Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox85

Stefan de Vrij

Yesterday’s result could have two impacts on Top - 

1.) he thinks that what we have now is enough and so we don’t need to spend too much on a new CB

2.) winning against the champions and winning at Wembley again whilst also keeping a clean sheet further convinces Top and the board that BR is worth the money he asks for as he will take this team to new heights (he has already tbf) 

I for one hope it’s the latter. But I doubt we’ll spend £20m+ without someone going through the exit door. 

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I know I’ll get boo’d off the pitch for this but……

Offer Praet as part of a deal? He was highly rated in Italy? And I reckon they would like him? 

Booo.

Seriouly, it makes sense. Dennis is a quality player, perhaps more suited to the Italian league. He is well down the pecking order here and for his own career he needs to be playing first team football. He must know he has no future here if he can't even make the bench.

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Offer Praet as part of a deal? He was highly rated in Italy? And I reckon they would like him? 

I think Inter need the money.

I'd rather us steer clear of anyone who has Mino Raiola as an agent.

20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I've accepted Praet should go, even though I'm a fan. KDH and Soumare have looked incredible and for some dumb reason, I still have a soft spot for keeping Hamza and his epic hair around! 

Part cash/player deals are rare though and I'm not sure if he is rated high enough for Champions Inter to be interested. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I've accepted Praet should go, even though I'm a fan. KDH and Soumare have looked incredible and for some dumb reason, I still have a soft spot for keeping Hamza and his epic hair around! 

Part cash/player deals are rare though and I'm not sure if he is rated high enough for Champions Inter to be interested. 

If Hamza does ever leave, we need to shave off his hair to make into a wig and stick it on Filbert Fox. 

We can let the player go but I don't want our club to lose that fro.

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

Yesterday’s result could have two impacts on Top - 

1.) he thinks that what we have now is enough and so we don’t need to spend too much on a new CB

2.) winning against the champions and winning at Wembley again whilst also keeping a clean sheet further convinces Top and the board that BR is worth the money he asks for as he will take this team to new heights (he has already tbf) 

I for one hope it’s the latter. But I doubt we’ll spend £20m+ without someone going through the exit door. 

That would be incredibly stupid of him, frankly.  We beat their cup team in a match Pep treated as a friendly.

Top quality centre back this, one of the best in Serie A. Can play with the ball at his feet and is tall to boot. Left footed also.

Seems a bit OTT to sign him, but if we think Evans is going to have recurring injury issues throughout the season, then they don't come much better than this. A player that usually we would have no chance with, but with Inter having a fire sale (there are some rumours saying they are facing liquidation!) it's possible.

Where we get the money from I don't know? FFP is relaxed this year so I'd imagine it would be a personal handout from King Power to make such a move happen.

Obligatory video:

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

The links keep coming, this time for a double deal of Brozovic and de Vrij for €48m

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-said-willing-pay-e48m-impressive-double-deal/

Seems extraordinarily unlikely unless Youri or Madders are off. The price also seems ridiculous. De Vrij alone should go for near that, and Brozovic is a £40m player. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

While I’ll continue to dream of de Vrij and Madueke, winning the Europa League & finishing top 4, I’m strangely reconciled to the signings being Vestegaard and Dan James. 

We’d be stronger than we are now…

I'd love the first two, but would be pretty happy with the second two as well.

First two would cost 70m, even the second two would cost 30m+

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

While I’ll continue to dream of de Vrij and Madueke, winning the Europa League & finishing top 4, I’m strangely reconciled to the signings being Vestegaard and Dan James. 

We’d be stronger than we are now…

Two more on the payroll though and nobody leaving . Only Knight and Gray have actually been transferred in the last twelve months.

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Two more on the payroll though and nobody leaving . Only Knight and Gray have actually been transferred in the last twelve months.

There will be people leaving, it just won’t be upfront full amounts I imagine

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

There’ll be leavers too, dream or no.

Other leavers in the last 12 months included James, Morgan, Fuchs, Slimani, Silva…

• Like 1