Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox85

Stefan de Vrij

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd love the first two, but would be pretty happy with the second two as well.

First two would cost 70m, even the second two would cost 30m+

Option one requires an uncharacteristic financial punt by the owners.

Option two simply requires trimming the squad - Ghezzal, Praet and Hamza should cover that readily enough.

• Like 1

Can't see this being true at all.  

A) can't see us spending that much on a 29 year old defender

B) can't see us spending that much after what we've already brought in

If Raiola is offering him about it'll purely be because he knows we need a defender so he's making other clubs aware that he's after a move and using us to advertise the fact. If there is any truth to this link at all, then surely it'll be something along those lines 

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Let's be honest though, Spurs have more revenue and a higher budget than us. That being said if we wanted him we could have him if he wanted to join. 

Lets be even more honest, Spuds are a BILLION (that`s a thousand million) in debt :-)  run by dick heads, have a manager they didn`t really want who plays park the bus football and have won sod all in the lifetime of most of their fans, slobber gob wants to leave and if forced to stay will down tools.

They signed him on a free and they are bankrupt so can't see how they can be in a position to be demanding £30m. If Raiola is involved, its probably £10m to inter and £20m in his back pocket the dodgy bastard! 

Edited by jayfox26

34 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Can’t think of any reason for us to be interested in Brozovic?

Hang on - we could have a sell-on lined up (v unlikely)? Or we’re about to sell Ndidi (even more unlikely)?

Arsenal fans getting excited Brozovic is a Madders replacement!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, mad biker said:

Lets be even more honest, Spuds are a BILLION (that`s a thousand million) in debt :-)  run by dick heads, have a manager they didn`t really want who plays park the bus football and have won sod all in the lifetime of most of their fans, slobber gob wants to leave and if forced to stay will down tools.

Slobber god. Amazing.

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

That would be incredibly stupid of him, frankly.  We beat their cup team in a match Pep treated as a friendly.

That’s irrelevant to be honest. We went to Wembley and kept a clean sheet again. We dominated them first half and then contained them with our second team in the second half, then we got the win. Their back 4 and CDM would get in to most sides the league. It was only a second string team in a few positions.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Rumours floating around that they’re ****ed, and on the brink of being dissolved….. that’s insane if true….

wow really? They do seem to be putting a lot of players up for sale. 

I think clubs like Barcelona, Real, Atletico, Juve and now Inter could potentially go bankrupt and be asset stripped of players. Early signs are there! 

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think clubs like Barcelona, Real, Atletico, Juve and now Inter could potentially go bankrupt and be asset stripped of players. Early signs are there! 

Just need the Manchester clubs and Chelsea to go too...

1 hour ago, Dylster said:

The Brozovic link makes my doubt the reliability of that article, doesn't really make any sense for us to be in for him too 

I'm not so sure. Although I think it's unlikely it would be a great addition as a DM because the only backups we've had for 3-4 years now have been choudhury and mendy. In this scenario I'd prefer to take him in and offload the other 2. I can't see it though as we aren't shifting players fast enough at the minute anyway.

15 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'm not so sure. Although I think it's unlikely it would be a great addition as a DM because the only backups we've had for 3-4 years now have been choudhury and mendy. In this scenario I'd prefer to take him in and offload the other 2. I can't see it though as we aren't shifting players fast enough at the minute anyway.

The thing is I can't see Brozovic coming as back up to anyone. Him coming would probably mean Ndidi going and that thought makes me incredibly sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The thing is I can't see Brozovic coming as back up to anyone. Him coming would probably mean Ndidi going and that thought makes me incredibly sad.

Absolutely no chance Wilf is off. No chance. It’s crap made up by their agent to try and get their players off a sinking ship! 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Rumours floating around that they’re ****ed, and on the brink of being dissolved….. that’s insane if true….

It's a really interesting story in the madness that seems to be going round Europe post Covid.

Internazionale are owned by the Suning Group, a Chinese conglomerate, who spent BIG in an effort to make a global splash with their PR and brand. They aren't the only ones as Fosun from Wolves are another and Dalian Wanda at Atletico Madrid are another. Just like Atlectico, Inter went pretty hard signing Conte and pumping massive funds into players like Lukaku, Sanchez, Eriksen, etc.

But Suning got hit with a triple whammy. They were massively over-leveraged in their efforts to expand and ended up facing a cash liquidity crisis in China. Covid then hit causing problems over there and also for the revenues of their two clubs, one of which won the Chinese top division. On top of that the CCP have mandated that Chinese companies are no longer allowed to pump money into foreign clubs in a change in policy for Chinese clubs and football in general, and given the way China operates, those guidelines aren't suggestions, they are pretty much law.

That's why Wolves aren't signing many players. Even though they have the case, they literally can't pump funds in and the club has to be self sufficient. Atletico are a bit luckier, their Chinese owner sold the majority of his shares after recent successes and the club is quite lucrative, so he seems to have got out at the right time. Inter on the other hand are completely and utterly ****ed. They have had to borrow money to pay debts they already owe, such as the rest of the transfer fee for Lukaku to Man United, with little to no guarantee of even making enough money to pay those loans back. And then on top of that, many of their executives are wanted in China for not paying back existing debts as it seems all sorts of dodginess is going on with the way they have tried to bail themselves out of the situation they find themselves in.

Inter are just one part of a massive multi-national series of assets, so anything that isn't their major profit maker is having a fire sale. So any player that is of any worth is most likely up for grabs, and that's if the club aren't liquidated first. Most likely if that were to happen if would take a few months, but it's definitely possible. If their owners are facing jail time (and they might be!) then anything is possible, which is why the Premier League is likely to raid Inter for everything they've got over the next 3 weeks.

All of this does frighten me a bit because for as amazing as our owners are, their main business is Duty Free which must be totally and utterly screwed. Top keeps showing up and backing the club, so most likely because Leicester is self sufficient he doesn't have to worry about it. But there is a situation where I could see Top selling, and that's if the King Power group was in such trouble that he needed the money, as most likely LCFC is worth 1 Billion as it stands. I don't think this will happen, but it goes to show how quickly things can change in life.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

This is possibly  the real reason these teams were so desperate to get the super league up. They are so in debt the current revenue from existing comps are just not enough to get them out of the poo they are in. They all have get rid of players to remove wages and being in what funds they can. 

These clubs have been run so badly by egomaniacs that they have sold their souls to the devil and now it is time to pay for it. 

Edited by Hack
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Booo.

Seriouly, it makes sense. Dennis is a quality player, perhaps more suited to the Italian league. He is well down the pecking order here and for his own career he needs to be playing first team football. He must know he has no future here if he can't even make the bench.

Inter don't need more players. They need money. They need to trim their roster and wages. Tell me when was the last significant swap deal done? 

4 hours ago, Dylster said:

The Brozovic link makes my doubt the reliability of that article, doesn't really make any sense for us to be in for him too 

It took that to shake your belief?  It was never believable to begin with.