Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Norwich v Leicester Pre Match Thread 28/08(3.00)

20 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

What boozers are people going to?

Think the Complete Angler is no longer an away pub.

Away fans have the Nelson now, right in front of you from the train station. Those who like their real ales could try the Coach and Horses. It will be mixed but always hassle free. Turn right exiting the train station, right again on to Thorpe road and it’s 5 mins away on your left. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Midlands yellow said:

Away fans have the Nelson now, right in front of you from the train station. Those who like their real ales could try the Coach and Horses. It will be mixed but always hassle free. Turn right exiting the train station, right again on to Thorpe road and it’s 5 mins away on your left. 

Cheers,I’ve had many a night in there and the Fat Cat as I had a mate who lived within spitting distance of the latter.

17 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Cheers,I’ve had many a night in there and the Fat Cat as I had a mate who lived within spitting distance of the latter.

Your welcome, anyone stopping over should head down Tolmbland (near the cathedral) after the match. Nice restaurants and pubs in the old part of the city. 

On 23/08/2021 at 21:56, SecretPro said:

Can't see a win. We are absolutely toothless going forward. If we keep playing Vards up top on his own then I don't know where out goals will come from. Expect Norwich to take the piss out of us, we have no defence and no width. 

....last season playing alongside Nacho the only thing missing was Vardy scoring from good chances!!!

I would like to see Nacho with either Daka or Vardy upfront. We will be a team freshened up and ready to start the season, a new era without Perez.

• Like 1

I don’t think there’s a single manager in the league that can’t see that if you pressure our back 4 they will make mistakes. I’d be surprised if Norwich sat back. 

it always baffles me when teams are passive when our defenders have the ball 

Edited by Lambert09

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t think there’s a single manager in the league that can’t see that if you pressure our back 4 they will make mistakes. I’d be surprised if Norwich sat back. 

it always baffles me when teams are passive when our defenders have the ball 

Then as the manager, you'd be well advised to pick a substantial midfield that amongst other things, would be capable to protect any frailties. Oops, too late!

We may be without Fofana and Evans but that's not the end of the world and certainly no excuse. If you can't field a decent team from the rest of such a talented squad in order to beat a poor newly promoted Norwich side then you need stuffing with a ragman's trumpet (no disrespect to Norwich who I wish to do well after this encounter).

We better win this. Need to employ the super diamond. Back 4 with a diamond of Wilf, Youri, Soumare, Maddison and start Kele and Daka / Vards 

Have to sacrifice Harvey for now whick I don't like but we can't build a team around one winger. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yeah the Perez sending off could be a blessing in disguise. Gives someone else a chance to take the shirt permanently.

Hopefully it's Daka or Iheanacho.

Both Daka and Iheanacho have looked really lively over the last few weeks. 

Daka looked tremendously rapid again on Monday night when he came on. I really like the look of him. 

Obviously Mark Albrighton would do a good job on the right too OR we could have Ricardo and Casagne overlapping going forward and providing great defensive tenacity down that wing. 

Perez offers little going forward in my view apart from his tracking back and defensive position is often reasonable. 

Slowly shaking off Monday Nights debacle and coming round to looking forward to this one. 

COYB  

12 hours ago, Clt1900 said:

Everyone always says this but, did he get a chance to play on his own during his excellent form this year? He could be great there but we will never know.

But we do know!!! He's played up there loads and he's shite. He was so prolific because he had Vardy there either creating space for him, assisting him or working with him. He hasn't got the touch, pace or strength to lead the line on his own, he needs to be a CF or play alongside a 9.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It's normally around Christmas time we get battered and remind the rest of the league how to beat us.

Norwich normally give us a hard time too. A draw will be decent here.

It wouldn't be decent at all, it would be a poor result given the immense talent we've got, much of which has been warming it's arses on the bench thus far.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Castagne   Big Dan   Soyuncu   Bertrand (If Fit)

Ndidi      Tielemans

Ricardo     Iheanacho     Barnes

Vardy

I know Monday was bad for Kasper but going a bit far not to have a Goalkeeper.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, escape2victory said:

In 2015 after being spanked 5-2 by Arsenal, we made some pragmatic changes (Simpson and Fuchs), before the away trip to Norwich…..sound familiar ?! 🧐

And also our most creative player (Mahrez) was dropped to give him a kick up the arse. Madders…

• Like 1