Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Norwich v Leicester Pre Match Thread 28/08(3.00)

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I don't see how Daka and Vardy fit in the same team, and I'm sure Daka didn't give up Champions League football to sit on the bench. How Brendan manages this will be crucial.

Daka and Iheanacho seemed to be the best partnership in pre season so I hope we give them a chance and drop Maddison & Vardy tbh

• Like 2

Mentality will play a huge part in this game are we up to the task of shouting back or are we going to go into hiding?

In the context of the season this now feels massive, do we have that bounce back ability?

Are we fearless or fearful?

Strap yourselves in this feels like it is about to get very bumpy.

Sometimes you need a work

horse to help your best men flourish. We got run over today. Win the scrap and allow Youri to dictate and we’ll win.

Fed up of this passive try and knick 1-0 style we’ve turned into for months, we cannot do that now without Fofana and Evans so we have to adjust.

Praet has not showed me anything to decide that he should be written off so why not?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Kasper

Ricardo

Vestegaard

Soyuncu 

Bertrand

Ndidi

Soumare

Tielemans

Barnes

Nacho

Daka

But we know it'll be Albrighton in for Perez as the only change. 

That team suits me. Whilst for injury reasons it wasn't available, I think it could have done a good job tonight too!

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Not the Way hes been Coaching the back 4..

Generally our defence has been pretty decent since he's been here. It doesn't help that 3 of todays back 4 probably wouldn't play if everyone was fit. Amartey just isn't good enough, Thomas is inexperienced and needs experienced heads around him (we currently don't have any in defence) and Soyuncu has been a car crash for over a year. Castagne, Justin and Bertrand would all be ahead of Thomas if they were available/fully fit and Evans, Fofana and Vestergaard would be in ahead of Amartey and Soyuncu. If Fofana is going to miss most of the season and there are question marks over Evans long term fitness, I'd argue we need another cb more than a winger. The thought of regularly playing Soyuncu and/or Amartey makes me feel ill. 

Norwich will be buzzing for this after tonight.

It's a huge game.  After that we have Man City (H), Brighton (A), Burnley (H) & Crystal Palace (A).  I think after that run we'll know exactly where we are and whether we are serious about challenging again or whether we are truly on the slide.

12 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

If Rodgers goes there and tries to play a pretty possession game, I'm seriously questioning his future here.

Turn it into a game of you attack, we attack, and we win comfortably. 

High press, high energy. 

We know Brendan won't change, so the only variable is Farke. If Farke doesn't set up like West Ham did then he's an idiot and deserves to be relegated.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I don't see how Daka and Vardy fit in the same team, and I'm sure Daka didn't give up Champions League football to sit on the bench. How Brendan manages this will be crucial.

Has Daka ever played as a wide forward at all? On either side? 

If not I struggle to understand the signing.

We were already going to struggle to keep an in-form Kelechi happy with our preferred formation, so what's Daka here to do? 

We need options out wide. It's ridiculous.