Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox85

Stefan de Vrij

£38m of the queens is a lot for a 29 year old…. He is a god player though and we could probably get about 4 good years out of him. But can we get better value for money? Probably, but do we have the time to hammer a deal out? Probably not….. odd one this, is it just an agent trying to hurry a move? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Apparently we have been offered Stefan de Vrij however not sure how true this link is but he's a top CB.

The price that is being asked is around €38m and Leicester looking to sign him for €28m.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1473896/Tottenham-Mino-Raiola-Leicester-City-transfer-news-Inter-Milan-Stefan-de-Vrij-SNT

A decent acquisition great solid defender will be great alongside Cags, Sign him up Leicester!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

£38m of the queens is a lot for a 29 year old…. He is a god player though and we could probably get about 4 good years out of him. But can we get better value for money? Probably, but do we have the time to hammer a deal out? Probably not….. odd one this, is it just an agent trying to hurry a move? 

I don’t disagree with your sentiment, but our squad has plenty of players who we will/could sell on for a huge profit. If we can pay somewhere between £25-35m for an established centre half (where age usually goes hand in hand), we might have to bite the bullet on re-sale value. 

These are the signings that huge clubs make and it’s probably one of the areas that just keeps us out. 

It goes completely against our business model and should only be done on a one off, but it would be a good move (in general, not necessarily with de Vrij).

• Like 2

You lost me when it was a story published by the Sunday Express. Unless its the likes of Fabrizio Romano or some reliable source, taking this with a pinch of salt.

There will be a lot of this whilst we are desperately trying to find a CB. It's probably going to be Ozan Kabak, or no-one at all.

28 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Let's be honest though, Spurs have more revenue and a higher budget than us. That being said if we wanted him we could have him if he wanted to join. 

They don’t spend like it though do they? Levy is a very rigid operator. We’re an attractive club and even as a Leicester fan I’d say we’re more attractive that Spurs, their only pull is the fact they’re based in London’s. Like my mate who’s a United season ticket holder to me, you just take a player to your training ground first, and they will probably seal the move. 

Edited by Pliskin

Needs must. It's not our normal transfer policy but it's an urgent situation and he's an excellent player. If the board are happy we have the money to do it I'm totally on board. This is why we run ourselves sensibly, so when times are hard there's money in the pot.

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They don’t spend like it though do they? Levy is a very rigid operator. We’re an attractive club and even as a Leicester fan I’d say we’re more attractive that Spurs, their only pull is the fact they’re based in London’s. Like my mate who’s a United season ticket holder to me, you just take a player to your training ground first, and they will probably seal the move. 

They do spend occasionally. They have just spent 50  odd million on the Atalanta guy for example.