, Rocket-Ron said:

my wife couldn't care less about football, just the way I like it!!

Snap. Love it! 

Posted

Let's face it we could have had potentially 4 of our players in the England  squad and having none is a massive downer in my opinion. Could you imagine the scenes if someone like Barnes scored the winner in the final or even just the anticipation it might happen? 

 

I don't feel much of a connection with any of the England footballers at the moment, I struggle to get excited over players like Kane and I find it hard to switch in to "England mode" and see them all as non-rivals all of a sudden. 

 

I think having your own club player in the squad and seeing them working and celebrating with the others helps with that shift in mindset - I've really missed that. 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...